Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How secure is the Evoque and........
Straydox

RE: How secure is the Evoque and........

Thanks for the heads-up on this one chaps, I didn't see the Watchdog program last night, have spoken to my dealer and rec'd a positive response, fix next Monday.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
31-10-2014 05:56pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

Hmmm, there is no fix for this at the moment, though they did talk through the future plans.

I'm going to isolate the OBD on a hidden switch, it has to be the best defence for now....other than double checking its locked and blocked in by another car.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
31-10-2014 06:10pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
iwf

I like the idea of a hidden isolation switch on the OPD.

Without giving the game away, could this be something we all did?
31-10-2014 06:28pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Isolate by filling with Silicone Sealant - that would slow down any hackers!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
31-10-2014 06:28pm
Hotwheelsvespa

A friend of mine had his 2013 Range Rover vogue se stolen like this and he had terrible trouble with the insurance company as they claimed he must have left the car unlocked!!! Plus he lost his no claims and his premiums went through the roof (protected no claims made hardly any difference) so this is definitely going on, I have now had a protective device installed in both my cars which dosnt affect the way I open close and start the car but protects against this type of crime (don't want to elaborate incase the wrong people are reading this) it was done by a company called select auto systems and only cost £200 per car. Bargain compared to what it would cost to loose my pride and joy!!!!! Great job from a very nice installer called Gary very fast prompt and above all careful installation (apparently he works for all the leading prestige car manufacturers and it shows in the care he took whilst fitting, with me looking over his shoulder!!!) contact http://www.selectautosystems.co.uk
31-10-2014 09:04pm
t16mbo

Where is obd located and can Someone post a pic of obd.
On my Rs is they plug into obd they will get hurt lol
31-10-2014 09:56pm
iwf

(31-10-2014 09:04pm)Hotwheelsvespa Wrote:  A friend of mine had his 2013 Range Rover vogue se stolen like this and he had terrible trouble with the insurance company as they claimed he must have left the car unlocked!!! Plus he lost his no claims and his premiums went through the roof (protected no claims made hardly any difference) so this is definitely going on, I have now had a protective device installed in both my cars which dosnt affect the way I open close and start the car but protects against this type of crime (don't want to elaborate incase the wrong people are reading this) it was done by a company called select auto systems and only cost £200 per car. Bargain compared to what it would cost to loose my pride and joy!!!!! Great job from a very nice installer called Gary very fast prompt and above all careful installation (apparently he works for all the leading prestige car manufacturers and it shows in the care he took whilst fitting, with me looking over his shoulder!!!) contact http://www.selectautosystems.co.uk

I for one, will be ringing this lot as soon as my car is delivered. I'll still have steering wheel lock, but I'll feel better if an isolation can be fitted.
01-11-2014 01:10am
PhiliusM

The dealer near me told me that LandRover were working on a solution. That's just not good enough given the amount of time this design flaw has been known about. I am tempted to get a third party immobiliser fitted and pass the bill to LandRover.
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2014 04:07pm by PhiliusM.)
01-11-2014 09:30am
PhilSkill

Heard back from my dealer, very nice email, but saying no fix as such, they are just ensuring any rogue or cloned keys are removed from the vehicle, and that LR will be in touch when a fix is available!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
01-11-2014 11:25pm
t16mbo

All I'll say is I pity anyone who tries mine.
They best be having 999 on speed dial.
Amazing what you can rig up lol
02-11-2014 12:10am