Poll: How long will you keep your Evoque?
1 year
2 years
3 years
4 years
>4 years
10k miles
20k miles
40k miles
60k miles
>60k miles
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How long do you expect to keep your Evoque?
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: How long do you expect to keep your Evoque?

The longest I have kept a car in the last 15 years was 3 years and it was the last RRSport that I owned which went to within a month of being 3 years in my ownership. I wanted to replace it with a 2010MY car with the same TDv8 engine but LR withdrew the model, which is why I bought a pre-reg FFRR with the same engine. That TDv8 RRS was the best Land Rover I have ever owned - it drove exceeding well, had fantastic road holding for such a heavy car, it was very economical on the roads that i drive on and was beautifully built. However it also ate 3 sets of front suspension bushes during my ownership. These were replaced under warranty and LR refused to accept that there was something wrong with the bushes or suspension - I wasn't prepared to foot the bill after the warranty ran out for something that the maker claimed was a characteristic when what it needed was a harder set of bushes and a redesign of the trick electronic/hydraulic anti-roll bars.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 24-08-2011 11:44am by XFullFatTim.)
24-08-2011 10:10am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ant

3 years & then change for another LR product - maybe another Evoque - TDV8, with 8 speed box, Prestige inside, Dynamic outside ...... in Gower Grey with Abernant Black wheels, with Carmarthen Cream soft leather. ..... hehehehe.
ANT

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
(This post was last modified: 24-08-2011 11:35am by ant.)
24-08-2011 11:34am
evoqueboy

A lot if people won't like this but I will advertise my Evoque for sale at a premium. If it sells it sells, if it doesn't then I will keep it for about 2 years as I could have clocked up to 60k miles in it! Ouch
24-08-2011 01:38pm
KaDargo

This is the most I have ever spent on a car, by a long way - SWMBO says I am gtting buried in it !!Laughing

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
24-08-2011 04:21pm
cobkelly

Mine is on a straight 3 year business lease, so it depends on how it is during that time and what the buy price will be at the end of the lease. I may purchase it for my wife as hers will be 5 years old by that time.
24-08-2011 06:10pm
J77

I change my car more times than my socks, but will have to keep this car for a while my current freelander is not even a year old yet but by the time the evoque comes it will be. I need someone to invent a patch to stick on my arm to keep the cravings at bay when land rover bring out something new.Laughing

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 24-08-2011 07:36pm by J77.)
24-08-2011 07:35pm
Wackyjim

1 year then off it goes!!!!Laughing

Currently have a FFRR 4.4 TDV8 which I am keeping...now waiting for Dynamic Evoque in Fuji white with a couple of extras!!!!....wife thinks its for her and so does my secretary LaughingLaughing
24-08-2011 08:20pm
CharlieFarlie

3 Years for Me. I usually change just before the warranty runs out,,,

Charlie.
24-08-2011 08:33pm