Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How long (Time) was your test drive?
JimWooly

I was wondering how long buyers in the U.K. had driving the Evoque before agreeing to buy one and if the test drive was accompanied with a sales person or not.

Has anyone managed to 'loan' a car for say a weekend to get a real feel of the car?
14-07-2013 09:23pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barton Evoque

RE: How long (Time) was your test drive?

I got a Evoque for a saturday morning so 3hr on my own.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
15-07-2013 08:00am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I had ordered my car 3 months before I got to test drive one, but I did get three hours driving on and off road
without anybody from Land Rover with me (it was on an Evoque Unleashed day) and it only served to confirm that I had done the right thing putting my money down on a drawing and some photos!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
15-07-2013 09:13am
PhilSkill

(15-07-2013 09:13am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I had ordered my car 3 months before I got to test drive one, but I did get three hours driving on and off road
without anybody from Land Rover with me (it was on an Evoque Unleashed day) and it only served to confirm that I had done the right thing putting my money down on a drawing and some photos!

+1

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
15-07-2013 01:59pm
Madam Fuji

I didn't have a test drive, as I had one as a courtesy car for a few days when my FL2 was getting work done- that was it - lost my heart to a RRE!!!
15-07-2013 03:01pm
chapmac

Had one for a morning. Enough to test the trip to work and back plus the garage test.

ED4 Pure Tech in Santorini Black with privacy glass, panoramic roof, front fogs and anthractite headlining. Added 19" Style 3 wheels and dynamic grille
15-07-2013 05:44pm
Vc

I had about 45 minutes, a circuit from Reading towards Basingstoke which included motorway, dual carriageways and country lanes. I had the salesman with me and was in love with the Evoque before I got in!

COLLECTED 20th July Very Happy
Ordered 4th April, built 6th July
Pure SD4 auto, Mauritius Blue fogs, signatures, tailgate, power fold mirrors, electric drivers seat,
cirrus/lunar, auto dim mirror, mats.
15-07-2013 06:35pm
Bowl

None.... The first Evoque I drove was my own. LOL

Evoque SD4 Coupé Dynamic, Fuji White, Santoriny Pano roof, Lux pack, RSE, style 8 wheels, along with everything else.
15-07-2013 09:26pm
MyFirstRR

We had roughly 45 mins test driving an automatic on one occasion and then a manual on a second visit, each time without a landrover person. We then took one home overnight - mainly to check our holiday luggage would all fit, which it did, just! Also test drove BMW and Volvo ( what was I thinking!), only at Volvo did someone come out with us, felt like a driving lesson, on our second visit we took it out without a Volvo person. I guess it probably depends on individual garages.
15-07-2013 09:30pm
SINGHY

I got about 45 mins to test drive a manual demo and then placed my Order. Whilst waiting for delivery I also got a half day LR Experience event where I ragged an Evoque automatic which confirmed my decision not to buy an automatic with the dated technology.

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
16-07-2013 10:52am