Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How are our founder members doing?
doug

RE: How are our founder members doing?

1 year & 5 days. No problems at all, apart from only getting 32mpg & some miss fitting window trim. Still love it but do miss the size of my old D3 Very Happy

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
08-12-2012 09:38pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

Nearly a year (-20 days).

Still loving it and getting 37mpg (sorry doug)

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
08-12-2012 09:56pm
benzina

Mines closing in on 10 months, and i am LOVING every moment of owning this beautiful car. I love the way it drives (Both AD modes) , i love the short compact yet wide stance, i love the design language both inside and out, and that it looks so bold & different compared to the masses.
It's a good thing i feel relatively private in this high waisted masterpiece, as it continues to attract so much head turning eye fixated attention, including drivers of other far more expensive luxury cars. This cars a gem!!!

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2012 12:39am by benzina.)
09-12-2012 12:33am
berlin2011

Build date 16 Sept 2011, picked it up one year and 9 days ago - 35,000km's later still very happy. Every time my mind starts wandering off I just look around at what else is on the market and smile when I get into the Evoque. Only irk, would've appreciated a tad more boot space.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
09-12-2012 09:27am
mark_n

(08-12-2012 05:21pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Mine was delivered 15 months ago tomorrow (9th Sept 2011) - still loving it but passion severely dented by the New Range Rover Tdv6 which was able to achieve similar fuel economy to my Evoque with a much more capable and heavy vehicle............ All I need is the additional money that the New Range Rover costs! If the 2014 RRS can be brought to the market at a more sensible price than the current one and with the 4.4TDv8 engine and similar fit and finish as its big sister then I'll be heading in that direction. Unfortunately the higher spec Evoques are looking exceptionally poor value and poor quality against the bigger cars.

I think your words "exceptionally poor" are overdone. The car is built to a price and bears favourable comparison with the competition. If it did not, the initial flush of enthusiasm would have faded by now and the car would now be being dumped at discounted prices. That hasn't happened, residuals are strong and LR can sell every one they make.

I think your hopes that the RRS will be less expensive than the current car are unlikely to be realised. LR are pushing the RR brand upmarket and they are not going to do anything to steal sales from the high-end Evoques. Instead, the RRS will be "reassuringly expensive" and will create space for Evoque variants - a stretched car to address the boot size concerns, maybe a higher performance model to face up to (though unlikely to see off) the Macan. There's not much LR can do to take the RRE downmarket other than make it in China which would prostitute the brand but there is plenty they can do to stretch it at the top end.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2012 10:42am by mark_n.)
09-12-2012 09:52am
griff

Mine is now 13 months old and after nearly 17,000 miles I can say I have had no real problems with the car and on the motorway I'm approaching 40 mpg if I drive within acceptable limits (circa 70 - 80).

As a single chap these days I looked at the RRS but felt it was too big for my needs. I regret the boot is not a tad bigger as taking dog and luggage and passenger is to much but that happens rarely.

The best extra without a doubt is the electronic tailgate, key-less entry/exit and the rubber cover that covers the whole of the back and over the seats which was a gift from the dealer and is used everyday. Even the adaptive headlights work well out here in the sticks. My one extra regret is not having the heated steering wheel which I thought about and then rejected as being soft! However my battery does not go flat Laughing

BAS's work has given the engine the added bit of oomph which makes mid range overtaking a confident breeze and after months of fine tuning the 825 watt meridian I have days when my eardrums take a pounding coupled with a huge grin on my face.

The only thing that annoys me is the Sat Nav which considering it was bought in 2011 is so out of date in terms of usability v technology v the price. One thing I just don't understand is why you have the TMC green/Amber/Red indicator on the screen and rather than touching that to find out the impending delay you have to scroll through two screens to get to the information - its nuts.

However the car has not broken down, the magneride and suspension settles down after a while to give a pretty smooth ride and my friends still can't believe the car handles like it does in dynamic setting with sport mode engaged. It's just fun! The Pirelli Verde all season tyres are working well giving great grip and wear is nowhere near as bad as my BMW. I am confident they will cope with the Sussex winter.

Off road it's worked well in muddy tracks and fields and got me out of a sticky patch when I thought I was going to embarrass myself.

Overall I'm very pleased with the car and I am so glad I chose the colour. Makes it distinctive amongst all the whites and greys!

Would I choose the coupé again - with the rubbish seat motors and the extra £1,000 on reflection probably not, but as I a big bloke I find the large door a bonus and to be honest as long as you think before you park, no problem. However I don't see the extra cost reflecting in the trade value later but as I'm planning on keeping the car for at least five years I'm not that fussed.

Anyway - that's my five penny worth.
Cheers
Griff

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2012 11:05am by griff.)
09-12-2012 10:53am
Coolbanana

Been a little while since I was here but pop over to see what's going on from time to time (RRS Forum is sloooow Confused).

I bought my Evoque in December last year and loved it. The on-road handling was great for an SUV and even the off-road was good and all I needed really. I took the car to Belgium twice with my wife and two kids and had no trouble whatsoever with comfort and space (using roofbox etc.)

However, I missed taking our Labrador on longer trips so decided to look at alternatives after 11 months of happy ownership. I test drove a new RRS and it fit the bill. The interior is about the same size and luxury as the Evoque, I rediscovered I do enjoy the Command View position being higher up and, if anything, it was more comfortable with the larger boot I needed.

The Evoque's handling on twisty roads was what I was loathe to move away from most and, happily, the newer RRS models aren't far behind with the same Adaptive Dynamics system etc. The RRS is not quite as good as the Evoque in this department but close enough for me and still far better than the Disco 4, Freelander etc.

So last month I said a fond farewell to my Evoque and now drive a RRS. Like all LR products of late, it is a fabulous vehicle. It has all the toys I had on my Evoque (sunroof isn't panoramic but opens), Keyless Entry, Dual View, Electric Tailgate, 825W Hi-Fi etc and I especially like the Adaptive Cruise Control on motorways. It has a greater off-road ability but doubt it'll ever be needed; the Evoque did well enough in this regard. I've shod it with Vredestein Wintrac 4 Xtreme tyres too which means I've ensured no snow or ice this winter for those down south. Laughing

So I'm working my way through the LR cars: Had a Disco 4 which is an excellent family car, large, spacious and fantastic off-road, comfortable and great for motorway cruising but not so great around twisty roads.
Had the Evoque which looks wonderful, is a true RR in my opinion; luxurious and capable in a smaller package.
Now the RRS which I would say is sorta like a 'something between an Evoque and Disco 4' type vehicle with its own charms. It still feels as heavy as the Disco 4 though so in its much lighter 2014 build it promises to be a brilliant all-rounder so I see my current RRS as a stepping stone to that.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
09-12-2012 12:23pm
ant

Had mine since Sept 2011 - just about 8000 miles on it so far. (Been using the Defender a lot recently as I'm emptying a house prior to sale).
Still enjoying it and it still attracts attention (returned to it yesterday to find someone taking a pic of it on his mobile).
Very tempted with the new FFRR, which has been my vehicle of choice since 1984, (except for 2 brief love affairs with a RRS and a DB9).
Is it worth twice the cost of an Evoque? ................ questions, questions.
I'll probably hold onto it for another year.
ANT

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
09-12-2012 07:55pm
Daigriff

Mine will be a year old on the 16th. Very happy overall and not been back to the dealership once. There are a couple of things that need sorting but can wait till first service next week.

I love the look and comfort but am only getting 32 mpg after 9000 miles and am not an aggressive driver.

Will keep it a bit longer especially as residuals are strong. Probably wouldn't get another as I miss the boot space and the auto box isn't the best.

Overall very happy.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
10-12-2012 01:15am
bogstomper

I traded mine in in August. I’ve missed it occasionally, but it boiled down to 3 main reasons for me...

1) I craved something with more power – for overtaking, joining motorways etc
2) For the fuel economy I was getting (c.24mg ave over 10 months – mine was the Si4) it had nothing like the performance I wanted (I should say economy doesn’t bother me per se as I don’t do big mileage, but it was pretty much exactly what I got from my V8 Audi which was, err, quicker)
3) I was very much unconvinced about the medium-longer term build quality on my car – rattles, loose trim all made me think my dealer would have continued to see quite a bit of me – and that wouldn’t have been brilliant for either me or him

All of that said I enjoyed my time with the car – it was nippy, handled amazingly for its type, was well-equipped, comfortable and (sometimes) quiet. Who’s to say I wouldn’t have another at some point when they’ve been through a couple of model iterations and sort some of the issues (and maybe find a way to slot in the Jag 3.0l diesel engine...?!).

I still lurk around the forum from time to time and like the enthusiasm on here for this car to be a success – I hope it continues to be and I hope everyone who has one or is waiting for one enjoys it thoroughly. Best to all
10-12-2012 10:11am