Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Highlights of the Best/ worst things about your Evoque...
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Highlights of the Best/ worst things about your Evoque...

I have to admit that like a couple of folks here I have found my Evoque the to be equal to or better than its bigger siblings on a long haul. Certainly as good as the TDv8 RRS and the Plus pack seats put the flat a slippery drivers seat of my last TDv8 Vogue in the shade. It is a very quiet car for a smaller car even though I am still waiting for modified door seals to be supplied after 15 months waiting!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
24-12-2012 12:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

KaDargo.

Some of us on here have bought wheel woolies, 3 very useful brushes in different sizes, works really well on the Style 6 wheels.

A google search will show you what they are.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
24-12-2012 04:23pm
gw76

Dont think the mirrors can be reduced in size, is it not an EU minimum size requirement ??
24-12-2012 05:00pm
Tulabb

Like: so easy to drive and a smooth ride

Dislike: the side mirrors (which are are great) but it creates a blind spot for me. I have to check really hard for people running across the road when I turn right. It might be to do with my height...
24-12-2012 09:05pm
IKM

Likes: Compact size LR (relatively) that fits in my garage. Terrain response, HDC, heated windscreen. The fact that it's coped well in snow and ice so far this year (winter tyres fitted). Adaptive xenons (great for country driving in the dark, which for 6 months of the year is regular).

Dislikes: After my first service, the auto box isn't as smooth as during the first 12 months of driving. MPG is getting worse (although it's not a big issue for me, as it's comparable with my manual Freelander). Auto wiper setting is a complete waste of time, I have to move it off that to the non auto setting, which is then too frequent and fast for light rain. Front headrests on Prestige stick out too much making a long journey not that comfortable (may swap driver headrest for Freelander if it fits). Dings on the centre aluminium console from seatbelts (now fitted helicopter tape).

Still a great car, and hard to think of an alternative (apart from maybe new FFRR or the new late 2013 RRS) that suits my daily commute.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
(This post was last modified: 24-12-2012 10:43pm by IKM.)
24-12-2012 10:29pm
The Valeter

Likes = Love the car. Love the looks especially those signature lights. Audio is excellent

Dislikes = Nothing really,
just the annoying fact that you can't use the audio/video whilst stopped but on chauffeuring one of my customers who has a Porche Cayenne & Audi A6 Avant S-Line they do the same so I guess it is one of those headaches with a modern hi-tech car.
Fuel consumption is poor but I accept that as I knew when ordering a 2.0 petrol you can't expect mirracles.
Get a flat bottom when driving any distance due to hard seats but again I accept some of that due to it being the sports model.

Dealers = Been back for flat battery issue twice after LR Assistance visited me 4 times (new battery fitted & software update last week). Had lower ball joint bolts replaced due to known rattle/clonk in October. Can't say that has really bothered me to be honest except the irritation at the time when the car was flat.
dealer is very good indeed (Harwoods of Edenbridge, Kent).

Would I Buy Another = Yes & probably just about to order providing Landrover don't continue being very greedy with overall pricing.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
24-12-2012 10:57pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
benzina

(24-12-2012 05:00pm)gw76 Wrote:  Dont think the mirrors can be reduced in size, is it not an EU minimum size requirement ??

I'm not convinced about the EU size requirement , particularly when Audi Q3's, Merc GLK's and such, are clearly getting around with smaller mirrors.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 25-12-2012 04:18am by benzina.)
25-12-2012 01:45am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Mirrors, the new L402 FFRR has much smaller mirrors on a much bigger frontal area!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
25-12-2012 05:41am
jitenc

Likes- forgot to mention the dual screen.. I watch the news in the morning, while commuting to work. I do not have tv on the go as i am easily distracted and could also invalid any insurance claim if god-forbid, anything happened. I usually put the screen on dual view, then turn the screen to clock mode by pressing the on/off button.... You can just about see the dulled view of the tv by leaning slightly across....works for me...Smile

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
26-12-2012 07:59am
Michelle

(23-12-2012 02:55pm)realestateguy Wrote:  I won an Evoque in a hospital lottery and picked it up in July. I read about poor Land Rover ratings and was concerned. I did have the choice of 6 cars to pick from but wanted another Suv. We took the Evoque out for a test ride and went through with the deal. We have had zero issues and are thrilled with this car.....We also own a Honda CRV and a Z06 Corvette.....I have owned many cars and motorcycles through the years and am very impressed with our red Evoque...we have the gas turbo engine in Canada and it is very quick, and drives like a sportscar...nice job Land Rover.....

Hi Realestateguy,
(Tried to PM you but it's disabled on your side)
I have a question: i had a CRV and now have an Evoque. I find that the heating in the rr very slow to heat up and hardly seems to work at the feet. In the CRV it was almost instantaneous and very effective. Did you also notice this or does my car have a problem?
Thanks.
Michelle

Ordered 8th march: SD4 Prestige auto, Fuji, panoramic roof, Cirrus/lunar interior, rear view camera, blind spot monitoring, Nav,heated front seats
Delivery: 6th December!
26-12-2012 10:40am