Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Highlights of the Best/ worst things about your Evoque...
Straydox

RE: Highlights of the Best/ worst things about your Evoque...

Mine has been back to the dealer so many times for persistent rattles and a dropped LHF door that I've literally lost count - it's the wrong side of 7 for sure and the last visit was for 5 weeks....still rattles. LR have agreed to replace the vehicle just hoping Arval (lease company) can get it's act together to get the order initiated.

Also love the design inside and out - the 825w Meridian is simply awesome, handles like a hot hatch and always makes me smile (between the wretched rattles). Compared with other premium 4x4s right now it is remarkably good value for the standard spec - (I've had the option of ditching the brand recently but will stick with it). I've driven Evoques that are perfect - mine isn't - the 2012 RRS I had as loaner had build quality issues too - seems to be a LR thing I'm afraid.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
23-12-2012 05:43pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

Build quality issues have been LRs achillies heel for many years, they just can't seem to get it sorted.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
23-12-2012 06:04pm
Urban Splash

I like that it looks cool.

Actual mpg is a disgrace. 3 visits to dealer to fix faults.

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
23-12-2012 06:43pm
mark_n

Mine is absolutely great. I am so pleased with it and the performance is improving as I cover more miles. Not a single rattle, great service from Lookers Park Royal who took care of a couple of minor warranty items and I don't have the build quality concerns others have. Of course, the fuel consumption isn't great but it's a big heavy car with a bluff cross section so it is bound to be heavy on fuel. I got 24 mpg on my latest journey but boy was I having fun.

I would buy another one in an instant, especially if there was a higher performance version.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
23-12-2012 06:51pm
gw76

Likes - looks, passer by stares, LED feature sidelights, dashboard layout, heated windscreen (though not as good as id hoped), memory seats (never had before), large washer fluid tank, pushbutton start, keyless start, bluetooth phone / ipod connectivity (except when it cuts out), Dynamic exhaust style/design.

Dislikes- crap LED moodlighting, handling (still having issues on cornering/slippage at even moderate speed), fuel economy Si4 is atrocious- will be hard to offload when selling I fear. Lag on touchscreen, lag on rear camera function, windscreen wipers come on at last setting even if frozen, flimsy rear wiper, small boot, SatNav a bit clunky and not esp user friendly, 10 min battery limit for videos etc. Iffy auto functions, lights and wipers, not very sensitive.
(This post was last modified: 23-12-2012 07:30pm by gw76.)
23-12-2012 07:29pm
Urban Splash

I agree mood lighting is rubbish. Touch screen is not as good as it should be. Auto wipers are rubbish.

I do like that it notifies you when the washers are low!

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
23-12-2012 08:08pm
Evo-king

Likes: The overall design, ride and impressive interior. The admiring glances and the fact the strangers will come up to you and ask about the car, they love it, can't say I've had any cars that have had that effect before.

Dislikes. Limited rear view, but I can live with it. This vibration issue at 1400rpm and above. Hopefully, there is a JLR resolution to this.

Finally, I enjoy the forum interaction that goes with this car.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
23-12-2012 09:08pm
Bodlyfunctions

Likes - the looks and design, both in and out, driving position, quality & value for money

Dislikes - not sure I have any? Niggles yes but not dislikes. Compared to some, mine has not squeaked nor coughed once over the last 7 months and 17k miles. Long may she continue!

Would I buy another - yep! Without a doubt. Well done JLR!
23-12-2012 11:53pm
benzina

Highlights of best - Clean chunky wedge shape killer of a design / Compact length yet nice and wide / Clean classic bold interior / Ultra comfortable seats / All round ability / Quietness of cabin / Ride quality / Knowing that there is no other car on the market that i would prefer right now, regardless of price / Excites onlookers senses with admiration, rather then jealousy / A truly GREAT long distance companion.

Highlights of the worst - We found and FIXED a very annoying rear tapping rattle. (unfastened wiring loom in rear roof lining). / They may not be the surfaces you generally touch, but the lower cabin trim plastics are hard, and a denser soft touch type (like that used in it's bigger brothers), would be more appropriate for this premium compact RR.

Highlights of areas to improve upon - Reduce exterior mirror size by 25%. / Although the build quality is VERY good on my car,i have inspected other Evoques (things like the trim surrounding the window line accuracy) and i see the quality control measures of consistancy are not QUITE to that of the precise German and Japanese standards yet.

Journey highlight - Just got back from a long distance country trip (just me and the Evoque), which included some great driving roads, and it was just sooooo much fun to drive, that i found it hard not to continuously smile.
I had climate control,i had Sat Nav, i had Adaptive dynamics,i had all my CD collection in my Iphone bluetoothing out the amazing Meridian sound system,i had superb silence when i wanted it, i had the pano roof open up the view of the tree canopy's above, and i just had this continuous overwhelming sense of supreme comfort and control that i would never tire of. Simply superb long distance driving companion...it's a great Grand tourer.Smile

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 25-12-2012 01:31am by benzina.)
24-12-2012 02:50am
KaDargo

Likes - the fantastic looks, pana roof, electric tailgate, smug factor, colour (I chose the best Smile)

Dislikes - MPG (getting worse, not better), erratic wipers, and cleaning the wheels (20" style 6, which I love, but when I get my hands in to clean the insides, I lacerate them on the badly finished disc backing plates - black mark for LR there!)

Dealer visits - none yet (squeaky door rubber has disappeared)

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
24-12-2012 10:36am