Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.86 Average
Hi Everyone!
Griff449

RE: Hi Everyone!

Are DRLs standard on all models then? Realised today when I got the car it had them and was suprised............

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
03-09-2012 10:41pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

DRLs are compulsory (uk). Std pure lights have a single DRL in each light - (upgraded) xenons have the signature led strip DRLs.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
03-09-2012 11:01pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CRC@LandRover

RE: New Apple Interface

(03-09-2012 05:17pm)NightFox Wrote:  Hi Nick,

It's looking likely that Apple are going to be moving to a new dock connector with their future iPhones/iPods etc and that the new connector will only have a digital audio out, not the analogue and digital outputs that the current connector has.

Lots of cheaper or older iPod speaker docks etc won't work with a digital audio signal as they don't have a digital-to-analogue convertor (DAC). I know that LR won't have any information about Apple's new connector at this time, but can you confirm whether the Evoque's iPod connection is a digital or analogue one?

Hi Nightfox,

Thank you for your message.

I need to obtain further information regarding the iPod connection and I'll get in touch with you accordingly.

Kind Regards,
Nick

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
04-09-2012 09:23am
NightFox

RE: New Apple Interface

(04-09-2012 09:23am)Nick@LandRover Wrote:  Hi Nightfox,

Thank you for your message.

I need to obtain further information regarding the iPod connection and I'll get in touch with you accordingly.

Kind Regards,
Nick

Thanks, much appreciated.

Neil

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
04-09-2012 10:29am
wavey.dave

I guess we'll actually find out by buying an iPhone 5 before we get a reply?

[Image: 143277.png]
12-09-2012 08:15pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Nick,

On behalf of all those who came to Gaydon last Saturday could I thank you and Liam for coming along to meet us. I hope that you enjoyed the day and your trip was worthwhile.

Tim

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-09-2012 10:04am
CRC@LandRover

Hi Tim,

Thank you so much for having us – it was great to finally put some names to faces and spend some time with everyone.

I hope everyone had a great day. We're looking forward to the next meet up!

Thanks,
Nick and Liam

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
13-09-2012 10:14am
NightFox

(12-09-2012 08:15pm)wavey.dave Wrote:  I guess we'll actually find out by buying an iPhone 5 before we get a reply?

Nick actually PM'd me rather than responding here, but for everyone else's benefit (especially as the new connector has now been confirmed):

Quote:I have liaised with our product team who have advised that when the USB is used this is a digital connection and when the 3mm aux lead is used it is an analogue connection.

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
(This post was last modified: 13-09-2012 10:49am by NightFox.)
13-09-2012 10:48am
Rootsboy

Hi Nick

i have a question regarding the meridian 825w stereo, why cant it play .wav and .aiff files via USB, i work in the music industry and i am passed on music to listen to in its original high quality format. and after paying almost 2000 euros for a upgrade for the top of the range system, i would expect it to be able to decode this format, not just being limited to low level mp3 or equivalent.
i know i can get it to work via iPod/iPhone etc, but i think it should just work for all the formats.
it is considered to be one of the top systems you can get in car these days, and i am very happy with it apart from this very odd omission.

Regards

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
23-11-2012 12:05am
CRC@LandRover

Hi Rootsboy,

Thank you for sending me your questions regarding the 825w stereo.

As I’m based in the UK I’m unable to comment on your concerns however I’m happy to arrange for someone to contact you to discuss this further.

Please send me a private message with your full name and contact details and I will pass these on to someone in Spain.

Kind Regards,
Nick

23-11-2012 05:24pm