Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help for Heroes 4x4 European Rally ......
ant

Help for Heroes 4x4 European Rally ......

Hi all. We've signed up to do the Help for Heroes 4x4 European Rally in June 2013. This is a 2,600 mile jaunt through 7 European countries for 4x4 vehicles following the path of the Allied Invasion of Europe during WWII (ish), ending up in Hitlers impenatrable fortress "The Eagles Nest" at Berchtesgarten.
It's all to raise funds for Help for Heroes - an amazing charity that provides real help for injured service men and women. For those of you that know about what they do, I need say no more, and for those of you who have never heard of the charity ..... do a search and read up.
Anyway, to make a long story even longer, it's a charity and a cause that's very close to my heart and so I've decided to give something back. I've been fortunate throughout my life (so far), to never have had to fight for my country, so the least I can do is raise some dosh to help those that do, and who get injured and traumatised whilst doing it.Sad
I thought long and hard about doing it in the Evoque, but then changed my mind and decided to do it in the Defender. My trusty old 110 wasn't really up to the job, so she's been retired to Florida. I recently bought a replacement, which got stolen just before I picked it up. I've finally got a replacement 110 CSW which I'm currently preparing for the epic expedition.Cool
Christine and I are called "Team Red Dragons" (we're from Wales after all), and we're commited to raising 1500 quid or so for H4H.
This is where you lovely generous people all come in ...... hehehehe.Tongue Out

We have an official web page set up for sponsorship and donations:

http://www.bmycharity.com/teamreddragons

If any of you fancy donating a couple of quid to help out the HEROES, then please visit and give generously. We, and the recipients of the charity, will be eternally grateful.Wink

Many thanks in advance.
Regards
ANT & CHRIS

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
(This post was last modified: 21-09-2012 04:58pm by ant.)
19-09-2012 06:54pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Griff449

RE: Help for Heroes 4x4 European Rally ......

Nice one Ant hope all goes well Smile have to keep a progress thread going as well

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
19-09-2012 09:53pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ant

(19-09-2012 09:53pm)Griff449 Wrote:  Nice one Ant hope all goes well Smile have to keep a progress thread going as well

Thanks Griff. I certainly will. .......... and if the Defender isn't ready or up to scratch I might be forced into using the Evoque! LaughingCoolShocked

AntVery Happy

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
19-09-2012 10:41pm
J77

Donation made Thumbs Up. I was lucky enough to spend 7 weeks in London transporting the worlds athletes to and from the venues at London 2012 but it was the para athletes (some of whom have lost limbs in the conflicts) that amazed me the most, and it's thanks to this charity.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
20-09-2012 01:20am
ant

(20-09-2012 01:20am)J77 Wrote:  Donation made Thumbs Up. I was lucky enough to spend 7 weeks in London transporting the worlds athletes to and from the venues at London 2012 but it was the para athletes (some of whom have lost limbs in the conflicts) that amazed me the most, and it's thanks to this charity.
Many thanks Jamie. Bow down
The H4H charity is indeed wonderful and it's thanks to donations like this and events like the 4x4 rally, that they can make such a big difference to the lives of those that have been affected most.

I won't apologise for posting here over the next few months as I intend to bump this thread every now and again to keep it at the forefront. After it's all over I'll shut up .... honest guv.Laughing
ANTVery Happy

20-09-2012 11:09am
Evo-king

Just added my little bit to the pot.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
20-09-2012 11:40am
ant

(20-09-2012 11:40am)Evo-king Wrote:  Just added my little bit to the pot.
Thank you Andrew. Gratefully received.Very Happy
Regards
ANTThumbs Up

20-09-2012 11:49am
ant

Bump.
LaughingWink

21-09-2012 04:57pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

No need to bump it now Ant, I've "stickied" the thread until you have completed the run.
A most worthwhile cause.

Off topic - was it you over on RRS who once posted that your niece was on TV - somebody Smith?
If so she seems to be doing very well as she has been on Radio 4 programmes at least twice today!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 21-09-2012 06:31pm by XFullFatTim.)
21-09-2012 06:20pm
ant

Thanks Tim, appreciate that.

.... and thanks to the anonymous donation that just came in. Very generous - thank you.

We've just raised our first 100 quid (no pound sign on my keyboard in Canada, only $), so just 1400 more to reach the target.

ANT
(21-09-2012 06:20pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Off topic - was it you over on RRS who once posted that your niece was on TV - somebody Smith?
If so she seems to be doing very well as she has been on Radio 4 programmes at least twice today!

Yes, that was me. She's Joanna Page, who was Stacey in "Gavin and Stacey". (It's probably meaningless to you Tim as you don't watch TV Rolling Eyes, but "Smiffy" was one of the other characters played by James Corden). She's also currently on TV in the comedy "Gates", was in the recent drama about a lottery winning syndicate, been in a film with Johnny Depp about Jack the Ripper and was in "Love Actually".Cool
She was regularly photographed by one of the guys on RRS Forum who was a papparazzi photographer - (forget his forum name now, but he's the one you mentioned the other day who had a crash when the Sport was 2 days old and then had it submerged in a flood in London a year later - rebuilt twiceMad).
That's todays claim to fame.Laughing
Shocked
ANT

(This post was last modified: 21-09-2012 11:29pm by ant.)
21-09-2012 06:57pm