Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hello & Happy Christmas!
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Hello & Happy Christmas!

Yes, I have the BBC news app on my iPad and it is much better for keeping up with the news than our daily e-paper as it is updated several times during the day.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
24-12-2012 11:58am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
eddkawasaki

Enjoy your Braai Tim its a pretty balmy 3 degrees and blowin a hoolie with 6.5m swells as we sail out of Lerwick. Looks like the soup will be off the menu for xmas dinner tomorrow.

SD4 Dynamic Lux, 5 Door, Firenze Red, Ebony Interior, Black headlining, Black Contrast Panoramic Roof, Aeroflip Spoiler, Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel, Adaptive Xenons, TPMS & Spare wheel
Order Date: 14th May 2012
Build date: approx 5th Oct 2012
Delivery Date: Should be 22nd Oct
Actual delivery: 31st Oct

[Image: 151436.png]
24-12-2012 12:18pm
XFullFatTim

Safe sailing edd, at least it can only get better, here it can only get worse! Had too many years on small ships trading in the Arctic and across the Bay when even soup was off the menu and we had to endure sarnies for days on end until the weather cleared up. Are you on supply boats or the Northlink ferries?
We've finished the first of our string of Christmases - the Filipino Xmas eve with turkey, fried rice, peppered crabs, garlic jumbo tiger prawns followed by a very sweat iced sponge cake made ashore in Chennai and despite all the vivid colours of icing on it was very tasty.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 24-12-2012 03:24pm by XFullFatTim.)
24-12-2012 03:19pm
eddkawasaki

I work on Seawell, she's a well intervention & dive support vessel. Our weather is due to subside for a day or two so we are sprinting out to the field (about 8 hours steam) then I hear rumours that we will be running for cover again later in the week to avoid more weather and do a crew change. Who knows we might even be alongside for newyear....

Be safe and enjoy your weather while it lasts

SD4 Dynamic Lux, 5 Door, Firenze Red, Ebony Interior, Black headlining, Black Contrast Panoramic Roof, Aeroflip Spoiler, Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel, Adaptive Xenons, TPMS & Spare wheel
Order Date: 14th May 2012
Build date: approx 5th Oct 2012
Delivery Date: Should be 22nd Oct
Actual delivery: 31st Oct

[Image: 151436.png]
24-12-2012 04:02pm
XFullFatTim

We had just removed the suckling pig from the spit roast and got everything prepared when the heavens opened here! Torrents of tropical warm rain for 30 minutes that has cooled everything off nicely to a more reasonable 25c. It's a tough life!

25-12-2012 03:39pm
Filski

Hello & Happy Christmas!

(24-12-2012 03:19pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  a very sweat iced sponge cake
Very tasty indeed?? Wink

Sydney had a very cool, wet Christmas but that is often the case. It's a bit of a contrast with the rest of the Australian summer and was thankful for it to be honest, rather than eyeing of the beach a short walk away. BBQ lunch, no ham or turkey, but plenty of full strength microbrewery beers. Still a few left, will have one for you and the crew Tim.
26-12-2012 01:36am
XFullFatTim

Thanks for the offer Filski, we are a " dry" company with a rigidly enforced, zero tolerance alcohol policy. So we had to make do with a case of disgusting zero alcohol Bravaria beer that cost $US75 a case!

26-12-2012 12:09pm
MarkLondon

Looking forward to collecting my Evoque from Hadley Green in January Very Happy

Arrived Jan 2013 from Hadley Green Arrow Prestige SD4 Manual, Fuji White, Pan Roof, Cirrus/Lunar, Aluminium, Ivory Headliner, A/D, Privacy, Lux Pack, Xenons etc
26-12-2012 02:06pm
James @ Grange Barnet LR
Site Sponsor

Hi Mark, thanks for the order! I always like to keep a close eye on forum orders, therefore if you get a chance to drop me a pm with your details and who's looking after you? Wink

I'm currently away from the dealership, but back in tomorrow.

James Smile
27-12-2012 06:34pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MarkLondon

Hi James,

PM sent Very Happy

Mark

Arrived Jan 2013 from Hadley Green Arrow Prestige SD4 Manual, Fuji White, Pan Roof, Cirrus/Lunar, Aluminium, Ivory Headliner, A/D, Privacy, Lux Pack, Xenons etc
27-12-2012 06:52pm