Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Heavy Rain
nishandf

Heavy Rain

Which Terrain response mode would be best suited for heavy rain on a wet road? Only stability purposes please.Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 25-09-2012 07:33am by nishandf.)
25-09-2012 07:32am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: Heavy Rain

"normal" would be my suggestion.
unless you're driving in snow/mud/sand then I'm not sure why you'd pick anything different. Smile

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
25-09-2012 07:34am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SimonS

Gras/Gravel/Snow is the one to use. It sets all the traction systems to the most sensitive settings.

(That's what I was told at my LRE day).

SD4 Manual Prestige/Baltic Blue/PSR/Privacy glass/heated Steering wheel/spare.
25-09-2012 08:25am
David-H.

(25-09-2012 08:25am)SimonS Wrote:  Gras/Gravel/Snow is the one to use. It sets all the traction systems to the most sensitive settings.

(That's what I was told at my LRE day).

We were told the same on our LRE half day at Dunkeld.

I've just come back from driving some of the roads south of Edinburgh which are badly affected by surface water and flooding. I just left the special programs off and the car behaved impeccably. The TC light flashed a couple of times, but that was probably down to the driver.

Cheers.

Dynamic Coupe SD4 manual, Orkney Grey, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass & 20" Chrome Shadow Alloys.

Other drives - Suzuki Jimny - lifted 2 " (Offroad toy)
BMW Mini John Cooper Works.
25-09-2012 11:53am
PhilSkill

Traction and Stability control is on in normal mode, that's all you should need for tarmac. Conditions would likey need to be really slippery to use Grass, Gravel, Snow which is unlikely on Tarmac, in the rain you're relying on the tyre treads to shift the water and the traction control to catch any wheel spin and stability control to catch any sideways sliding.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
25-09-2012 01:49pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

You won't do any damage using GGS mode but you will notice that your acceleration is negligible as the system will only let you accelerate very slowly! May not be great joining a motorway or trying to pullout of a junction! As above normal will do, what to watch out for is not to be overconfident with entering deep standing water, you have 50cm wading depth but .................. Some standing flood water can be deeper

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 25-09-2012 05:44pm by XFullFatTim.)
25-09-2012 05:42pm
mark_n

I've been driving today in the deluge hit Northumberland and the car has been fabulous, very sure footed. Sympathies though for those affected by flooding. Good walking in spite of the weather.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
25-09-2012 06:56pm
PhilSkill

Yep just been through Biblical Rain tonight, No worries...

I cant begin to imagine what it must be like to get flooded... Sympathies too.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
25-09-2012 07:21pm
Jonathon555

My mate hydrolocked his car today going through a big flood

He then got stranded in a floating car for an hour

I luckily did not have to go out today as most of the roads round here are impassable even the motorways

I have to be out early in the morning , so i will pick my routes carefully

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
25-09-2012 08:03pm
Urban Splash

Well the car was rubbish....had to turn around on a back road as the water was pretty high. 2 hrs going nowhere much and made it home. Oh, the car, well I was in our fiat 500. As the Evoque was sat on the drive 'in case' the wife wanted to go somewhere (which she didn't as it happened). I learned a valuable lesson today, when it floods, take the evoque and ignore the wife!

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
25-09-2012 09:32pm