Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Headlamp converters for France?
Onebigjobby

RE: Headlamp converters for France?

A note on the Breathalysers u need, they must be the French approved Breathalyser, not just any cheap ones, the French authorities have stated they will still give out fines for people with Breathalysers that are not French approved.
The ones from Halfords are French approved, it always states on the box if they are.
Hope this helps
Onebigjobby
03-06-2012 08:41pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gashton

Pleased to report we made it across safe and sound in the euro tunnel with no problems - felt a little tight at first but I think that's just the beauty of the evoques width...

The funniest thing so far has been the French reaction to the car...it's like we have landed from out of space - one chap stopped and got out his car in the car park to have a good walk around and nose at it...have to admit we felt very proud!!!

Couldn't find the "converter" in the menu but as many have stated, we haven't needed it (touchwood) and are just enjoying a wonderful jubilee road trip!
03-06-2012 09:09pm
Griff449

I am interested to know for sure if there is a beam switch on the menu for driving abroad.......

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
04-06-2012 09:15am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sensorian

Regularly travel to France via the tunnel and the width of the car is never a problem, equally the headlights do not need any converters as described above. One weird point to note is....I didnt want a stick on GB sticker and my dealer was too tight to fit the correct european number plates so I bought one of those magnetic ones. Problem is it doesnt stick as presumably the boot lid is made of some kind of composite so ended up having to buy a GB sticker......

Dynamic Barolo Black, Black interior, Panoramic roof, plus pack, style 6 wheels, Meridian upgrade
04-06-2012 09:25am
Evo-king

Yeah, the boot/hatch is plastic.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
04-06-2012 10:38am
stevehill

(03-06-2012 09:09pm)gashton Wrote:  Pleased to report we made it across safe and sound in the euro tunnel with no problems - felt a little tight at first but I think that's just the beauty of the evoques width...

The funniest thing so far has been the French reaction to the car...it's like we have landed from out of space - one chap stopped and got out his car in the car park to have a good walk around and nose at it...have to admit we felt very proud!!!

Couldn't find the "converter" in the menu but as many have stated, we haven't needed it (touchwood) and are just enjoying a wonderful jubilee road trip!

Just checked mine it is in the vehicle settings under headlamps then the high beam drive on left or drive on right
04-06-2012 08:51pm
FFRR

This is interesting stuff. As far as I'm aware, the option to switch to right hand/left hand drive is for those with AHBA as it 'looks' in a different direction according to the setting.
04-06-2012 11:15pm
IKM

(04-06-2012 11:15pm)FFRR Wrote:  This is interesting stuff. As far as I'm aware, the option to switch to right hand/left hand drive is for those with AHBA as it 'looks' in a different direction according to the setting.
That makes sense, thanks!

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
04-06-2012 11:20pm
Vern

I have traveled through Eurotunnel a couple of times now. 20" wheels are safe on the side rails as indicated earlier. But recommend you turn into the carriage and line up as early as possible as really easy to catch front wheel when entering.

Take a good DVD as cool way to pass the time in the Train.

I always fold the mirrors in to go past the toilets as they get pretty close and I want to minimise driving off line to pass them.

Regarding the breathalizer requirements. Be carefully with buying the test kits on UK high street. the UK driving limit is 0.8 mg/ml and most kits available on the high street are for UK limits. France is 0.5 mg/ml so you need to get the appropriate kit. The AA store in the Eurotunnel terminal building at Folkstone have the appropriate kits for France, ask as they didn't have them on display a couple of months ago.

Note make sure you always have more than 1 test stick available in the car. If the police stop you and get you to use it you will then be unable to continue your journey at the risk of a fine, although it is pretty small at €11.

2014 Dynamic 5dr SD4, 9 speed Auto, Indus Silver, Pano roof, Power Tailgate, Heated Stearing Wheel (brilliant ) Spare Wheel, Etc.
Traded in my 2012 model similar spec on great deal, It's that goodWink
05-06-2012 07:48pm