Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Head light washers
ChuckieB

RE: Head light washers

(01-07-2012 07:51am)cjfp Wrote:  Are you saying that the information was in the manual all the time ?!?! Gee that seems like a handy book, maybe they ought to give a copy away with each car as info like that might come in handy Laughing

And a handy cubby hole to store it might not go amiss either Very Happy

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
01-07-2012 10:16am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

But if they supplied that handy cubby hole then nobody would read the manual.....................

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
01-07-2012 05:40pm
RacingSnake

just as a odd supplement to this, just today I notice 'blue' water all up my bonnet on the drivers side tonight.
Now either I've been parked under a flight path (which ironically I am), or I have proof the washers are working! lol

just found it odd that I've not noticed it before, but this thread pops up and I find they're ruining my nice clean bonnet! Very Happy

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
01-07-2012 09:17pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
speary

Apparently they wash the headlights alternately so as not to completely reduce the beam from both headlights. What about the windscreen, when the screen washers spray their MIST I cant see a thing for a second or two until the wipers kick in Shocked

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
02-07-2012 08:35am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Then switch the wipers to manual from auto-on, let them sweep a dry screen and then press the wash button..............

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
03-07-2012 11:59am
speary

(03-07-2012 11:59am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Then switch the wipers to manual from auto-on, let them sweep a dry screen and then press the wash button..............

What!!! and drag all the crap from the bottom of the screen across it dry. I dont fancy all the scratches that I would end up with

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
03-07-2012 12:47pm
Bowl

I just noticed that when the headlamp washers work, they go twice each, alternatively... Like so... R-L-R-L.

Evoque SD4 Coupé Dynamic, Fuji White, Santoriny Pano roof, Lux pack, RSE, style 8 wheels, along with everything else.
03-07-2012 08:03pm
PhilSkill

Is there no warning when the washer bottle is nearly empty, My washers didn't work today, at first I though they might be frozen but I could see a reducing trickle coming out from the jets, while the windscreen smeared itself into a wall of white salt... Guess I've just got lazy with the Volvo that warns me before this ever happens... Or the Mazda which has a Washer bottle the size of a small house and has never even got 1/2 empty in a year of driving between services (Maybe it has a warning but i'd never know! Laughing )

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
13-12-2012 02:59pm
J77

The Fl2 alerts you when the washers are low, I would surprised if the Evoque didn't

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
13-12-2012 03:14pm
PhilSkill

Will check when I get back in as I was also surprised it didn't, Maybe it did and I lost the important message amongst the usual Bing for door open, Sealt belt warning message etc etc... Or maybe it really was frozen!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
13-12-2012 04:03pm