Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Head lamp issues
Cvrra

RE: Head lamp issues

I have a replacement headlight unit on the way for the passenger side which apparently was ordered today and due tomorrow! I shall believe it when I see it!
18-02-2013 09:50pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
magnumforc

This may sould rhetorical, but if you touch the glass bulbs when installing them, they will fail prematurely; often the glass envelope will actually "explode" as a result of the oil from yor fingers interacting with the glass as it heats to very high temperatures. My solution to that with past vehicles has been to wipe the bulbs with an alcohol wipe just before inserting it into the lamp assembly to assure it is perfectly clean before it is seated and closed up. Grease or other contaminants will result in the same bulb damage and also must be cleaned away the same. Rubbing alcohol will work fine and dries in seconds...do let it dry and air out before firing up the lanmp! The halogen or halogen-xenon bulbs for desk lamps and torchieres will do the same thing. Consumer safety in the US mandated a safety shield over the bulbs due to not only the excessive heat but the poential for explosion from a failed bulb.

Hope this helps someone. As an old arson investigator, saw lots of bulbs pop in many different ways. None of them good, I'd add.

Cheers!
21-05-2013 05:37am
richard_babyrr

Time to re-activate old Thread !!!! Just asking for how this was resolved........

Hi everyone - new Member on here. I have had the same issue with Headlamp bulbs (Halogen) exploding - have changed them back out (after hoovering), but my driver's side bulb seems stuck on Main Beam. Is there any adjustment I can make ? Or is is a dealer trip (and will it be covered by warranty ?)

Thanks
Richard
22-12-2015 11:08am
PhilSkill

Would expect the Main beam not working to be covered, Depending on age and mileage and if original bulb, they may even cover that too since it exploded. I don't know if the main beam is a mechanical moving cover on the Halogen lights, but maybe a bit of glass is wedged in the unit somewhere.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
22-12-2015 02:59pm