Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Head Up Display
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Head Up Display

Mark, there are other strange anomalies - eg I have the approaching vehicle sensing that comes as part of the perpendicular autoparking and Blind Spot Monitoring, but because I have it means I cannot have rear mudflaps on the car! The parking sensors and Blind Spot sensors are nowhere near where the mudflaps get mounted so why can they not be fitted?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-10-2014 09:59am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stadt Panzer

Head Up Display

I'd agree with Tim on most points but there are options I really do like, the powered tailgate being one, I have the magic box from our friend across the water and it works a treat. The sign recognition is great the lane assist and park etc are a waste of time, just like the TV, surrounded cameras but then again I like the heated steering wheel (cold here in the winter) and high beam assist, which does have it moments but I can live with that.
I agree that the packs make no sense as you always seem to be pushed into paying for something you don't want.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
02-10-2014 11:44am
XFullFatTim

SP, I like the powered tailgate too, but it's taklen LR 3 years to figure out how to make it remote closing, and it still isn't available. Pretty pathetic really when members here can build a system and offer it on the forums yet a large company like LR don't think there is a need for it!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2014 01:19pm by XFullFatTim.)
02-10-2014 01:18pm
fam1x

I had a look at the intelligent pack online on a new build and unable to see where it mentions Heads up display ?

From what I can see whats included in INTELLIGENT PACK is
Lane Departure Warning
Traffic |Sign Recognition
Auto Dimming Interior Mirror
Automatic Headlamps With High Beam Assist

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
02-10-2014 02:48pm
Devonian

(02-10-2014 02:48pm)fam1x Wrote:  I had a look at the intelligent pack online on a new build and unable to see where it mentions Heads up display ?

From what I can see whats included in INTELLIGENT PACK is
Lane Departure Warning
Traffic |Sign Recognition
Auto Dimming Interior Mirror
Automatic Headlamps With High Beam Assist

It's a separate option. Available to add to an order now but not showing up online as yet.

Article showing it here: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/paris-...ver-evoque

2012-2014: Dynamic SD4 Auto Lux Coupe. Santorini Black, Style 7 20" Shadow wheels, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons, High Beam Assist, Solar Attenuating Glass and black Dynamic Plus pack. Sold back to Land Rover due to many build quality issues.
On order: Corris Grey Dynamic SD4 5 door, black contrast pan roof, blind spot indicators, Intelligence Pack, Head Up Display, Solar Glass, 825W Stereo and powered tailgate.
02-10-2014 05:24pm
mark_n

Land Rover have to careful the product doesn't drown in froth. We know they have no place to go with regard to better performance but endlessly adding fripperies to the car just means a bigger loss come resale.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
02-10-2014 06:13pm
Devonian

I think LR need to offer every optional extra separately and the packs should be sold as a way of bulk buying extras that you want to save money. Is this the same with all car makers? I have no experience of buying a new car from anyone else as this was my first new car. I assume that they're all similar?

HUD still not showing available online but has been added to my order. I'm hoping that Land Rover will be fast tracking my build due to various issues. Will post up feedback on the HUD once I take delivery. Might be a while yet despite my blind optimism!

2012-2014: Dynamic SD4 Auto Lux Coupe. Santorini Black, Style 7 20" Shadow wheels, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons, High Beam Assist, Solar Attenuating Glass and black Dynamic Plus pack. Sold back to Land Rover due to many build quality issues.
On order: Corris Grey Dynamic SD4 5 door, black contrast pan roof, blind spot indicators, Intelligence Pack, Head Up Display, Solar Glass, 825W Stereo and powered tailgate.
08-10-2014 10:16pm
XFullFatTim

LR only updates their configurators when there are major changes, because the HUD isn't on the configurator doesn't mean it is not yet available - always bear in mind that your dealer will have the most up to date spec sheets in Excel format, if you have a half decent dealer they will even let you have an electronic copy of the most recent pricelists and these also contain every possible congfiguration of colours, options and the standard specs per model. LR is well known for having less than than accurate onformation on their website despite this now being the most popular way for customers and potential customers to build the car that they would like and might even want to order. I don't think that they realise just how important it is today to have the website bang up to date. If you don't want to ask your dealer then drop Pete@LandRover who I'm sure will very quickly be able to tell you if something is or isn't available. Also bear in mind that there is a disclaimer on the configurator that it may not have the latest info or be totally correct.

Update - I have posted a query on the LRCS section asking Pete if he can update us on the availability of HUD and the other options for 2015MY. So please take a look on the Land Rover Customer Services section for any more info on price/ availablity of HUD

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2014 07:15am by XFullFatTim.)
09-10-2014 07:05am
XFullFatTim

Update 2 Pete has responded here, http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-2015MY-Options
HUD will be available for all of the world (except USA) December builds and from January for USA builds

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2014 09:35am by XFullFatTim.)
09-10-2014 09:34am
Devonian

For anyone considering added HUD as an option - have heard from the dealership today, you have to add solar glass as an option to be able to have HUD.

14-10-2014 07:33pm