Poll: Do you have a rattle or two?
I have 1 rattle
I have 2 rattles
I have more then 2 rattles
I had a rattle,but they fixed it.
I have NO rattles. (Complete silence)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Have you got a rattle or two?
Geezer71

I had an annoying rattle which sounded like it was right next to my head on the drivers side, after a few days managed to suss out it was the the slider for the seat belt height adjustment. Worked it up and down several times and now no noise.
Regards
Geezer

Black 2.2 SD4 panoramic roof, Lux pack, privacy glass 20 in alloys.
15-07-2013 11:39am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
B_o_b_o

RE: Have you got a rattle or two?

(15-07-2013 11:39am)Geezer71 Wrote:  I had an annoying rattle which sounded like it was right next to my head on the drivers side, after a few days managed to suss out it was the the slider for the seat belt height adjustment. Worked it up and down several times and now no noise.
Regards
Geezer

I have the same problem so will try as you suggest. I always used to think it was the window and the other day it happened despite having the window down a fraction. Thanks.
(This post was last modified: 27-09-2013 03:07pm by B_o_b_o.)
27-09-2013 03:06pm
Stadt Panzer

Has anyone had a rattle that seems to be coming from the back of the car?

If so I've got the solution. 😀

Somewhere in the North Sea.
27-09-2013 04:02pm
sciack

Tell us!
27-09-2013 07:32pm
doug

Just changed my vote to one rattle, coming from the front left hand door card. pulling on fake leather handle stops it for a while.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
27-09-2013 07:46pm
Stadt Panzer

My rattle was coming from the roof (rear) and I thought it was a problem with the panoramic roof blind. Anyways told the dealer and he took it out and traced the rattle to a tray like thing which holds the antennae, gps etc which hangs between the roof and the headlining. Car was in for the day, headlining was removed and the tray rails padded. Rattle gone! Perfect, was so happy that the dealer found it first time around.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
28-09-2013 08:51am
froddie

I'm just new on here. I'm sorry that so many of us have rattles, but glad to hear that it's not just ME!. I'm going to try your remedies and see how that goes. Thanks for the tips
28-09-2013 02:54pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

i think I'll be raising this at the factory in November - how come more than 2 years into production cars are still rolling off the line with rattles in the same places as those that rolled down the line as pre-production and early build cars - it seems that LR are doing very little to cure a build defect and leaving dealers to stick in bits of tape and foam when investigation of build practices is what is required.Maybe weight saving has been taken too far

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 28-09-2013 04:50pm by XFullFatTim.)
28-09-2013 04:50pm
smokeyhill

(17-03-2013 02:27am)benzina Wrote:  I ended up buying some ''Lanox'' spray lubricant which i am told is one of the best products of it's type,and because it's naturally based, is also totally safe to use on almost any surface including plastics,rubber etc etc.....
Here's a link to the product .. http://www.inox-mx3.com/product_detail.php?productID=3
I believe many of the Evoques that have perceived rattles , may be suffering from mere friction sounds of certain material surfaces slightly rubbing together around the cabin,such as door / window seals,and the center consul build joins like where the alloy beams meet plastic panels etc.
My right rear window friction rattle of window glass and rubber (see above), is the perfect example,and after some frustration trying to work out what and where it was ,it ended up being fixed so easily with a bit of lube.
So after the joy of fixing my rattle with such simplicity, i decided to go over all door and window seals,the gap where the A-pillar meets the dash top, plus in between the center consul join gap, where the alloy beems lay side by side with plastic panels.
This car was basically very quiet after i fixed the rear door friction rattle a few days ago, but after that easy friction fix, and knowing i still had the very occasional and intermittent buzz or ticking sounds coming from the friction of parts within and around the cabin.... i thought why not go over all the main culprits, and see if i can vanquish them once and for all ........ so far,soooo quiet!!!
This is something anyone can do as a first process of elimination.
Summary - anyone with a rattle or buzzes..... the simple friction of joining material surface's should never be underestimated.
I must say it is a testament to the Evoque on how nice and quite it is,and that it's also the reason we can hear anything that should not be there.
I developed a rattle very recently, in the passenger-side rear door card. Over rough roads it became a consistent if fairly quiet rattle from the door.
A read through of the other posts on this thread had me heading out to Halfords last night and buying some own brand silicon spray.
Spraying the rubber seals after an application and test drive showed no real effect, but once I spreayed between the different plastic trims the noise has disapeared.

Thanks for the advice guys! Very Happy

SD4 Pure, 5 door, White with Lunar interior, Fogs, Pano, Style 4 wheels, Mats, Auto lights and wipers.
(This post was last modified: 30-10-2013 12:13pm by smokeyhill.)
30-10-2013 12:10pm
harrydor

(26-01-2013 12:03pm)Wicksy Wrote:  I bottled the diy route and got the dealer to take a look, they have had it twice now and still the noise persists - I now have to book it in for the third time next week but will get a loaner this time round until it is hopefully solved.
Hi got my evoque earlier this year from Stratstone Newcastle know where your coming from go to Stratstone houghton stony gate you'll be surprised at the difference
30-10-2013 08:06pm