Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.33 Average
Has your build/delivery date been put back?
IKM

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back?

(09-11-2011 04:54pm)tetstb Wrote:  My dealer is still telling me it could come early December but a call to LR has told me its not even in the build plan until January and even then he says that could slip.

I'm contemplating telling them where to shove it and going back to the Germans.

Dealer say LR should provied courtesy car, LR say dealer should.

I have the distinct feeling that nobody gives a toss as they will sell mine when it eventually arrives anyway.

Bob, how easy was it for you to get an update direct from LR, as I also get the feeling that the dealers are working in the dark?

Thanks ... Ian

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
09-11-2011 10:02pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

(09-11-2011 07:55pm)paulus599 Wrote:  Well good luck with that! Regardless what Customer Services say, any courtesy car will come from your dealer and I've no doubt they will say that there are non available (I know mine and many more have). Is there anyone on here who has managed to get a courtesy car?

Well of course the leaked memo made it clear that the dealers were to provide the courtesy car and LR were sweetening the deal with preferential terms. However, like the first episode of a boring soap opera, we don't know what happened next. It's unlikely the dealers rolled over and said "OK, fine" but instead blew a collective raspberry at LR and told them to get lost.

I get the impression that build dates quoted for new orders are being very conservative - May/June currently, it seems - and you have to hope that the production SNAFUs have at least subsided by them to make things a bit more predictable.

In the meantime, the "sod 'em" attitude continues in Halewwod, Gaydon and the entire dealer network.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
10-11-2011 06:58am
griff

Picked my car up last night and as I arrived the dealer guys were coming out of a meeting with a LR rep.

LR are giving preferential terms to dealers in respect of courtesy cars but as the dealer pointed out if they don't have a courtesy car now to give to a client they are stuffed.

Now I have my car I can say Harwoods in Pulborough have been terrific. They provided me with a Freelander 2 from the 14th Oct until yesterday FOC and also gave me a flexible boot liner I ordered as a gift for all the trouble.

I think a lot of this is down to wealth of the dealer - they have to pay for their courtesy cars and whilst they may be cheaper than retail that still comes from profit which may not be there.

Cheers

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
10-11-2011 01:58pm
paulus599

I don't believe that is correct. According to my dealer they would have no problem in providing courtesy cars if they were available. As you say LR give them preferential terms, so they say that they could use them as courtesy cars for 3 or 5 months, then sell them on at a profit. The whole thing collapses though due to LR not having any spare capacity to provide the cars in the first place.
Good to hear that at least one dealer has managed to do the right thing though.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
10-11-2011 02:51pm
griff

I think that is what he meant by not having the cars to give. They can't get them into stock so it's catch 22

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof

At home and superb.
10-11-2011 03:35pm
PAT

(09-11-2011 02:55pm)ED209 Wrote:  So just to clarify no orders will move from the holding pool to confirmed orders until everything is sorted out?

This really doesnt sound too good. I was feeling more positive as well since my dealer told me that the next order call was "imminent"

I would expect that being in the holding pool would be classed as part of the back log as although they are not orders that have been placed with LR they relate to people like you and I who have paid a deposit a number of months ago.

Surely as existing orders are completed, other cars in the holding pool will drop in as capacity grows.

If my dealer tells me otherwise then I'd be annoyed to say the least!

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
10-11-2011 03:51pm
tetstb

Ian

I've only just heard my dealer today confess to the delays and he said they wouldnt be providing courtesy cars as they simply dont have them.

Landrover were very approachable and very helpful , I rang the 0870 5000500 number and a chap called me back, admitted the build was delayed and could be January but wouldnt commit to even that.

I've had it, this was my first LR/RR experience having had a string of Germans and I have decided to look elsewhere.

I have a delivery slot at Stratstone in Cupar for a fully loaded Dynamic SD4 in OG if anyone wants it or I will be cancelling tomorrow.

I needed this for winter so I wll now go and buy something cheap to see us through and probably end up with an M3 or S5 gerrie
toy instead.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2011 05:39pm by tetstb.)
10-11-2011 05:37pm
paulus599

(10-11-2011 03:35pm)griff Wrote:  I think that is what he meant by not having the cars to give. They can't get them into stock so it's catch 22

Yes I understand that, what I was saying is incorrect was - 'I think a lot of this is down to wealth of the dealer' - as explained to me the dealers would actually make a profit, so from their point of view it's all good. Except for that catch 22 anyway Confused

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
10-11-2011 05:57pm
griff

Either way it's FUBAR.
I feel just a tad guilty that i got mine yesterday but boy was it frustrating.

At home and superb.
10-11-2011 06:03pm
paulus599

(10-11-2011 06:03pm)griff Wrote:  Either way it's FUBAR.
I feel just a tad guilty that i got mine yesterday but boy was it frustrating.

And so you should! Laughing

10-11-2011 06:25pm