Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.33 Average
Has your build/delivery date been put back?
PhilSkill

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back?

Looks like the coupe's are on the move... twas my 4th delayed build date today for my 5dr, still no news Sad

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
09-11-2011 12:10am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

(08-11-2011 07:33pm)xxxx5 Wrote:  I have JLR customer services on the case now, as dealer princple doesnt return calls.

The dealers are great, aren't they?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
09-11-2011 09:09am
Wired

So what is the current delivery time? I am seeing people talk about arrival time but no idea when it was ordered.

I ordered mine 3 weeks ago and the dealer told me it would be here before the 20th Dec. That would make a delivery time of just over 2 months.

This is in Madrid, Spain and I was told extra effort was made to push as many out as possible before the year end because LL Spain had some bad sales numbers for the earlier part of the year. No surprise with the economic situation here.

Just to be complete, I ordered a 5d Prestige SD4 Automatic, with the glass roof, winter package (well it gets nippy even here) in Buckingham Blue. Spirit interior ( Tan/Ivory/Espresso Oxford Leather). Also some roof rails and adaptive Xeon lights.
09-11-2011 12:14pm
ED209

3 weeks ago and get before christmas? lucky spain lol

I was told a couple of days ago that if you order in the uk now you are looking at next june/july.
09-11-2011 12:33pm
KaDargo

Informed by my dealer yesterday order books now closed until the backlog is cleared (I was supposed to be in their Dec build slot, but no idea when my actual order will go in, although they have had 4K of my money !!)

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
09-11-2011 12:42pm
ED209

(09-11-2011 12:42pm)KaDargo Wrote:  Informed by my dealer yesterday order books now closed until the backlog is cleared (I was supposed to be in their Dec build slot, but no idea when my actual order will go in, although they have had 4K of my money !!)

So just to clarify no orders will move from the holding pool to confirmed orders until everything is sorted out?

This really doesnt sound too good. I was feeling more positive as well since my dealer told me that the next order call was "imminent"
09-11-2011 02:55pm
Urban Splash

I'm not big on defending dealers, but they don't control the order call. It would seem more sensible to me for LR to suspend overseas shipments and concentrate on domestic market. But they make more money shipping them overseas.....

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
09-11-2011 03:54pm
ED209

(09-11-2011 03:54pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  I'm not big on defending dealers, but they don't control the order call. It would seem more sensible to me for LR to suspend overseas shipments and concentrate on domestic market. But they make more money shipping them overseas.....

I wasnt slagging the dealer at all. I know they dont control order calls and that the factory has the power.

Heres a novel idea - the dealers supply JLR customer services the email addresses of all the people who have ordered cars. JLR then send them all a weekly bulletin giving the latest state of play/news on production/deliveries.

Might allay a few peoples concerns?
09-11-2011 04:03pm
tetstb

My dealer is still telling me it could come early December but a call to LR has told me its not even in the build plan until January and even then he says that could slip.

I'm contemplating telling them where to shove it and going back to the Germans.

Dealer say LR should provied courtesy car, LR say dealer should.

I have the distinct feeling that nobody gives a toss as they will sell mine when it eventually arrives anyway.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
09-11-2011 04:54pm
paulus599

(08-11-2011 07:33pm)xxxx5 Wrote:  I have JLR customer services on the case now, as dealer princple doesnt return calls. They have now found out my car might, I say might be built in Jan but unsure of exact date. I have told them to now hold the car until 1st March, and put me in a car from 1st Jan as my car will be sold. They are looking into the matter, and agree that it is unacceptable that I placed my deposit in March I won't have my car until Jan or Feb, but also accept that it shouldn't be registered in Feb.

Well good luck with that! Regardless what Customer Services say, any courtesy car will come from your dealer and I've no doubt they will say that there are non available (I know mine and many more have). Is there anyone on here who has managed to get a courtesy car?

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
09-11-2011 07:55pm