Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Handover experiences
Token

RE: Handover experiences

Mine was unique...yes, that's the word I'd use...a totally unique and surreal experience that I will remember forever! Credit to Stratstone for making it so memorable...short summary as follows:

- Got call to collect when on a Stag in Vegas
- So excited, drove straight from the Airport to the Dealership (not the airport in Vegas obviously!)
- Arrived at the Dealership only to be advised that my salesman had needed to pop out
- Not allowed an alternative salesman so was asked to wait
- Salesman arrived some time later and when he saw me he came over and seemed very excited
- He told me he'd not eaten yet which made me feel bad, I'd had no sleep for 4 days but he'd missed lunch
- He had been busy so he told me he was just going off to have his sandwich and then he'd be right back

I could go on but I probably don't need to...

To be fair, he did great...it was memorable and he correctly set my expectations for my future Stratstone delaership experience...

Ugh

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
17-07-2012 12:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vc

(17-07-2012 12:31pm)Token Wrote:  Mine was unique...yes, that's the word I'd use...a totally unique and surreal experience that I will remember forever! Credit to Stratstone for making it so memorable...short summary as follows:

- Got call to collect when on a Stag in Vegas
- So excited, drove straight from the Airport to the Dealership (not the airport in Vegas obviously!)
- Arrived at the Dealership only to be advised that my salesman had needed to pop out
- Not allowed an alternative salesman so was asked to wait
- Salesman arrived some time later and when he saw me he came over and seemed very excited
- He told me he'd not eaten yet which made me feel bad, I'd had no sleep for 4 days but he'd missed lunch
- He had been busy so he told me he was just going off to have his sandwich and then he'd be right back

I could go on but I probably don't need to...

To be fair, he did great...it was memorable and he correctly set my expectations for my future Stratstone delaership experience...

Ugh

That made me laugh Smile collecting mine 10.00 Friday so I'll be able to answer then Smile. The salesman has taken a few photos when she arrived and emailed them over today Smile

COLLECTED 20th July Very Happy
Ordered 4th April, built 6th July
Pure SD4 auto, Mauritius Blue fogs, signatures, tailgate, power fold mirrors, electric drivers seat,
cirrus/lunar, auto dim mirror, mats.
17-07-2012 06:17pm
colski1961

Mine was great, as previously detailed, dropped off car at my home the night before the new plate (1-03-12) and had a full tank of fuel, rubber mat in rear (FOC), mud flaps (FOC) and a LR Teddy Bear Smile all good and highly recommended (Macrae & Dick, Inverness). This after they'd let us take their demo car for 2 x weekend extended test drives.....plus a LR Experience day (in the Evoque). All good Smile

2012 62 Porsche Cayenne Diesel - Black (eveyday use)
2012 61 Porsche Cayman R PDK - Peridot Very Happy (for weekend joy)
2011 Landlegend Compact Tractor (for doing tractory types of things)

Gone :
2012 (1st March) Evoque S4D Lux pack - Firenze Red & Verve interior - traded Nov 12 - sorry folks Sad
17-07-2012 06:59pm
Kentboy

Paid for the car a couple of days prior as I thought it a large amount to work ok using my debit card but it was fine so on collection day we arrived and the car was in the showroom under a white sheet ready for the unveiling. Whipped the sheet off and then it took over an hour to go through every switch and knob when all I really wanted was the keys to drive it away. Having said that Jon was very thorough and it was a usefull hour. We didn't get anything for paying list price other than half a tank of fuel and a bunch of flowers for my wife. I have since asked for a set of mudflats and am hopeful of getting them fitted free of charge.

I wish I could take an order for £45,000 and get full list price and cash payment......if only.

Evoque Prestige SD4, Barolo Black contrast white roof, Ambiance Upholstery with Figured Macassar wood insert, Privecy glass, Lux Pack, 20" Style 6 Alloys, Spare Wheel. Ordered 10th March estimated completion date 6th July.
17-07-2012 07:37pm
ceebee

(17-07-2012 09:38am)ED209 Wrote:  Same dealer as me i would imagine.

Yip!

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
17-07-2012 07:48pm
Tysonboy

Wow, can't believe so many of you guys didn't get special treatment, on the day of my collection I did get a call asking me to arrive a 3 hrs later than planned, but found out later that this was so my free personalised gift from my salesman could arrive, a £35 evoque pen, also had 2 bottles of wine in a lovely presentation box, and like a couple of others the car was covered in a large white silk cover, with a placard welcoming me to picking the car up, salesman let me drive it out of the showroom, which I then noticed had 1/2 a tank of fuel, also had the mud flaps fitted for free and the RR lettering was also changed for free, then spent about 1 1/2 hrs going through the car and checking that I was happy with everything, thank you to Alvar from Guy Salmon, Bristol

Dynamic Coupe SD4, Red/Black interior, Orkney Grey, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Mud Flaps, Black RR Lettering
17-07-2012 08:42pm
Kimv

Handover experiences

On the other hand, all the freebies are nice but as I heard many people didn't get any discount. It's true that I didn't get a pen or teddy bear and I had to pay the 200€ mat but I got a 15% discount which is about 7.5k€ on a 50k€ car and in the end this is what made it possible for me to chose the car and options that i really wanted and HELL, I don't want no other man offering flowers to MY wife! And with 7.5k€ I'll buy her all the flowers she wants for the rest of our lives! If I got the choice, I'd go to the same dealer again.

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
(This post was last modified: 17-07-2012 08:58pm by Kimv.)
17-07-2012 08:54pm
Evo-king

brinv8 & Tysonboy you both seem to have hit the jackpot in terms of a memorable handover.

I couldn't complain about ours, no extras thrown in though apart from a rainy day, also the main story coming out of our dealership was that they were very busy. Same dealer as Token. To be honest in this current economic climate they should be grateful that they are busy, because if it weren't for the Evoque, they would get very little trade.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
17-07-2012 09:58pm
ytshome

Mine was a very low rent affair. Penny pinching at every turn but by far the worst was the catalogue of school-boy errors by the salesman, which ranged from forgetting to put on the tax disc ( had to drive back for it) to giving me three registration numbers, of which only one was right. And all of this was after them forgetting to complete a cherished transfer and putting my new car in my wife's details despite me telling them it was to go in my name.

When I'd drove the hundred miles home and realised that the number plate on the car wasn't the same as the tax disc and was different again to the number they'd given me to insure my car the best they could offer me was to mail me the correct plates and some sticky pads to stick them on myself.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
17-07-2012 11:31pm
Kentboy

(17-07-2012 07:37pm)Kentboy Wrote:  Paid for the car a couple of days prior as I thought it a large amount to work ok using my debit card but it was fine so on collection day we arrived and the car was in the showroom under a white sheet ready for the unveiling. Whipped the sheet off and then it took over an hour to go through every switch and knob when all I really wanted was the keys to drive it away. Having said that Jon was very thorough and it was a usefull hour. We didn't get anything for paying list price other than half a tank of fuel and a bunch of flowers for my wife. I have since asked for a set of mudflats and am hopeful of getting them fitted free of charge.

I wish I could take an order for £45,000 and get full list price and cash payment......if only.

I have since said I wish I had put mudflaps on and the sales guy sent me a note saying "book it in for those mud flaps" which I read as FOC but nope they were £250, after some discussion he dropped it to £177 so I reluctantly accepted I would have to pay for it. The girl on the service desk was aware I was unhappy and she phoned me back after speaking to the Dealer Principle and got them free of charge for me. So the guy that sold me the car and earned commission on me could do next to nothing but a girl on the service reception sorted it for me. I will get my car serviced there but who knows where I will buy my next car!!

Evoque Prestige SD4, Barolo Black contrast white roof, Ambiance Upholstery with Figured Macassar wood insert, Privecy glass, Lux Pack, 20" Style 6 Alloys, Spare Wheel. Ordered 10th March estimated completion date 6th July.
(This post was last modified: 20-07-2012 04:06pm by Kentboy.)
20-07-2012 03:41pm