Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque sold - My final thoughts
mark_n

RE: Evoque sold - My final thoughts

Gosh, surprised that you think the Evoque out handles the new RRS. I'm moving to the RRS in the hope the active anti-roll bars which tame the lean on corners. It might be a message to the driver to back off but I do like a more neutral cornering stance.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
16-01-2014 03:53pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Montys4x4

Fear not Mark, up until July 13 you could buy a RRS SDV6 Autobiography which although interesting that you thought I had the latest 2014 RRS it is sadly not the case, it being the last model of the "old" style for which I saved £11K on the list price as LR wanted them shifted from the dealers to make way for the new RRS. I have driven the new RRS and it truly is magnificent on the road and off road. It does feel very very wide though on country lanes when you have another 4x4 coming towards you. So to quantify the Evoque out handles the old style RRS even if its a hybrid using most of the running gear and electronics of the new RRS.
Enjoy your new new RRS and watch them mirror housings
Paul

Andrea and Paul

Ultimate Collection continues

Hers '2015 Dynamic SD4Auto Black Option Firenze and Santorini'
A year of good service and traded - Pure Tech Coupe SD4 Auto, Pano Orkney Grey

His ' 2012 FFRR Westminster 4.4 TDV8 Baltic Blue'
18 Months of little use and traded - '13' RRS SDV6 Autobiography Black (because we were driving the Evoque everywhere!)
16-01-2014 04:33pm
mark_n

Thank you, I will. I'm slightly nervous about the length of the thing as well...

Mark

16-01-2014 07:40pm
Craig_d1

(16-01-2014 07:40pm)mark_n Wrote:  Thank you, I will. I'm slightly nervous about the length of the thing as well...

Test drove one recently and even coming from a D4, the car felt wide. Though I'd lose a wing mirror crossing Eversley Bridge when a truck came at me from the other direction. Length didn't bother me. Must admit car felt special, you won't be disappointed I think!
17-01-2014 12:06am
mark_n

(17-01-2014 12:06am)Craig_d1 Wrote:  Test drove one recently and even coming from a D4, the car felt wide. Though I'd lose a wing mirror crossing Eversley Bridge when a truck came at me from the other direction. Length didn't bother me. Must admit car felt special, you won't be disappointed I think!

Thank you, yes, it's 5 inches wider than the Evoque, 7 inches higher and 18 inches longer; each of those doesn't seem much in itself but park the two side by side and the Evoque is dwarfed. Surprisingly, for us Evoque coupe owners with the long doors, ease of access is not as good in the RRS.

My hope is that the car will deliver the same feel-good factor the Evoque has. It's a pity there are examples of bad experiences, difficult to know how widespread, but once I'd actually got my car, it's been great.

Mark

17-01-2014 06:42am
Craig_d1

(17-01-2014 06:42am)mark_n Wrote:  Thank you, yes, it's 5 inches wider than the Evoque, 7 inches higher and 18 inches longer; each of those doesn't seem much in itself but park the two side by side and the Evoque is dwarfed. Surprisingly, for us Evoque coupe owners with the long doors, ease of access is not as good in the RRS.

My hope is that the car will deliver the same feel-good factor the Evoque has. It's a pity there are examples of bad experiences, difficult to know how widespread, but once I'd actually got my car, it's been great.

One would hope a 5 ltr supercharged would put a smile on your face. There aren't that many cars of that size that can fire you into the distance that quicklyShocked
17-01-2014 02:32pm