babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Evoque sold - My final thoughts - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Evoque sold - My final thoughts (/Thread-Evoque-sold-My-final-thoughts)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Evoque sold - My final thoughts - Urban Splash - 14-12-2013 07:40pm

Hi All,

After a year and a half, my Evoque has been sold. Just thought I would share my experience. I have sold it as I'm getting a company car.

Good
Snow! It was really good in the snow last year
Bling puddle lamps. Cool
Looks, I think is looks cool still.....although the interior is not the best
Bluetooth streaming from my phone. Worked really well
Nice seats. I love a contrast stitch!
Pano roof was nice

Bad
Build quality. A few rattles
Harsh ride. I had 20" shadow chrome and no fancy suspension. It really crashed over bumps
4 visits from Land Rover Assist. 1 for failed gearbox. 3 for fuel filter. Fuel filter replaced twice. LR man kept blaming fuel in the North East.
Teeny tiny sat nav screen. Old Skool type touch screen
Fuel economy. Never ever ever ever had over 31mpg.
£200 to tax this year. Really!!! lol
Slow.....so slow pulling out of junctions
Auto box. Just awful. As bad as the 7 speed merc hire car I currently have

Observations
I see loads around now. Must be at least 10 in my village. I think this is a problem for LR and the RR brand. Why would you buy a decent spec Freelander when you could have an Evoque. No exclusivity in owning a RR. Controversial comment, but its just my opinion.

I see mostly Pure spec. Then Dynamic. Very few Prestige. Maybe mostly seeing Pure adds weight to my comment above.

Anyway, I have a 420d Xdrive coming on Christmas Eve Eve. A bit different. Hopefully ok in the snow still.

Great forum....all the best....

RE: Evoque sold - My final thoughts - mark_n - 14-12-2013 07:58pm

And you think there's exclusivity in driving a BMW? They are everywhere...

RE: Evoque sold - My final thoughts - jojosr - 14-12-2013 08:09pm

+ point mark Smile

RE: Evoque sold - My final thoughts - PAT - 14-12-2013 08:29pm

Always interesting to read fellow owners thoughts on their experiences.

Good luck with your new set of wheels.

RE: Evoque sold - My final thoughts - Devonian - 14-12-2013 08:38pm

I definitely agree that there is a big difference in ride quality when you move up to the 20" wheels. I had a pure courtesy car and it seemed very much softer and smoother than my Dynamic. I'm ok with that but I can imagine it being an issue for some.

RE: Evoque sold - My final thoughts - IKM - 14-12-2013 08:44pm

Good luck Urban Splash and thanks for your parting review.

RE: Evoque sold - My final thoughts - J77 - 15-12-2013 12:40am

There is exclusivity in owning a Range Rover just not an Evoque, it's a Range Rover for the masses.

It's a fantastic car and I loved every minute with mine but I would like to see a bit more Range Rover in it and a bit less Freelander. I would have one again, in fact, I asked if LR would do me a coupé commercial from the factory, which would be ideal for my dogs, but they can't accomadate special orders at the moment.

RE: Evoque sold - My final thoughts - Urban Splash - 15-12-2013 12:42am

Well... No actually Mark. I've not mentioned the exclusivity or lack thereof of BMW. I merely gave my thoughts on the RR brand.

RE: Evoque sold - My final thoughts - BFGEvoqueMan - 15-12-2013 08:56am

(14-12-2013 07:40pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  Anyway, I have a 420d Xdrive coming on Christmas Eve Eve. A bit different. Hopefully ok in the snow still.

Great forum....all the best....

If you have winter tyres there will be no difference; no winter tyres then no grip so no go in the snowConfusedConfused

RE: Evoque sold - My final thoughts - The Valeter - 15-12-2013 01:14pm

(14-12-2013 07:58pm)mark_n Wrote:  And you think there's exclusivity in driving a BMW? They are everywhere...

They are what Ford were up to around 10Years ago = on every street corner but at least some Ford's had a character!

(14-12-2013 08:38pm)Devonian Wrote:  I definitely agree that there is a big difference in ride quality when you move up to the 20" wheels. I had a pure courtesy car and it seemed very much softer and smoother than my Dynamic. I'm ok with that but I can imagine it being an issue for some.

I mentioned the wheel size when I bought my Dynamic as in I sugested to the salesman I may fit 19" wheels to it but he said the car was set up & designed around the 20" wheel so by deviating from this it will impeer the handling. Not sure whether that was Dynamic only or all Evoque but I would suspect he meant all.
I also notice the majority are Pure's & Dynamic's.