Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque sold - My final thoughts
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Evoque sold - My final thoughts

J, if you are serious then contact Lakeland Land Rover, for years they have been ahead of the factory
at converting FFRR's, RRS's, D3's and Freelanders into commercials - their D3 commercial was so succesful for them that LR decided to make an official version! Over on RRSport.co.uk we have two members in the Aberdeen area who had RRS commercials - one a supercharged white van RRS! Also up there was a guy involved in the North Sea communication industry who had first a D3 commercial then had his Vogue SE L322 FFRR delivered
as a commercial - both from Lakeland. They gave him all the interior trim so that when he wanted to sell them on
he could refit the interior. The FFRR of his I saw was beautifully lined with ply and instead of the normal tints of the privacy glass they fitted full blacked out rear windows IIRC, so it still looked like a FFRR just one with heavier than normal tints.

(15-12-2013 12:40am)J77 Wrote:  There is exclusivity in owning a Range Rover just not an Evoque, it's a Range Rover for the masses.

It's a fantastic car and I loved every minute with mine but I would like to see a bit more Range Rover in it and a bit less Freelander. I would have one again, in fact, I asked if LR would do me a coupé commercial from the factory, which would be ideal for my dogs, but they can't accomadate special orders at the moment.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
15-12-2013 04:36pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BFGEvoqueMan

(15-12-2013 12:40am)J77 Wrote:  There is exclusivity in owning a Range Rover just not an Evoque, it's a Range Rover for the masses.

It's a fantastic car and I loved every minute with mine but I would like to see a bit more Range Rover in it and a bit less Freelander. I would have one again, in fact, I asked if LR would do me a coupé commercial from the factory, which would be ideal for my dogs, but they can't accomadate special orders at the moment.

You can get one in Denmark and Norway (have seen several on my travels due to their different reg plates). Might be worth speaking to the importer to see how they do it/if they could send you the parts. Being Danemark they all speak English so might be worth a punt QuestionQuestionQuestionQuestion

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
15-12-2013 08:22pm
J77

Cheers guys, will look into it over the course of next year, you never know I might be back with something a bit special.

Apologies Urban Splash for hijacking your thread.

EDIT - just checked Nene Overland and they are taking orders for Evoque commercials with a 4 month lead time.

When I had my Evoque I missed the high driving position of the Fl2, now I have it, I miss the more sporty drive from the Evoque Rolling Eyes the grass is always greener on the other side.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 16-12-2013 12:01am by J77.)
15-12-2013 11:49pm
WB
WB

(15-12-2013 01:14pm)The Valeter Wrote:  They are what Ford were up to around 10Years ago = on every street corner but at least some Ford's had a character!

I mentioned the wheel size when I bought my Dynamic as in I sugested to the salesman I may fit 19" wheels to it but he said the car was set up & designed around the 20" wheel so by deviating from this it will impeer the handling. Not sure whether that was Dynamic only or all Evoque but I would suspect he meant all.
I also notice the majority are Pure's & Dynamic's.

What a load of nonsense. If that was the case they wouldn't have fitted all the press cars on release with 19" wheels! Including the AD cars!!
18-12-2013 10:21am
PhilSkill

(18-12-2013 10:21am)WB Wrote:  What a load of nonsense. If that was the case they wouldn't have fitted all the press cars on release with 19" wheels! Including the AD cars!!

+1, Salesman's tosh.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
18-12-2013 01:17pm
Stadt Panzer

(18-12-2013 10:21am)WB Wrote:  What a load of nonsense. If that was the case they wouldn't have fitted all the press cars on release with 19" wheels! Including the AD cars!!

19" is the standard size of wheel for the Evoque in Germany no matter which one you have.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
18-12-2013 05:51pm
BFGEvoqueMan

(18-12-2013 05:51pm)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  19" is the standard size of wheel for the Evoque in Germany no matter which one you have.

Standard Eu spec is 17" on Pure with 19" for Prestige and Dynamic and no AD.

I had 20" on my Pure and have them on my Dynamic (with AD) and hand on heart I can say the difference between the two suspension set ups (with AD in standard comfort mode) is negligible. AD kicks in when you switch to sport (which I prefer for making the steering feel heavier).

- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
18-12-2013 09:11pm
Stadt Panzer

Never checked the pure!

Somewhere in the North Sea.
18-12-2013 09:53pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

On AD equipped cars it operates all the time, you cannot switch it off. By selecting the Dynamic mode in a Dynamic (and I assume a Prestige auto with AD optioned) then the program changes the speed of reaction/ sensing of the road surface which gives the impression of a firmer ride by adjusting the Magneride dampers, AD also adjusts the Electronic Power Steering settings to give more "weight" to the steering in Dynamic mode. Personnally I have never noticed much difference between "normal" and Dynamic settings except on one section of the M40 south of Oxford where there is a section of concrete with transverse ridges and the AD got confused and really firmed up the suspension to and uncomfortably hard level. I ended up switching it off to reset it and after selecting it again it was much better

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
19-12-2013 12:30pm
BFGEvoqueMan

(19-12-2013 12:30pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  except on one section of the M40 south of Oxford where there is a section of concrete with transverse ridges and the AD got confused and really firmed up the suspension to and uncomfortably hard level. I ended up switching it off to reset it and after selecting it again it was much better

Have to agree it can get a bit confused some time, there are some roads where I live that make it go mad. Makes a big difference to the feeling of security when towing my caravn though.

I also agree about it not making much difference on the motorway, but when going at normal German authobahn speed (say 140kph +) then it does make the world of difference, especially around some of those big bends.......Twisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted Evil

19-12-2013 03:03pm