Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Halewood the truth
mark_n

RE: Halewood the truth

I agree, but I am upgrading from a 3GS and the feature I'm looking forward to is the improved antenna dewing which should make it a better phone. Sadly, for all their abilities, Apple do not appear to have the radio expertise of the likes of Ericsson.

Besides, the upgrade costs less than a set of Evoque roof rails...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
14-10-2011 05:30pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evoqess

The Evoque is the iPhone of the car world, please discuss. Surprised
Ok, I'll start. It's fresh, the styling is exquisite, waiting lists are a given, everyone wants one.... Um, it might not always work as expected but the overall package will make up for any deficiencies hehe

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
(This post was last modified: 14-10-2011 07:06pm by Evoqess.)
14-10-2011 07:03pm
hybris

Ha ha ha! Less than the Evoque roof rails! Funny! Wink

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
14-10-2011 08:14pm
Blackseries

(14-10-2011 07:03pm)Evoqess Wrote:  The Evoque is the iPhone of the car world, please discuss. Surprised
Ok, I'll start. It's fresh, the styling is exquisite, waiting lists are a given, everyone wants one.... Um, it might not always work as expected but the overall package will make up for any deficiencies hehe

Why its NOT like an iphone.....
It won't only run on LR ipetrol (you can buy your petrol anywhere without paying LR royalties for it) and every time you want to drive somewhere off the beaten track you don't need to ask LR's permission!

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
14-10-2011 08:27pm
berlin2011

Why it's like an iPhone.....

1. Gazillion pre-orders

2. Inability to meet demand leading to delays in getting product into customers hands

3. Configuration limited to what producer allows (no Dynamic outside, Prestige inside anyone)

4. The customer invariably knows more about the product than the salesman

5. The producer will also markets ridiculously expensive accessories

But most imprortantly they are alike because despite all the issues, it's worth it!

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
14-10-2011 08:34pm
hybris

Well an iPhone is not that 2011. I have two but currently use my Windows Phone 7.5 (mango) much more. Not as many apps buy so much better user interface. Love that phone! Its a Samsung Omnia 7. But waiting for Nokia to release something on the same platform. iPhone 4s is a true disappointment. Same thing with iOS 5. They need to shape up!

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
14-10-2011 08:47pm
Spiderman

Try a Samsung Gallaxy, good phones!

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
14-10-2011 10:28pm
npinks

I was at halewood doing a tour today with 12 freel2 members, about 4 evoque to a freelander coming off production line, though the line wasn't running anywhere near full speed, like it apparently was prelaunch

fascinating day watching it all get put together, worth putting an Event together on here if your into that sort of thing

Freelander 2 HSE in Alaska White and a caravan to match
14-10-2011 11:32pm
PhilSkill

(14-10-2011 11:32pm)npinks Wrote:  I was at halewood doing a tour today with 12 freel2 members, about 4 evoque to a freelander coming off production line, though the line wasn't running anywhere near full speed, like it apparently was prelaunch

fascinating day watching it all get put together, worth putting an Event together on here if your into that sort of thing

Good to hear actual info from inside Halewood, thanks! At least the line is running and Evoques are being made. I think Tim is on the case for a babyrr visit

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
14-10-2011 11:40pm
npinks

We got it for £50, with lunch, tour, coffee and then a trip in a d4 around the expeience, with a show of what the FL2 can do with us all stood watching

Might be able to do a show with the evoque

Freelander 2 HSE in Alaska White and a caravan to match
14-10-2011 11:44pm