Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HAVANA
Evo-king

RE: HAVANA

On a sunny day back in October, my wife and I looked at Barolo & Havana samples against an Orkney Grey in the showroom, then took the samples outside and put alongside an Orkney Grey Prestige.

We chose Barolo because of the bronze/red tones in the paint.

Havana reminded us of an Audi we had which was a Metallic Silver but was more Purple/Lilac.

What was clear, was that Havana was somewhere between Orkney and Stornoway Grey.

Land Rover have not made it easy for customers to make a colour choice, because they all look good.

Incidently, we had a call to visit the dealers to have a look at a Barolo Freelander yesterday, OK the light was not good, it really is a good black, but was not able to really see the true benefit of the metallic flecks.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
05-02-2012 10:02pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MartinP

That's interesting Evo as I selected Havana because of the bronze hues and when I was wandering around the dealers car park I did not get any purple or lilac tones. I'm now wondering if I was looking at the correct plaque!
This has started me thinking and I have looked into it a bit more and I think the Premium colours (Barolo and Havana) probably have iridescent pigments in them. I am not an expert in this field and the following explains what these are.
"Iridescence (also known as goniochromism) is generally known as the property of certain surfaces that appear to change color as the angle of view or the angle of illumination changes."
and
"Iridescence is an optical phenomenon of surfaces in which hue changes in correspondence with the angle from which a surface is viewed."
So there we go....that's what you get for your extra money!

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2012 01:37pm by MartinP.)
06-02-2012 01:23pm
Evo-king

Oh trust me, this topic has been discussed at length on this forum, with similar comments made by other forum members saying the same as you just did.

I deliberately went back to the dealer to check, and I maintain having gone through this with the salesman, Barolo is a Black and Havana is a Grey.

Pop in to your dealers again.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
06-02-2012 10:16pm
MartinP

I'm sure it has but I guess I'm a little bit nervous spending all this dosh on a car with a colour that I am not certain about. I just need to hold my nerve and wait for one to arrive at a dealers so I can see it in the flesh.
I know that Barolo is black it's more a case of what Havana is!

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
07-02-2012 09:12am
Evo-king

(07-02-2012 09:12am)MartinP Wrote:  I'm sure it has but I guess I'm a little bit nervous spending all this dosh on a car with a colour that I am not certain about. I just need to hold my nerve and wait for one to arrive at a dealers so I can see it in the flesh.
I know that Barolo is black it's more a case of what Havana is!

Have a look at these links.

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Anyone-se...ght=havana

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Collectio...ght=havana

(This post was last modified: 07-02-2012 09:27am by Evo-king.)
07-02-2012 09:23am
Craig_d1

What was clear, was that Havana was somewhere between Orkney and Stornoway Grey.

Land Rover have not made it easy for customers to make a colour choice, because they all look good.

Agreed, they all look good, and for me, that's why didn't consider a premium colour. already paying £550 for metallic so premium metallic at £1050 is looking expensive, esp. when the standard metallic's look so good.
I'm not saying Baroloa or Havana aren't good(personal choice of course), but I'd much rather put the money to a pano roof or other goodie, and don't think premium metallic will matter one jot come resale time
07-02-2012 12:22pm
LDT

I think as the colours would be relatively rare, they would be snapped up on re-sale and in all liklihood fetch a premium.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
07-02-2012 12:38pm
MartinP

Thanks Evo, Craig, LDT.......Not too worried about resale values just yet, just want a couple of years driving around with a big smile on my face first!

07-02-2012 01:46pm
swabes

Wow. Complementary comment about Havana/Ambiance combination here:
http://zh-tw.facebook.com/note.php?note_...9219863438

"Another favourite colour is Havana. It is an elegant, luxurious colour that compliments the classic Espresso and Ivory crafted Range Rover interior - Ambiance Pack. The contemporary twist when the colour flops from dark rich brown through to cool blue grey brings the colour bang up to date, making it the perfect choice for the trend setting Range Rover Evoque.

-Mel McWhirter, Principle Color Designer at Land Rover "

Ordered 5-2-12 - Collected 23-5-2012
5 door Prestige SD4 Lux in Havana/Ambiance, AD, S6 wheels, Spare wheel
Current: FL Sport, 2 Fiat 500s, MX-5
[Image: 130338.png]
11-02-2012 05:15pm
MartinP

Blimey.....I didn't realise I had such good taste!!!

11-02-2012 06:20pm