(18-11-2011 09:03am)RacingSnake Wrote:  Christmas shutdown I suspect

Forgot some people get time off at Xmas Sad

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
18-11-2011 10:02am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mywillia

RE: Got the call I've been waiting for

(18-11-2011 01:12am)DaveR Wrote:  Build date 16th Dec 2011 Delivery Date 19 Jan 2012

Exact same dates as mine Mark

Lets hope they don't get them mixed up in the rush to deliver carsLaughing
We've done the greys and silvers to death, so it's time for a change with the red.
Orkney Grey does look good though on the Prestige.

(18-11-2011 09:01am)doug Wrote:  Very strange, build to showroom should only take around 10 days

Factory complete date per order is showing as 12 Jan 2012.
Whilst looking at the calendar I noticed that the 16th is a Friday with four weeks to 12th Jan. There must therefore be a two week shutdown during that time.

That means I'm going to get a Friday built car and one that's been sat on the production line over the Christmas period. Not a fantastic combination but at least I'll get my Evoque.

Delivered:-
Firenze Red Dynamic SD4 Coupe Manual with Lux pack
Verve Leather
20" Shadow Chrome Alloys
Privacy Glass
Heated Steering Wheel
(This post was last modified: 18-11-2011 05:08pm by mywillia.)
18-11-2011 04:17pm
mywillia

I made enquiries today with Halewood to see if I could do a factory visit whilst my car was in production. Danielle at the experience center was extremely helpful and went of to check with the production side on timings for my build.

She came back quickly with the answer that mine goes to build tomorrow and will be "off the line" on Thursday but unfortunately all of the factory visit slots are fully booked until next week. Oh well, looks like I left the planning of a factory visit too late, but at least there's hope I might get my car before the end of the year.

Verve Leather
20" Shadow Chrome Alloys
Privacy Glass
Heated Steering Wheel
13-12-2011 05:56pm
Gren

(13-12-2011 05:56pm)mywillia Wrote:  I made enquiries today with Halewood to see if I could do a factory visit whilst my car was in production. Danielle at the experience center was extremely helpful and went of to check with the production side on timings for my build.

She came back quickly with the answer that mine goes to build tomorrow and will be "off the line" on Thursday but unfortunately all of the factory visit slots are fully booked until next week. Oh well, looks like I left the planning of a factory visit too late, but at least there's hope I might get my car before the end of the year.

Just got our call today. Delivery on 27th of January - 2 months earlier than we were expecting after placing an order in September. Apparently, the coupes are being delivered ahead of initial timescales.

So the missus will have a spangly Orkney grey Prestige coupe perfectly in time for me to call it her birthday present!
15-12-2011 03:38pm
ED209

(15-12-2011 03:38pm)Gren Wrote:  Just got our call today. Delivery on 27th of January - 2 months earlier than we were expecting after placing an order in September. Apparently, the coupes are being delivered ahead of initial timescales.

So the missus will have a spangly Orkney grey Prestige coupe perfectly in time for me to call it her birthday present!

So are you part of your dealers december car allocation then??

I cant believe i keep reading about people getting delivery dates when they paid a deposit months after me ! I still have no idea.
15-12-2011 03:59pm
Gren

(15-12-2011 03:59pm)ED209 Wrote:  So are you part of your dealers december car allocation then??

I cant believe i keep reading about people getting delivery dates when they paid a deposit months after me ! I still have no idea.

Not sure, just got a call from my wife who's just got the delivery date. Will ask her tonight if she got a build date. She did mention that apparently some cars were getting put back to September because of the xenon issue. Not sure how true it is but nothing would surprise me.

Will be 4 months almost to the day from order to delivery as we had to wait a little for a test drive before we commited.
15-12-2011 04:14pm
mywillia

ED209, i do sympathise with you, i find this whole dealer allocation, holding pool, order call stuff utterly bonkers. The fact that someone can walk into a dealership and get a near instant build slot because that dealer hasn't sold all their allocation is mad.
What's wrong with a strictly first come first served basis for sold vehicles with no allocation limit? At least that way everyone in the world world would know their place in the queue.
It would also level the playing field between the big chains who probably pool their allocation and the small independants who would love to be able to sell more but can't because they're restricted by small allocations.

I guess I fell lucky with the chosen dealership but by the sound of it you picked a dealership with a massive order book for Evoques.

I'm excited at the prospect that I might get mine before Xmas but I feel sorry for those that placed their orders earlier and are still waiting. The current process just isn't cricket!

Verve Leather
20" Shadow Chrome Alloys
Privacy Glass
Heated Steering Wheel
(This post was last modified: 15-12-2011 04:53pm by mywillia.)
15-12-2011 04:52pm
xxxx5

(15-12-2011 03:59pm)ED209 Wrote:  So are you part of your dealers december car allocation then??

I agree, I ordered my RRE in March, and only just heard that I am likely to get my car in mid Jan. I get really p$$ed off when I see people say they ordered Sept / Oct and I have or getting there car before Xmas.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
(This post was last modified: 15-12-2011 07:03pm by xxxx5.)
15-12-2011 04:55pm
KaDargo

I got the call on Tuesday, but turned the car down - it was for a Jan build slot, but the Cirrus headlining isn't available till Feb build slots, which the dealer has said should be open within the next week or two, then the order can be commited, and I will still be on for delivery by 1st March Thumbs Up

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
15-12-2011 05:06pm
mywillia

Just taken a call from my dealer. The car is available for call off (and has been called off) and will hopefully be here sometime next week. Apparently today was also the last day they could call off vehicles before the Christmas shutdown.

I can't wait, fingers crossed now I can pick it up Thursday or Friday next week. Happy Days Very Happy

Verve Leather
20" Shadow Chrome Alloys
Privacy Glass
Heated Steering Wheel
16-12-2011 08:46pm