Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
GET KEYLESS ENTRY!!!!!!
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: GET KEYLESS ENTRY!!!!!!

You can still use the emergency key in the shiney bit of the fob if you have to unlock the car when the main battery is flat - so you won't be needing the fob to start the car anyway in that case. The fob battery isn't of the rechargable sort and is part of the 2nd or 3rd year service program IIRC, so the dealer service bay takes both your key fobs to replace the batteries and he then has to reprogramme them, all at extra cost I'm pretty sure!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
30-11-2011 09:24am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WorldTraveler

(29-11-2011 12:18am)Grah Wrote:  Sorry to hear that.

Why not unlock the car with the remote, put it in your pocket, then climb in and drive off?

Rolling with Laughter And Brains tooo ?

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
(This post was last modified: 30-11-2011 08:34pm by WorldTraveler.)
30-11-2011 08:34pm
Urban Splash

(29-11-2011 11:42pm)V8M3 Wrote:  Urban, can the Evoque be started with a flat key? I don't know.

Other point, it would solve the problem for all the people who do not know what to do with the key Smile

Aye.....there is an contingency available....

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
30-11-2011 10:31pm
Grah

(29-11-2011 01:29am)pimbrokken Wrote:  I don't know... It just doesn't work for me. I have about 10 keys and a key cord. In my FL2 I would insert the key and drop the keycord over my steering column.
- In my pocket 10 keys don't feel really comfy
- it is really the only thing that is annoying.
- It might sound like I am whining about a small thing, but is really getting me angry.

And indeed. If the key is in my pocket and someone else driving and I get out of the car. That person can drive away, but never start the car again. Also very very strange.

I do sympathize - it is a bit odd!
30-11-2011 10:47pm
pimbrokken

Thank you all for your hilarious comments and replies. I fell off my chair laughing.

From today I will smile everytime I see a RRE-key and think of all your replies. I really love the fact that I did not order Keyless Entry, because if I did I would have missed this forum-thread.

ThanksLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
01-12-2011 02:43am
vinda

I have keyless and it's the best option in my opinion. Key stays in my pocket at all times. Easy in, easy out!
01-12-2011 12:03pm