Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Front springs! Help requested..
Farmer Chalk

Front springs! Help requested..

Wife’s Dynamic has had the misfortune of snapping the front nearside spring due to the nightmare potholes around the area.. car not driveable due to the remains of the spring twisting sideways and rubbing on the chassis and likely to rip out the brake lines if driven..

My question to anyone who may have done this job is : is it possible to leave the driveshaft and hub in situ and just pull the strut out of its mounting in the hub or do I have to remove everything and release the ball joints of the track control arms and withdraw the driveshaft to remove the full strut?

Going to have to do the job on my driveway this weekend and I am just trying to work out the best process!

Regards to all…

Regards FC
02-03-2023 08:36pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Farmer Chalk

RE: Front springs! Help requested..

An answer for all those who may come across this thread in the future… yes it is.. you can remove the bolt at the back of the hub and then carefully drift the hub off .. more awkward putting it back on especially if you’ve got a dynamic which has wires coming out of the bottom of the shock..
Good luck to all those who try it!
05-03-2023 12:56am
redrovor

RE: Front springs! Help requested..

I just replaced right front on mine, when you do it1. you should spray some sort of wd-40 type lube on all the bolts and nuts as well as the axle splines and nut 2. you need to replace the bolts. They are torque to yield and should only be used once. I did mine on a lift in my back garage and it took like 2 hours. youtube is your friend!
05-03-2023 06:30pm