Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
How do I know if I have an auxilary battery or not?
RoveOver

How do I know if I have an auxilary battery or not?

I can't find the auxiliary battery in my 2016 Range Rover Evoque HSE, beginning to think there is none. I looked under the glove box behind the 3-clip plastic panel to no avail as well as the well next to the main battery under the hood. The dash message I'm getting is, "battery low start engine" as soon as I get in or right after turning off. It does have the start stop gas saving feature at a red light. It starts right up but do have to keep it running to open the rear hatch. My OEM battery is only 3 years old and did 16k around town miles, no mods, temperature-controlled garage kept.

Thanks in advance for your help!
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2023 02:59am by RoveOver.)
02-11-2023 10:09pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: How do I know if I have an auxilary battery or not?

I thought the Aux battery was for autos around 2013-15.. Yours in the ingenium engine so probably doesnt have it.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
08-11-2023 12:12pm
RoveOver

Thanks so much! My auto stop start quit working (my main battery is good) so thought their may be an aux battery. I guess even if there had been one, I don't think I'd replace it at this point because I actually hated that start stop feature because it's default is set to always be ON and I had to remember each drive to turn it off so maybe this was a blessing.
08-11-2023 04:32pm
Greg99

(08-11-2023 12:12pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  I thought the Aux battery was for autos around 2013-15.. Yours in the ingenium engine so probably doesnt have it.
In the USA the 2016 still have the ecoboost engines.

(02-11-2023 10:09pm)RoveOver Wrote:  I can't find the auxiliary battery in my 2016 Range Rover Evoque HSE, beginning to think there is none. I looked under the glove box behind the 3-clip plastic panel to no avail as well as the well next to the main battery under the hood. The dash message I'm getting is, "battery low start engine" as soon as I get in or right after turning off. It does have the start stop gas saving feature at a red light. It starts right up but do have to keep it running to open the rear hatch. My OEM battery is only 3 years old and did 16k around town miles, no mods, temperature-controlled garage kept.

Thanks in advance for your help!
If you have an auxiliary battery it would be located right next to the main battery, towards the center of the car under the cowl.

The service manual indicates that 2016 models with auto start/stop have an auxiliary battery, but mine does not. The auto start/stop function is very particular about main battery voltage/health reported by the BMS.

2016 HSE 2.0 GTDIS PETROL 5DR
(This post was last modified: 15-11-2023 04:36pm by Greg99.)
15-11-2023 04:26pm