Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Freelander Advice Required.
xxxx5

Freelander Advice Required.

Hi guys, I have a friend looking to buy a second hand Freelander2 TD4 HSE 2010 plate (1st reg. may'10) 54k on the clock 2 previous owners with full main dealer service history in excellent condition.
Asking price is £20,500 fixed price, no trade in, from a local dealer, (not Landrover). A couple of questions from you guys in the know:

Is this a good price I note it is a top spec HSE?
Is there any known / common faults to look out for?

Help and advice much appreciated.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
04-03-2013 08:40am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Freelander Advice Required.

Best place for Freely2 advice is our sister forum http://www.freel2.com. There are a few members from there who are regulars here and there a few members here who also own a Freelander2. They do have the reputation of being the best built and most reliable of the modern Land Rovers, but I'm sure there are disaster stories just like here are here!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2013 09:45am by XFullFatTim.)
04-03-2013 09:43am
Lofty

I realise the HSE is a very nice spec, but I'd be buying a brand new GS (which now has full leather) for just a couple of £k more.Orange wheels are doing about £3500 off list.He will get the facelift model, a full 3 warranty, service pack for a few hundred pound and if he needs finance that will also be much cheaper on a new car.
04-03-2013 05:23pm
Offroadstu

The new 2011 onward freelanders have a slightly better engine. We have had both 57 plate TD4 and 12 plate TD4 autos and the 12 plate was a quicker and quieter car to drive. Should get a deal on a new MY13 freelander GS
04-03-2013 09:46pm
The Valeter

13 model year has vastly improved dash instruments. Pretty much evoque tech in there now also with EPB, same Meridian audio's as in Evoque, easy entry/exit on electric seats now.
The 13 MY 62 plate Freelander 2HSE auto I have just given back as a loan car was very nice indeed & is now for sale. Someone will get a nice car as I treated that for 5 weeks as though it was my own.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
04-03-2013 10:19pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

I've owned 2 Fl2s one a 08my TD4 the other a 11my SD4, both were fantastic cars and never gave me any trouble. Some still put the Fl1 reputation before it. The Fl2 HSE was once considered the baby Range Rover.

I genuinely believe the Fl2 is the better car, so much so that i have speced up a GS ready to give to my salesman, yes it's becoming dated but for me it's head and shoulders above the Evoque in terms of quality and what you get for the money.

My spec
GS TD4 manual
Mauritius blue
Heated steering wheel
Privacy glass
Design pack
Cold climate pack
Clear view pack
Lighting pack
Armrest pack

And it's still less than £30k only down side is no meridian sound system on the GS.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2013 11:01pm by J77.)
04-03-2013 10:56pm
xxxx5

thanks all for the wealth of advice, I have passed on the information. Looks like i will be going with him at the weekend FL hunting.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
05-03-2013 07:20am
RRSteve

(04-03-2013 10:56pm)J77 Wrote:  I genuinely believe the Fl2 is the better car, so much so that i have speced up a GS ready to give to my salesman, yes it's becoming dated but for me it's head and shoulders above the Evoque in terms of quality and what you get for the money.

I know we all have different tastes but I am in a Freelander 2 hire car this morning (top spec inc Meridian sound) and I must admit I don't think it's anywhere near as good as an Evoque! Vauge steering and washy ride. Not a car fro me to be honest. Confused I can see why the Freelander is badged as a Land Rover and the Evoque is badged Range Rover. The Evoque feels a lot more "premium".

Even if I had loads of faults and got fed up with my Evoque, a FL2 wouldn't be my replacement. Even at 54, I still don't feel old enough to own one yet! Very Happy

Just my view. Smile

Saying all that, I do agree it is value for money though.
(This post was last modified: 19-07-2013 12:05pm by RRSteve.)
19-07-2013 12:00pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

54,your just a kid Steve, wait til you get to 56!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
19-07-2013 04:06pm
Chrisr1806

I agree with J77, obviously. Whistle I drove an Evoque last year before I bought my FL2, and although I liked the Evoque, I thought that rear visibility was poor, especially compared to the FL2. I like the interior of the Evoque and the front, but the rear doesn't do it for me.

Arrived: MY14.5 RRS HSE SDV6 in Loire Blue, Ivory interior, piano black trim, privacy glass,
panoramic sunroof, tow bar, mudflaps and full size spare Cool

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black, 19" Alloys, ebony interior,
piano black trim & grab handles, privacy glass, lux pack, rear spoiler, mudflaps and tow bar Very Happy
19-07-2013 04:41pm