Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Freelander Advice Required.
The Valeter

RE: Freelander Advice Required.

They are both goo/excellent in their own rights. If you want stunning looks. more refinement etc get an Evoque as I did. I had a Freelander 2 on a 10 Model year & whilst it was a good car the Evoque was everything & more I wanted in the FL2

However if you want a more practical vehicle then go for the FL2. more room in it & a better driving position IMO. The only thing that lets the FL2 down is the entire dash board, not the 13 MY dials etc but the actual physical dash unit. There is so much wasted space on the passenger side with the sloping dash topper.
There is except on the Dynamic model a real lack of seat/trim colours.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
19-07-2013 11:51pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chrisr1806

I agree about the lack of seat colours. I really liked the storm grey seats, but LR have now discontinued them. You only have more colour choice when you choose an HSE LUX with the Windsor seats, or choose the Dynamic. Otherwise you can only have ebony black or almond. I like the layout of the dashboard on the Evoque, but hopefully the new Freelander will be much improved and make an already great car even better.

Arrived: MY14.5 RRS HSE SDV6 in Loire Blue, Ivory interior, piano black trim, privacy glass,
panoramic sunroof, tow bar, mudflaps and full size spare Cool

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black, 19" Alloys, ebony interior,
piano black trim & grab handles, privacy glass, lux pack, rear spoiler, mudflaps and tow bar Very Happy
20-07-2013 12:20pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

(19-07-2013 12:00pm)RRSteve Wrote:  I know we all have different tastes but I am in a Freelander 2 hire car this morning (top spec inc Meridian sound) and I must admit I don't think it's anywhere near as good as an Evoque! Vauge steering and washy ride. Not a car fro me to be honest. Confused I can see why the Freelander is badged as a Land Rover and the Evoque is badged Range Rover. The Evoque feels a lot more "premium".

Even if I had loads of faults and got fed up with my Evoque, a FL2 wouldn't be my replacement. Even at 54, I still don't feel old enough to own one yet! Very Happy

Just my view. Smile

Saying all that, I do agree it is value for money though.

The Fl2 is 7yrs old, it's been cast aside too long to make way for the Evoque and has suffered, I'm a lot happier with the Fl2. More space, better visibility, feels better put together(at the moment) and a lot more for the money.

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed my Evoque and at times I miss it but it will be a while before I consider buying one again.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
21-07-2013 04:34pm
IKM

I was considering replacing our 2010 Freelander XS, but the colour choice and options are now so limited that I'll either await the new model or seek an alternative (eg Volvo XC60).

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
21-07-2013 06:52pm
Madam Fuji

Just x changed my MY 13 FL 2 for a RRE prestige auto( 13) . I love my Evoque, but still think my FL 2 was great to drive!! :0)))
21-07-2013 09:46pm
Chrisr1806

(21-07-2013 06:52pm)IKM Wrote:  I was considering replacing our 2010 Freelander XS, but the colour choice and options are now so limited that I'll either await the new model or seek an alternative (eg Volvo XC60).

There are still some nice colours available. Maybe you should wait until the MY14, as new colours should be available?

Arrived: MY14.5 RRS HSE SDV6 in Loire Blue, Ivory interior, piano black trim, privacy glass,
panoramic sunroof, tow bar, mudflaps and full size spare Cool

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black, 19" Alloys, ebony interior,
piano black trim & grab handles, privacy glass, lux pack, rear spoiler, mudflaps and tow bar Very Happy
22-07-2013 08:52am