Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Freelander 2 Wheels.
cutter7

Freelander 2 Wheels.

Can anybody advise me, Will the 20" Wheels on the Freelander 2, fit the Evoque? Very Happy

14-09-2011 08:31am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Freelander 2 Wheels.

The hubs are the same but what is the profile of a Freelander 2 20" - I didn't think there was an OEM 20" for Freelander2......

Edit - just checked and there are no OEM 20" wheel for Freelander so they must be after market wheels. 20' wheels from RRS/D4/FFRR will not fit without spacers as the stud pattern is different

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 14-09-2011 08:43am by XFullFatTim.)
14-09-2011 08:41am
cutter7

These are Wolfrace Wheels, Vermont Black 8.5 x 20" (not OEM) and i'm told will fit the Freelander2 ?

Tyre Profile is 275x40x20.

14-09-2011 08:56am
XFullFatTim

The twenties on my are 245/45R20

I would be very careful changing alloys for Non OEM, Land Rover is very sensitive to running wheels they have not approved and will immediately void your warranty if you take the car into a dealership with them on.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
14-09-2011 09:11am
gead

Thats pretty crazy if they void the whole warranty because of aftermarket rims....if the fuel pump carks it, what has that got to do with my fully hecktik aftermarket rims?...

What is the stud pattern for the evoque/freelander?

White 5 dr SD4 Dynamic.
(This post was last modified: 14-09-2011 11:00am by gead.)
14-09-2011 10:59am
cutter7

(14-09-2011 10:59am)gead Wrote:  Thats pretty crazy if they void the whole warranty because of aftermarket rims....if the fuel pump carks it, what has that got to do with my fully hecktik aftermarket rims?...

What is the stud pattern for the evoque/freelander?
5x108 et35, 5x108 et45,

14-09-2011 11:06am
gead

Thanks....just checked tire rack...not a lot of quality options available...

White 5 dr SD4 Dynamic.
14-09-2011 11:13am
XFullFatTim

If you read any car makers warranty very carefully I think you will find that most have what might appear to be "unreasonable" clauses, but you can choose to ignore them if you want and run your car on whatever wheels you want, just don't expect any sympathy or goodwill if things go wrong.

I think I have said elsewhere that LR has been having huge warranty claims on FFRR and RRS over transmission problems due to people running wheels the car was never design to have - mainly people who fit 22/24 and even 26" wheels on cars designed to run nothing bigger than 19's. The problem is that LR designs it's cars to be off road capable straight out of the showroom, it writes its warranty accordingly. To be so competent off road means compromises and one of them is that while the transmissions are designed to handle the worst that off road use can throw at them they are not designed to run equipment not meant for off road use.

14-09-2011 01:08pm
gead

Freelander 2 Wheels.

Fair call about the monster size wheels, but if you were running wheels of equivalent size to OEM, surely this would not void your warranty...???

White 5 dr SD4 Dynamic.
14-09-2011 01:23pm
XFullFatTim

I don't know is the honest answer - you could ask you dealer what their policy is. Some dealerships turn a blind eye to remaps and will do warranty work on engines that have been tweaked. Aftermarket wheels are the same.

One thing to make sure before you fit any aftermarket wheel to any LR product is that the wheel is the correct load rating, LR's including the Evoque are quite heavy cars and you can void your insurance running wheels not strong enough. Evoque is billed as the lightest land Rover ever - it's true but it is still a lot heavier than a normal car of the same size.

One dealer in the UK was actually selling cars that they had remapped but they for caught because of a road traffic accident when an owner didn't know his car had been modified and hadn't told the insurer. LR got involved and threatened to take away the franchise.

(This post was last modified: 14-09-2011 01:35pm by XFullFatTim.)
14-09-2011 01:33pm