Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Forum Virgin. And just ordered!
Simplesimon

Hi there everyone.

New here so please be gentle!Cool
Have loved the look of the Evoque ever since its release. Always wanted a sport,but just a bit big and over the top for me. Apart from the fact that it's so damned expensive!!

Anyway. I had a test drive in a dynamic auto last week, and was just stunned by the driveability!
The acceleration and torque for a 4 wheel drive was astounding,especially when dynamic mode was selected.
I currently own a 2007 Rav 4. Which I have been extremely happy with. But the evoque just blew it away in every single department.

To cut a long story short. And so as not to bore you. I immediately ordered one.
Specs:
Corrie grey
Security glass
Santorini black roof with glass
Black pack
Ebony black interior
5 yr service plan
Scotch guard

The only extras I ordered are the heated steering wheel. And electric tailgate. As it is so highly specced as it is!
We originally ordered the the Lunar/Ivory interior. But swapped to black to be on the safe side,as I just couldn't get to grips with everything being mostly grey inside!
Also removed the tailgate, as I thought the heated steering wheel would be more beneficial as my partner has very bad circulation especially on cold days!
I plan on having mud flaps , mats and maybe the aluminium shift paddles added by the dealer prior to delivery!

Any input on spec would be most appreciated.

I have been given a March 2015 delivery date at the latest. But told it could be sooner!
One thing I was a bit put off about, was the way the dealership tried to force finance on me even though I am planning to pay cash!
And some sort of a one of insurance payment to cover the car for its value due to theft or an accident!!

Anyway. Really looking forward to eventually taking delivery.

Btw. It was a joint decision with my partner.
I really wanted a Porsche Boxster!!Cool
05-11-2014 10:25pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
m_101

RE: Forum Virgin. And just ordered!

My only suggestion would be to consider the full spare wheel - I wish I had one.
As for the electric tailgate, it's a great feature to have. I would definitely say take this in preference to the aluminum shift paddles. I use mine multiple times a day and it promotes me to actually put stuff in the boot rather than use the back seat.
I also wish I had the heated steering wheel - it looks like it would be quite nice in the cold mornings coming up. Very sensible addition.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
06-11-2014 12:02am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I was going to say add the electric tailgate, heated steering wheel and delete the aluminium paddles and then saw 101's post. The standard issue paddles are nice enough, even though they are plastic they don't get cold to touch in winter if your car sits outside like aluminium ones will. Regarding the tailgate - don't forget that it isn't remote controlled closing it closes electrically by pushing a button on it, but you can get an aftermarket mod to make it remote control closing from a couple of members of the forum who have built reasonably priced modules.

With regard to the dealership and trying to sell additional warranty and GAP cover - bear in mind that 80% of what you pay goes to them as commission................. if they aren't offering any discount on the new car then ask them to chuck those two in for free............ I can also highly recommend that you get your dealer to send you on a FULL day Land Rover Experience (they will offer a half day but press them for the full day as it is much more fun as you get to do more exciting things in an Evoque (or Range Rover or Defender if you want!)

Click on this photo to start the video
[Image: th_DSCF1207_zpskuklefyq.mp4]

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2014 12:26am by XFullFatTim.)
06-11-2014 12:23am
Simplesimon

Thank you very much for your replies and sensible advice. Especially regarding the warranty/GAP!
Will take this up with the dealership!

I think I can do without the electric tailgate to be honest. And the aluminium shifters!
I never thought about them getting cold in winter.

One thing I thought was standard, is the Automatic headlamp levelling system. I must get this added. As my partner will be using the car for work quite a lot. And drives s lot of country lanes late at night.
Hope it's not too late to add!!Confused

Also. Does anyone know if the illuminated tread plates. And aluminium foot pedals come as standard on the dynamic. The dealer thinks they do. But they come up as add on options when you build your car online!!
06-11-2014 09:39am
XFullFatTim

The online configurator is rubbish as it covers the whole wide world's models and not UK spec.
Headlights - avoid the Halogens at all costs, candles would be better! The adaptive Xenons are excellent and have an additional kerb spotlight that comes on at less than 30 mph or when the indicators are operated at low speed. You have plenty of time to change things, but do make it a condition of the oprder that the dealership tells you in plenty of time when the last date for making changes is and make sure that you get a written confirmation that the changes have been made as we have recently had several cases of dealers getting it wrong - either not advising the customer when the latest date to make changes is or not making the correct changes. Not sure about the illuminated threadstrips, I have them on mine but there have been a few spec changes this year and some little things have slipped from being standard to being options. Amazed that your dealership doesn't know if they are standard or optional, what sloppy kind of salesman doesn't know what he is selling? Aluminium pedals are an optional extra even on Dynamics
Have another think about the tailgate - the tailgate does get quite dirty in wet weather.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2014 10:28am by XFullFatTim.)
06-11-2014 10:22am
recordman

I think I'm correct in saying that if Xenons are fitted (std on Dynamic) then auto headlight levelling is std too.

2013 SD4 Prestige auto/5dr/OG/Fuji pano roof
06-11-2014 11:21am
Stadt Panzer

Yes

Somewhere in the North Sea.
06-11-2014 12:53pm
Simplesimon

Thanks chaps.

I phoned my dealer today. And he confirmed that on the MY15 model. Xenon auto levelling headlights are standard. As are illuminated treadplates and aluminium pedals!
I got a bit mixed up with the headlamp side of things. And what I was referring to was
AHBA (automatic high beam assist). Which automatically dip main beam when detecting oncoming traffic. Which I think essential as we use country lanes quite a lot in the dark!
(And no! We aren't doggers!!)
But surprisingly he said we needed to order the auto dim rear view mirror at the same time. A bit surprised. But wasn't going to argue for the sake of approx £100 !
Anyway. I'm quite happy now. And don't think I need to add anything else. Had a budget of £45000. So just a little over!
06-11-2014 06:06pm
XFullFatTim

High Beam Assist is very good, but like quite a few options on the Evoque can be lived without! I didn't have it on my last Evoque and have it on my current one - I was a sceptic, but it does work well although sometime after dipping mine doesn't always come back up to full beam

06-11-2014 08:27pm
BobM

I would really go for the spare wheel. If you don't, you wont get a jack or a wheel brace either and that tub of goo they expect your to use when you get a puncture wont fix a shredded tyre or sliced sidewall ! £110 if you spec it now -£400ish if you decide to buy it after delivery

They other thing you should consider is an ebony headlining instead of the light grey yours will come with. Some say it makes the car dark inside but I cant say I noticed it at all and I loved mine, makes it feel a bit 'sportier' inside and the pano roof will let in plenty light. Also don't see dirty marks as much.

Pure, SD4, Auto, 5 door, Firenze Red, Ebony/Ebony, privacy, rear camera, front sensors, fog lights, spare wheel, auto lights and wipers - Delivered 14.3.15 Very Happy

Gone but not forgotten - Old rattly 1.3.12 - 31.5.13 - Pure, SD4, manual, 5 door, Fuji, 19" style 4, ebony/ebony, spare wheel, privacy.
08-11-2014 01:39pm