Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rear cam not in sync?
PapaRod

Rear cam not in sync?

Have had mine for three weeks now. Great car, but seem to have a couple of glitches.

Firstly the belt indicator on the panel - the one showing five dots - no longer shows red when someone is un-buckled - it just shows the neutral color. If I unlock it, then the red shows, but not at initial seating. Anyone experienced that?

Secondly - today as my wife left the car I got a warning that the smart key was no longer in the car. She had no key on her and mine was safe in the pocket. A few secĀ“s after I drove off the message disappeared and that's that.

And thirdly - in accordande with the headline. While in R the rear cam just isn't in sync with the sound. It seems like the sound comes and goes with no particular pattern. I understand if the beep comes on, then it goes to silent, but there seems to be no predictibility in it.

It's not that I am particularly worried about these things, however I do have some concerns if there are small electronic errors appearing now and then - as it could indicate future issues..Confused Hence the question if others experienced any of these - or if we're just into a normal case of user failure..Idea

Pure SD, Fuji, TechPack 1, Clearview, Auto, Privacy, Park assist - now with a towbar...Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 28-06-2012 11:53am by PapaRod.)
28-06-2012 11:45am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: Rear cam not in sync?

Re the rear beeping, I've had something similar when the road surface changes, eg tarmac to concrete.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
(This post was last modified: 28-06-2012 11:57am by RacingSnake.)
28-06-2012 11:57am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

Re seatbelts - that's how it works as per manual - doesn't show red at initial sitting, only when unbuckled after being buckled.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
28-06-2012 12:23pm
PapaRod

So it seems like we end up in user failure...Embarrassed

Thanks for your replies - perhaps one goes a bit jumpy reading about all the alleged faults on these websites...

Pure SD, Fuji, TechPack 1, Clearview, Auto, Privacy, Park assist - now with a towbar...Very Happy
28-06-2012 01:24pm