babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Rear cam not in sync? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Rear cam not in sync? (/Thread-Rear-cam-not-in-sync)

Rear cam not in sync? - PapaRod - 28-06-2012 11:45am

Have had mine for three weeks now. Great car, but seem to have a couple of glitches.

Firstly the belt indicator on the panel - the one showing five dots - no longer shows red when someone is un-buckled - it just shows the neutral color. If I unlock it, then the red shows, but not at initial seating. Anyone experienced that?

Secondly - today as my wife left the car I got a warning that the smart key was no longer in the car. She had no key on her and mine was safe in the pocket. A few secĀ“s after I drove off the message disappeared and that's that.

And thirdly - in accordande with the headline. While in R the rear cam just isn't in sync with the sound. It seems like the sound comes and goes with no particular pattern. I understand if the beep comes on, then it goes to silent, but there seems to be no predictibility in it.

It's not that I am particularly worried about these things, however I do have some concerns if there are small electronic errors appearing now and then - as it could indicate future issues..Confused Hence the question if others experienced any of these - or if we're just into a normal case of user failure..Idea

RE: Rear cam not in sync? - RacingSnake - 28-06-2012 11:57am

Re the rear beeping, I've had something similar when the road surface changes, eg tarmac to concrete.

RE: Rear cam not in sync? - cjfp - 28-06-2012 12:23pm

Re seatbelts - that's how it works as per manual - doesn't show red at initial sitting, only when unbuckled after being buckled.

RE: Rear cam not in sync? - PapaRod - 28-06-2012 01:24pm

So it seems like we end up in user failure...Embarrassed

Thanks for your replies - perhaps one goes a bit jumpy reading about all the alleged faults on these websites...