Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
First Service upgrades
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

First Service upgrades

Have just been into LPR to sign the service worksheets.
Aside from the routine service there are software upgrades galore including:
TCM reflash - this is a transmission reprogram either to improve economy or resolve the other issues or both
Seat motor recalibration - applicable on to Coupes
TPMS reflash
also I have asked for the door seals to be replaced with the most recent design

Will post the details when I collect the car on Friday

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2012 10:38am by XFullFatTim.)
03-09-2012 10:36am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KaDargo

RE: First Service upgrades

(03-09-2012 10:36am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Have just been into LPR to sign the service worksheets.
Aside from the routine service there are software upgrades galore including:
TCM reflash - this is a transmission reprogram either to improve economy or resolve the other issues or both
Seat motor recalibration - applicable on to Coupes
TPMS reflash
also I have asked for the door seals to be replaced with the most recent design

Will post the details when I collect the car on Friday

Does this have to wait for the service - I am up to 5K now (since 3rd May) so would need to wait a bit longer (is it 12K / 1 year?)

Apart from economy, I have the dreaded 'turbo lag / no response' roundabout problem!

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
03-09-2012 10:43am
griff

looking forward to seeing what the seat calibration does to the motor speed.@KaDargo - bad news is that service for SD4 is 16K/1year so your wait might be a bit longer. Worth talking to your dealer though.
My 1st service will be next month I reckon.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
03-09-2012 11:16am
WB
WB

I asked about software updates when my SD4 was in for warranty work last week at LPR and they said it didn't have anything under recall so I suspect they only do these at service so they can charge you for the labour...

Tim, what's the mileage on yours out of interest?
03-09-2012 11:44am
IKM

(03-09-2012 11:44am)WB Wrote:  I asked about software updates when my SD4 was in for warranty work last week at LPR and they said it didn't have anything under recall so I suspect they only do these at service so they can charge you for the labour...

Tim, what's the mileage on yours out of interest?
I've got mine going in for warranty work this Friday (no doubt a run with technician beforehand to agree what's wrong), so I'll also check about software updates prior to its service (although it's only 3 months away).

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2012 01:16pm by IKM.)
03-09-2012 12:06pm
NightFox

It'll be very interesting to see what impact on fuel economy this has

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2012 12:22pm by NightFox.)
03-09-2012 12:22pm
defender_uk

My dealer swore blind there were no sofyware updates...he even pull up my vehicle on LR site and it showed nothing...yet it is an Oct 11 car so how come ?

Confuddled.....

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
03-09-2012 07:46pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

(03-09-2012 07:46pm)defender_uk Wrote:  My dealer swore blind there were no sofyware updates...he even pull up my vehicle on LR site and it showed nothing...yet it is an Oct 11 car so how come ?

Confuddled.....

I reckon this is the difference between 'needed' (campaign) upgrades and 'upgrades' - when mine goes in soon I will look to insist that all upgrades are made, 'needed' or not. Might even look to get it serviced @ LPR !

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2012 08:21pm by cjfp.)
03-09-2012 08:15pm
WB
WB

(03-09-2012 08:15pm)cjfp Wrote:  I reckon this is the difference between 'needed' (campaign) upgrades and 'upgrades' - when mine goes in soon I will look to insist that all upgrades are made, 'needed' or not. Might even look to get it serviced @ LPR !

Hmm, it was LPR that told me there were no software updates for my car - that was on Thursday last week - so I guess they only want to do non-'essential' updates during servicing (I assume so they can charge for the labour).
03-09-2012 09:42pm
cjfp

I'm confused now too - I said LPR because of xfft post (and missed your post) - can LPR give an explanation of the difference between your and xfft's experience ?!
I really want to know more about the coupe seat motor recalibration !!!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2012 09:49pm by cjfp.)
03-09-2012 09:48pm