Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Feedback
IKM

RE: Feedback

11 day ownership thoughts: still getting used to my first ever auto, and having to use command shift a lot compensating for it taking too much time for it to reach 4, 5 & 6 gear in D. Fuel economy poor, but only driven 375 miles, so early days (but given it's poor auto gear change response, not surprising that fuel economy so bad). Mirrors no worse or better than Freelander 2.

Should also be able to change colour in dynamic mode away from red.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
(This post was last modified: 28-12-2011 12:28am by IKM.)
27-12-2011 04:16pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Claud

How do we know Ste Efc is a genuine Land Rover employee?

[Image: 118733.png]
2013 Discovery HSE Luxury Corris Grey
Sold - 2011 Evoque SD4 Prestige, Auto, Magnaride, Orkney Grey, Lux Pack, TPMS, Heated Steering Wheel
2010 Freelander SD4
1997 Defender 90 XD Wolf (ex Ghurkas)
1991 Defender County 110 V8
1959 Series II
1953 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance
(This post was last modified: 27-12-2011 07:32pm by Claud.)
27-12-2011 07:31pm
cjfp

We don't! If the info he gives is good then fine. If it turns out to be 'pants' then he/she'll be ignored (as has happened with other 'employees' on here). Ste won't 'fix' things for u so if u have any probs then use your dealer or LR customer services.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
27-12-2011 07:34pm
Evoqess

Thanks for asking Ste Efc!
But at the moment I'm wanting to first give feedback on some of the prior comments! Quite a lot of complaining about the design rather than providing feedback on ownership.

The complaints about the mirror size are peculiar. With the stunning design of the Evoque and resulting reduction in visibility the mirrors are awesome - giving great information on traffic, curb etc. They only require occasional movement of the head/torso when turning at intersections (I'm an average height female) - I know, a hell of an effort for some Rolling Eyes. Maybe some are unaware they are driving a style icon and have to change some of their lazy driving habits! Human + vehicle should work together to eliminate blind spots - and asking for a blind spot monitor to trust implicitly is foolish. I have the supreme BSM - my neck!

To say that the pano roof is for the passengers is also odd. I can look up every time I'm at a traffic light, or stopped or listening to music with the car parked for 10 minutes. The driver who thinks he should be able to enjoy the roof view during driving (and taking his eyes off the road) is a bit like someone texting on their phone ie: probably should be a passenger as clearly operating a vehicle (weapon if misused) is not the right job for them.

The comment about a low quality interior is also nonsense. As with any survey it's best to listen to the majority and just eliminate the extreme comments. The interior fit and finish has been complimented again and again. It's no Pagani Huayra no -but befits the price point. Unless you overpay for your Evoque that is Wink

So Ste Efc, the awards keep piling up - and I've always been on the same page. I'm excited that I have a beautifully designed vehicle, that is at home in the city and gnarly forest roads. The cabin is a lovely place to be - the lighting, instrumentation, Meridian - and all the controls are intuitive - everything makes sense! I get no weird wind noise which is nice. The puddle lights are cool and very useful during the wet winters of Vancouver.
Although larger than my last car (Audi) the Evoque is a breeze to park (dipping mirrors/rear camera a real plus).
The Si4 is a blast to drive - giving plenty when I need it.
Yes the mileage is poorer than expected, but I do a lot of city driving right now and the plus side is the weight /4x4 adding to a sense of security. A fair trade off !
Have noticed a minor high pitched, low volume noise intermittently on idle - momentarily stops when I shift to neutral, then returns. Not really bothersome and can wait till first service I think. Certainly won't start a thread complaining about it!

Bottom line - love this car. My first British vehicle is a winner. Congratulations to you and your Halewood team!

(26-12-2011 11:17pm)Ste Efc Wrote:  As an employee of Halewood, were the Evoque is made, just wanted any feedback off people about the car.....

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
27-12-2011 08:16pm
ytshome

From the lack of replies from Ste Efc I guess we aren't going to get anything back. Hope Im wrong!

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
27-12-2011 09:49pm
cjfp

I'm not sure what Ste is offering to forum members - just asking for feedback.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
27-12-2011 09:51pm
Claud

It seems a bit strange to me that a Land Rover employee posts on a UK Bank Holiday, I know when I am on vacation I try to avoid thinking of work as much as possible......., I would hazard a guess any employee working today is focusing on producing cars at Halewood.

[Image: 118733.png]
2013 Discovery HSE Luxury Corris Grey
Sold - 2011 Evoque SD4 Prestige, Auto, Magnaride, Orkney Grey, Lux Pack, TPMS, Heated Steering Wheel
2010 Freelander SD4
1997 Defender 90 XD Wolf (ex Ghurkas)
1991 Defender County 110 V8
1959 Series II
1953 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance
27-12-2011 10:02pm
lngrn36

(27-12-2011 10:02pm)Claud Wrote:  It seems a bit strange to me that a Land Rover employee posts on a UK Bank Holiday, I know when I am on vacation I try to avoid thinking of work as much as possible......., I would hazard a guess any employee working today is focusing on producing cars at Halewood.

Then too, he could be a workaholic like me! Lol
I answer and ask questions while away on holiday.

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
27-12-2011 10:15pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ED209

(27-12-2011 10:02pm)Claud Wrote:  It seems a bit strange to me that a Land Rover employee posts on a UK Bank Holiday, I know when I am on vacation I try to avoid thinking of work as much as possible......., I would hazard a guess any employee working today is focusing on producing cars at Halewood.

He says he is an employee, not that he is posting in an official land rover capacity.

Its likely that he is just posting in his own time for his own reasons.
27-12-2011 10:25pm
lngrn36

Re: Evoquess
This place can be like a shop. Many only come here when angry, to vent. I know I have done so already! I LOVE my new puppy. Look at my avatar. That's right before I took ownership. What a good looking beast! I enjoy everything except the weird wind noise. It is only at 50mph but that is my average speed back and forth to work everyday!
I don't know about the mileage. I traded in an F-150 truck, so I don't care about the mileage. It has to be better and is a hoot to drive!

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
27-12-2011 10:25pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply