Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Factory Visit
Blackseries

RE: Factory Visit

(18-08-2011 10:55pm)Acwats Wrote:  
(18-08-2011 10:15pm)mark_n Wrote:  So what is the colour of the car in the middle group closest to the camera on the left - silver or grey?

Grey. But don't ask me whichConfused

...... OG .... its too light for Stornoway

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
18-08-2011 10:58pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
berlin2011

Unnecessary quote removed

Remarkably few Firenze Red cars in that photo - lot's of white, black and silver.

I count maybe 10 Red amongst what must be over 200 cars.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
(This post was last modified: 18-08-2011 11:29pm by XFullFatTim.)
18-08-2011 11:23pm
mark_n

Pleased to hear you think it's grey, if it was silver, it's darker than I expected. It may be for production reasons they group colours together to minimise the colour changes in the paint shop but who knows. However, if this was a representative sample of the colours being chosen, black, white, silver/gray dominate with kermit green being an aethetic stretch too far, same apparaently for Buckingham Blue which would have been my second choice, much easier to look after than black.
Acwats, nice clear shot, what camera ae you using?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 19-08-2011 08:05am by mark_n.)
19-08-2011 08:02am
Charlie
No Longer Registered

Edit
(This post was last modified: 20-08-2011 01:42pm by Charlie.)
19-08-2011 08:19am
Blackseries

(19-08-2011 08:02am)mark_n Wrote:  same apparaently for Buckingham Blue which would have been my second choice, much easier to look after than black.

Just after I saw the 2013 FFRR on the M40 I saw a Buckingham Blue Coupe coming in the other direction. I must say that on the road it looked my least favourite colour so far. With a Black painted car all the black plastic bits blend in and you get one solid shape, with the lighter colours (and red) the paintwork contrast with the black plastic bits. With Buckingham and Galway (to my eyes) it’s neither one thing nor the other. I am also surprised at the lack of Reds ... however I think that will change when people see them on the road. Remember all the cars you see here were ordered pretty much blind ... and a lot of people may have had the same reaction as me (if you haven't seen it) of a red Range Rover being a bit too much. As I say I think once they are out on the roads that will change.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
19-08-2011 09:20am
Acwats

(19-08-2011 08:02am)mark_n Wrote:  Pleased to hear you think it's grey, if it was silver, it's darker than I expected. It may be for production reasons they group colours together to minimise the colour changes in the paint shop but who knows. However, if this was a representative sample of the colours being chosen, black, white, silver/gray dominate with kermit green being an aethetic stretch too far, same apparaently for Buckingham Blue which would have been my second choice, much easier to look after than black.
Acwats, nice clear shot, what camera ae you using?

Sony Cybershot HX7V - about £240 -£280. Only had it 2 months but very pleased so far. I actually incorrectly used the 3D setting when I took the picture

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
(This post was last modified: 19-08-2011 07:08pm by Acwats.)
19-08-2011 07:07pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The football related posts in this thread have been moved to the Off Topic - Jokes section if you wish to continue your chat there!
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-football-chatter

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 20-08-2011 01:19pm by XFullFatTim.)
20-08-2011 01:18pm