babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Factory Visit - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Factory Visit (/Thread-Factory-Visit)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Factory Visit - mark_n - 17-08-2011 07:09pm

I'm an engineer and there's nothing I like more than grubbing around a car factory. So, I've booked in for the Halewood experience which costs £100 and gives you a half-day factory tour and hands-on in a car (not necessarily an Evoque) around the experience course. You can do the tour and a demo ride for £45.

Was impressed by the young lady I spoke to, helpful, polite, can do.

They're closed until Sept 12 until after the launch, I've booked for the 20th.

RE: Factory Visit - SebM - 17-08-2011 09:38pm

Where did you find information to plan a factory visit ?

I really want to visit LR factory but I didn't know that it was possible...

RE: Factory Visit - xxxx5 - 17-08-2011 09:41pm

(17-08-2011 09:38pm)SebM Wrote:  Where did you find information to plan a factory visit ?

see link below

http://www.landrover.com/gl/en/lr/experience-land-rover/factory-tours-and-experiences/halewood/

RE: Factory Visit - mark_n - 17-08-2011 09:58pm

I think it will be interesting. Halewood used to be a byword for industrial unrest and poor quality since which time there has been a remarkable turnaround. I'm quite sure the Evoque is a source of pride to those in the Liverpool/Merseyside area and the fact it's my first built-in-Britain car since a 1971 Triumph 1500 says it all. Since then, my choice has been Italy (2 cars), Germany (12 cars) and Japan (2 cars).

RE: Factory Visit - Jonathon555 - 17-08-2011 10:30pm

Speak to Danielle she is very helpful .

She works at the experience centre

RE: Factory Visit - mark_n - 18-08-2011 02:09am

(17-08-2011 10:30pm)Jonathon555 Wrote:  Speak to Danielle she is very helpful .

She works at the experience centre

She's the one I've been speaking to...

RE: Factory Visit - SebM - 18-08-2011 07:52am

(17-08-2011 09:41pm)xxxx5 Wrote:  
(17-08-2011 09:38pm)SebM Wrote:  Where did you find information to plan a factory visit ?

see link below

http://www.landrover.com/gl/en/lr/experience-land-rover/factory-tours-and-experiences/halewood/

Thanks !!! I will have a look... and maybe organize a trip to UK as soon I received my Evoque Wink

With my actual Clubman Cooper S, I went to Oxford (factory visit) and Silvertsone (MINI United 2009), it was excellent !!

RE: Factory Visit - jgouldj - 18-08-2011 08:08am

Great post, thanks for the information. I reckon this would be a great birthday gift for my old dad!

RE: Factory Visit - XFullFatTim - 18-08-2011 08:59am

You can also do the same thing at the Solihull Land Rover factory and if you can get a group together you can get a nice discount. The Solihull one is superb and the staff are all retired Land Rover employees and very knowledgable and enthusiastic about their job.

RE: Factory Visit - mark_n - 18-08-2011 09:08am

The benefit of Halewood of course is that you see the Evoque bveing built. Danielle told me it's mainly Evoques going down the line at the moment, hardly any Freelanders and orders are up to 21000. I think they will be relying on th Evoque hitting the streets to create a second wave of sales.