Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Factory Quality Problem
ytshome

RE: Factory Quality Problem

(17-09-2011 03:36pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  LR had exactly the same problem when they introduced the 2010MY RRS, they couldn't fullfill orders for cars with surround cam, the demand had been hugely under-estimated. It's a pity for those waiting (and you have my every sympathy) that LR have yet again got demand wrong, even though a reversing cam is standard on all the cars being produced at the moment. One thing for sure, if it is a supplier issue then that supplier will be being extremely heavily penalised by Land Rover for delaying production, not that that helps you

Hi Tim, I can't believe its a supply issue, much more likely to be poor quality control. I am aware that somethings go beyond the point of no return and can't the be fitted without a lot of effort and potential closing down the line. Do we know if LR knew of the problems before shipping them out?

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
17-09-2011 04:18pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
paulus599

I just don't get this at all. As Tim says all the cars currently being built (UK spec anyway) have the rear camera as a standard fit. How can it be possible therefore just to 'forget' and leave this out. Surely it would be very easy to spot - hole in tailgate and nothing attached the the wiring loom - so just can't see how any cars could be built that way.
Answers on a postcard please Confused

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
17-09-2011 04:18pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

When cars get toward the end of the production line at Solihull there is a special computer plugged into the car that tests every electronic system fitted that it is working properly. I would be very surprised if Halewood doesn't have a similar set-up. A missing reversing cam should have triggered a warning that there is no connectivity between cam and screen which should have caused the cars affected to be pulled off the line for further QC checks. Then there is the supposed "extended" QC check of all cars rolling off the line for the first few months production to make doubly sure that all is right. It is very hard to believe that cars managed to get passed TWO QC checks and an electronic connectivity check without being returned to the finishing station. Also it doesn't say a lot for the dealership PDI system if it wasn't picked up then - so that's 3 checks. I wonder if they might have been stolen when the cars have been in storage or transit from the central distribution centre.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 17-09-2011 04:32pm by XFullFatTim.)
17-09-2011 04:31pm
defender_uk

Quite...how can a computer forget? how do they ignore the warning on the system...I really believe this is a deliberate ommission because they couldn't source the cameras but they wanted to get the cars out. I would be taliking to my lawyer at this point....

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
17-09-2011 04:34pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
paulus599

Exactly, and me too....

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
17-09-2011 04:35pm
Jonathon555

If the wrong part was delivered to the product line at the wrong time , this error may occur. However it's still a bit shabby to miss it on a pdi

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
17-09-2011 04:57pm
paulus599

You mean they would just not fit anything and it would still go through all the quality tests. Just can't believe that would happen.

17-09-2011 05:01pm
Jonathon555

(17-09-2011 05:01pm)paulus599 Wrote:  You mean they would just not fit anything and it would still go through all the quality tests. Just can't believe that would happen.

I realy don't know , just when you see how cars are made stuff arrives at the production line on a "just in time basis"

If the wrong item arrives the wrong item gets fitted

My cousin ordered a new Audi A4 quattro 3 years ago, what he got delivered was a front wheel drive one. It had quattro badges on & everything.

It either was a production mistake or the dealer was pulling a fast one.

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
17-09-2011 05:11pm
mark_n

I would be incandescent with rage if that happened to me.

If you accept the £600, which I think is low, the car will be more difficult to sell on because it will not be standard spec. If you take the refund, are LR committing to supplying at the price you would have paid? There's been a price rise in the roof already and with inflation running away, there will doubtless be a price rise for new orders at least from 1 January.

Very sorry for you.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
17-09-2011 05:25pm
defender_uk

don't think incandescent covers it really...defo a job for the law to sort out.

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
17-09-2011 05:26pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply