Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Factory Quality Problem
J77

RE: Factory Quality Problem

To be honest your dealer should be fighting your corner after all this could affect a lot more off there customers.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
17-09-2011 08:45pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

In my experience, the dealers are useless order takers and don't have the will to do anything. If there was a way of bypassing them, I would.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 17-09-2011 08:57pm by mark_n.)
17-09-2011 08:54pm
vinny

Can see it now,new topic.......delays for orders with rear cameras due to LR having to retro fit cameras on the ones that were missed 1st time around causing a shortage to anybody ordering a pure!Laughing

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
17-09-2011 09:00pm
J77

That's not funny... A lot can happen between now and January when my car comes.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
17-09-2011 09:13pm
cjfp

So, can I just tick back my order..

Firenze red - tick
Pan roof - tick
Adp xenon - tick
Rear camera - tick
Pure - tick

Don't feel like I'm having much luck. I hope there isn't a run on 19" style 3 and dimming rear view mirrors or I'm looking at 2013 rather than Oct 11!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
17-09-2011 09:20pm
Charlie
No Longer Registered

You wait, probably get a bench seat too Shocked
17-09-2011 09:33pm
cjfp

@Charlie - yeah, I'd forgotten that little gem too!
And no edging on the mats!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 17-09-2011 09:35pm by cjfp.)
17-09-2011 09:34pm
Tony

Mr Audi!! etc.- are you still open for business?

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
17-09-2011 10:50pm
Spiderman

(17-09-2011 08:54pm)mark_n Wrote:  In my experience, the dealers are useless order takers and don't have the will to do anything. If there was a way of bypassing them, I would.

Such a pity you feel this way Mark, I have dealt with loads of Dealers who care & really look after their clients, Stratstone Land Rover in Perth being one of the better ones out there, perhaps you need to move dealers if you are having less than satisfactory experiences or at least speak with Dealer Principals to vent your concerns as this usually does the trick and also enables you to foster good relations with the head contact who should ensure you receive greater levels of customer care moving forward....

Getting back on topic, I really do hope Bennno has a satisfactory resolution on Monday, it is such a shame that this has happened especially given the excitement surrounding this new car and his new purchase, if not I would advise he rejects the car & then this situation through senior management at JLR as I'm sure they would be horrified to discover what had happened and if not then they are in the wrong job!

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
(This post was last modified: 18-09-2011 02:58am by Spiderman.)
18-09-2011 02:52am
mark_n

I expect senior management will already be well aware of the situation, more because of the negative PR which could ensue than taking pity on the customers.

Trouble is, if the wrong wiring loom has gone in, that is a huge amount of work to correct because it's normally one of the first parts to go in and changing it, even if it is in sections, is major work invoking the removal of seats, trim, carpets, even the dash. I'm not sure I would want a car which had been through so much rework.

None of the options are especially palatable. I think a reversing camera will be essential on this car because of its somewhat restricted rear visibility, so doing without it would for me be a non-starter. The alternative of waiting for a new build could be a more acceptable (though hardly attractive) option if LR froze the price and prioritised the order. Even then, it would still be a couple of months.

All depends on the number of cars affected. How big is a "batch" I wonder? 50 cars is one thing but 500? If you are producing 200-300 a shift, you don't have to be asleep on the job for very long before a small glitch becomes a major SNAFU.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
18-09-2011 05:02am