Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Factory Quality Problem
Acwats

RE: Factory Quality Problem

Has anybody ever taken delivery of a car with additional extras that were not ordered.

I know I haven't. Strange how quality control only ever works against the customer

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
18-09-2011 10:16am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ED209

In 2001 i got a brand new mini cooper, contrary to the brouchure spec etc it dint have a height adjustable pasenger seat fitted, i got £50 back from the dealer lol
18-09-2011 10:56am
Tekno
Banned

(17-09-2011 08:54pm)mark_n Wrote:  In my experience, the dealers are useless order takers and don't have the will to do anything. If there was a way of bypassing them, I would.

Mark - you and I should go for a drink! I totally agree. The car sold itself to me - the salesman did nothing other than take my order (incorrectly), amend my order (after I had reminded him twice), keep me informed on changes (except he hasn't) and give me his undivided attention when dealing with me (except of course for the bits of his attention that were directed towards other members of staff, discussing other customers' orders and answering phone calls).

If I could have ordered my car online, directly from Land Rover (even with no 'online discount'), I'd have done so in a heartbeat.
18-09-2011 11:13am
ED209

(18-09-2011 11:13am)Tekno Wrote:  
(17-09-2011 08:54pm)mark_n Wrote:  In my experience, the dealers are useless order takers and don't have the will to do anything. If there was a way of bypassing them, I would.

Mark - you and I should go for a drink! I totally agree. The car sold itself to me - the salesman did nothing other than take my order (incorrectly), amend my order (after I had reminded him twice), keep me informed on changes (except he hasn't) and give me his undivided attention when dealing with me (except of course for the bits of his attention that were directed towards other members of staff, discussing other customers' orders and answering phone calls).

If I could have ordered my car online, directly from Land Rover (even with no 'online discount'), I'd have done so in a heartbeat.

I agree, when i went down for my pre booked test drive last week i had to sit and wait for 35 mins after the arranged time whilst the salesman talked to another customer.
18-09-2011 12:18pm