Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque wing mirror question?
Nickj

Evoque wing mirror question?

I've just fitted some facelift smaller post 2014 wing mirrors to my my13. All plug up and power fold, lights etc all work perfectly.

I do find them a bit weird though. The passenger side is very magnified? Is this normal on the facelift mirrors as on the pre facelift they are both a normal reflection.

I also can't seem to get the angles correct on them. The passenger side is fully wound in on the electric motor, it's not in far enough. The drivers side is fully wound out and I can see half my own car still! Is there adjustment in where the actual mirror housing sits?

The company I bought them from have offered to replace them but obviously I've just had them fitted so could do without the grief if poss?

Is there another car these come off that explain the weirdness?
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2016 06:21pm by Nickj.)
04-03-2016 06:20pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jph

RE: Evoque wing mirror question?

Hi Nickj
Looks to me like you have a left hand drive set of mirrors for the European/North American market
(Assuming you are from the UK / RHD). Check the part number and order the correct mirrors.
Cheers
John
04-03-2016 09:44pm
Nickj

Hi john, yes, UK RHD. Do euro/ NA market have the magnified mirror? It could explain the different angles? Supplier has said they will swop them. Just hoping i didn't have to swop the over again!
04-03-2016 10:00pm
Stadt Panzer

EU models do not have a magnified mirror, it's the same one/type as the UK model.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
04-03-2016 10:07pm
Nickj

(04-03-2016 10:07pm)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  EU models do not have a magnified mirror, it's the same one/type as the UK model.

Do some markets have a magnified mirror? 95% sure I need to swop them but would like establish what I currently have, eg LHD from which market. Might just help If supplier ask me to post back at my cost etc, so I have a strong argument.

Presumably LHD and RHD would be set to different angles?
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2016 10:12pm by Nickj.)
04-03-2016 10:11pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Middle East market and US/Canada IIRC have magnifying mirrors. Usually there is an etched sentence warning that objects may appear closer in the mirror than they really are. Middle East market cars have the script in Arabic as well as English

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
05-03-2016 11:24am
Nickj

Nothing etched on the wing mirror, but a friend suggested sitting in the passenger seat and seeing if they lined up. They did perfectly! Dont know why I didn't think of that! Must have a set of LHD mirrors. Bloody annoying as now got to get them changed again!
06-03-2016 08:48pm
mickeyf

Trying to find out if I can upgrade / retrofit power fold mirrors to my 2013 Pure with manual mirrors - was yours originally with powerfold? Have been searching for a while to get a definite answer as I'd really like the upgrade!

(04-03-2016 06:20pm)Nickj Wrote:  I've just fitted some facelift smaller post 2014 wing mirrors to my my13. All plug up and power fold, lights etc all work perfectly.

I do find them a bit weird though. The passenger side is very magnified? Is this normal on the facelift mirrors as on the pre facelift they are both a normal reflection.

I also can't seem to get the angles correct on them. The passenger side is fully wound in on the electric motor, it's not in far enough. The drivers side is fully wound out and I can see half my own car still! Is there adjustment in where the actual mirror housing sits?

The company I bought them from have offered to replace them but obviously I've just had them fitted so could do without the grief if poss?

Is there another car these come off that explain the weirdness?
25-05-2016 02:24pm
Dragonfly47

(05-03-2016 11:24am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Usually there is an etched sentence warning that objects may appear closer in the mirror than they really are.

Not to be pendantic but, the warning is OBJECTS IN THE MIRROR ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR, which is the opposite of the above. The mirrors are convex.

2015 De-Decaled Evoque Union SW1 Dynamic Special Edition (one of 125 in the US)- Firenze Red - White Pano Roof - 360 surround camera - parking assist - etc. etc.
25-05-2016 09:57pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Thanks Dragonfly, I knew it was something about the distance not being what it should be. I don't often drive in the USA or Middle East, usually I am a passenger and not worried about wing mirrors.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
25-05-2016 10:52pm