Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque's New Big Brother
Lofty

RE: Evoque's New Big Brother

The front looks very RRE and the rear lights very (New) FFRR.
I also rather like it, yes it's probably a bit lazy, but with the success of the Evoque no wonder they've used some of the same styling.The wheels are very lazy though, surely they are going to be different.As for the colour I seem to remember the last RRS was launched in burnt orange (Vesuvius??), it obviously wasn't popular, I don't think I've ever seen one in the metal!
13-03-2013 06:36pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
keweller

This was just what everyone was expecting. It is an in between car and looks like one. Fits in the model range perfectly and there is no mistaking it, its a modern RR. Depending on how much lighter it is than the FFRR the 3.0 diesel should be a really good car. So the Evoque starts at 30k and the FFRR at 70k. I would be amazed if this did not start at 50k!
13-03-2013 06:36pm
Gorjan

I would like it. Evoque good looks, with probably better interior quality, quiter, better visibility, more space and better compromise between ride quality and handling.

At least i think so... (Based in the fact that is based on the new FFRR and on the fact that LR claimed that ut will be the best handling LR ...)

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
13-03-2013 06:38pm
Lofty

(13-03-2013 06:30pm)doug Wrote:  If you look up Range Rover Sport 2014, this is the car. So it's not an RRE but a RRS.

I don't think anyone said it was a RRE Smile
13-03-2013 06:40pm
defender_uk

(13-03-2013 06:17pm)WB Wrote:  Looks like it might not be closed properly as its quite high over the lights too.

Land Rover could learn a few things from Apple about keeping secrets until launch time... what a school boy error getting a leak like this a week before launch!!

That said it's incredible how close some of the artist impressions are to the real thing... even down to the fussy fog lamps and lower door side mouldings... actually I think the artists impression is better than the real thing...

[Image: 2014rangeroversportcars.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

again...this is much better than the actual...do I really want one now????

dunno!

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
13-03-2013 06:53pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sarcastrix

(13-03-2013 06:17pm)WB Wrote:  That said it's incredible how close some of the artist impressions are to the real thing...

Not really, because the renderings/photoshops are based on the spy shots.

[Image: 2014-Range-Rover-Sport-2%25255B4%25255D.jpg]

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
(This post was last modified: 13-03-2013 07:23pm by Sarcastrix.)
13-03-2013 07:23pm
J77

To me it looks cheap, the Evoque carries of the front and rear plastic bumper inserts but on that it just looks awful. The Evoque and new Range Rover look purposefully designed where as that looks like some apprentice at Solihull has said "look boss, if we take parts from the baby Range Rover and parts from the daddy Range Rover we can get a mummy out of it.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
13-03-2013 07:28pm
scrannel

My wife and her horse riding "pals" all have RR Sports. They could be a rock video for bourgeois American Women and their Steeds. (Karl Marx, roll in your grave).

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
13-03-2013 07:29pm
Westy

I have to be honest at first glance is thought that this was an older FFRR with some sort of body kit and panels on it to modernise them, not sure about the look at the moment, does not look chunky like the normal LR products do

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
13-03-2013 07:48pm
PhilSkill

There's something not quite right about it, that bonnet looks odd to the grille and the scoops look too far back on the bonnet, just looks a bit trying to be an evoque while trying to keep it's size, front doesn't work for me, I like the rear end though.

Wonder how it will be taking by existing Sport owners, as the current sport has grown on me, but this isn't likely too, but wait till we see it in the flesh to really pass judgement.

I like the artists impression...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 13-03-2013 08:40pm by PhilSkill.)
13-03-2013 08:39pm