Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque's New Big Brother
J77

RE: Evoque's New Big Brother

I agree with you token, I thought when I bought the Evoque is moving up to a better car, on a whole I like the Evoque but I now have a dog which requires more boot space. I sat in a 13my Fl2 and that land rover feeling came back, solid and feels like you can take it anywhere without breaking it. I fear that the next generation Fl will go the same way.

It's the beginning of the end, LR need to employ someone from Kia or Hyundai to show them how it's done.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
19-03-2013 11:15am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pacmeoff

I think Land Rover intend to go in different directions with Land Rover / Range Rover

Range Rover - More bling less off road
Land Rover - Off road work horse.

It makes sense to me why would anyone want to take a £100k car off road, I wouldn't want to take a £40k car off road I would by a 2nd had defender for that.

Lets be honest the percentage of 4x4 that go off road must be very small indeed, most people who my 4x4 these days buy them for the bit of snow we get, high driving position and the look, and this is why the RRE is so successful - it's the best looking 4x4 by far.......

I like the new Sport (sold my 2012 RRS in November) and I'm sure they will be very busy in Solihull keeping up with demand.

Paul.
21-03-2013 10:27am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

(21-03-2013 10:27am)pacmeoff Wrote:  It makes sense to me why would anyone want to take a £100k car off road, I wouldn't want to take a £40k car off road I would by a 2nd had defender for that

Then why are the likes of Bentley, Lamboghini and Jaguar developing super luxury SUV's? The reason people take their £100k cars offroad is because that is what they purchased them for - go on any big shoot and you will lots of Range Rovers in with the Troopers and Defenders. Don't forget that a lot of people buying a £100000 offroader often have a Phantom/S Class / Porsche/ Aston or something even more expensive as their day to day transport. OK so my FFRR's were not a £100k cars merely £72k cars and they went offroad a fair bit because that was one reason I bought them - they could do everything that my Defender could do except navigate though between trees, they were too wide to take to places my Defender gets taken too. I wouldn't get 4 people into my Defender 90, I could get them into the FFRR

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 21-03-2013 11:33am by XFullFatTim.)
21-03-2013 11:30am
pacmeoff

(21-03-2013 11:30am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Then why are the likes of Bentley, Lamboghini and Jaguar developing super luxury SUV's? The reason people take their £100k cars offroad is because that is what they purchased them for - go on any big shoot and you will lots of Range Rovers in with the Troopers and Defenders. Don't forget that a lot of people buying a £100000 offroader often have a Phantom/S Class / Porsche/ Aston or something even more expensive as their day to day transport. OK so my FFRR's were not a £100k cars merely £72k cars and they went offroad a fair bit because that was one reason I bought them - they could do everything that my Defender could do except navigate though between trees, they were too wide to take to places my Defender gets taken too. I wouldn't get 4 people into my Defender 90, I could get them into the FFRR

And many more will just use them to take the kids to school..... It's a numbers game and JLR would not be successful without these `new` customers. The original customer base was way too small for the company to ever be profitable and we can only thank TATA for forward thinking.......... and securing the company which employee many British workers including members of my own family.
21-03-2013 12:10pm
scrannel

As you may imagine in So California there is an excess of every expensive car imaginable. There are thirteen LR dealers nearby, all prosper and all sold out of the new big Range. But, to thank Tata for forward thinking is a bit late. BMW made the new cars what they are, then Ford carried on for a long time giving both the LR and Jaguar lines a new series of excellent engines. But the real gift of BMW was to lift a very clunky, unreliable series of cars out of certain oblivion, design a completely new Range Rover and the Sport (which Ford brought to fruition) and to give them respectable reliability... for a change. What Tata has done, however, is recognize the modern world we live in and install (out-sourced) small engines in some of these vehicles. Honestly my wife has a Sport and I have a "Big" Range, but I bought the Evoque because it's just less "gross" that a petrol-guzzling Range.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
21-03-2013 01:46pm
BA74

Is there meant to be a launch in New York on the 23rd?
Yesterday Sydney time, today New York time.

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
23-03-2013 09:50pm
cutter7

Evoque's New Big Brother

It's launched in NYC on the 26th.
23-03-2013 09:57pm
BA74

(23-03-2013 09:57pm)cutter7 Wrote:  It's launched in NYC on the 26th.

OK thanks. I'm a few days early

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
23-03-2013 10:23pm
IKM

(23-03-2013 09:57pm)cutter7 Wrote:  It's launched in NYC on the 26th.
And for the 1st time ever I'm going to be in NY for its motorshow. Really looking forward to seeing the new RRS, and so is my 12yr old son. I'll either love the car and wait and stretch my motoring budget for it, or go for the current model (maybe!).

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
23-03-2013 10:40pm
Evo-king

XFullFatTim is right about the more luxurious vehicles going off road.

During Cheltenham Festival Week earlier this month, RR's were everywhere on route to the Racecourse.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
24-03-2013 07:53pm