Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque Vibration
Alan G

Evoque Vibration

Hi, over from Disco3 to see if any owners have had a similar issue as to what i am about to post. I am posting on behalf of a friend who is having no satisfication from his dealer.

Has anyone came accross this with their vehicle or heard of similar and what if anything was the fix?

Thanks in advance.

When stationary, with the engine running, in "Drive", and your foot on the brake, there is an unacceptable vibration throughout the car, felt through the seat of your pants, even in the back seat.
If you switch to neutral it disappears.

Sat in a friend's new Evoque this morning and the vibration we are experiencing was not present.
Also sat in Dealers* demonstrator and it was fine too.

Getting fobbed off by Dealer "Characteristic of the Car" rubbish.
(This post was last modified: 29-01-2012 08:36pm by Alan G.)
29-01-2012 08:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DollaR

RE: Evoque Vibration

Alan G
Some owners in my country have noticed such vibration. They said that it was related to the quality of fuel.
Try to change your fuel station or use additives, I know in England the quality of diesel fuel is much better than here in Russia, but someone finds it as a way out.

Pure 5D TD4@228hp Auto, Barolo Black, Almond/Espresso - https://picasaweb.google.com/10840339554...directlink
30-01-2012 07:32am
Claud

Hi

I have the same issue and it is very annoying, the post below offers more details.

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Engine-sp...ng-at-idle

As you can see LR are developing a software mod, I will not hold my breath though it took 12 months for them to source and fix a similar issue on my prior TDV8.

I recommend your friend pursues the issue with the dealer, he or she advises them other owners have the same problem and they should raise a Tehnical Request with Land Rover. They should then advise what Land Rover's response is, and a fob off is not adequate!

I also tried a post in the Freelander 2 forum, it does not seem seem to have impacted any automatics in that model.

It would be good to know the specification and delivery date of your friends car as it could be associated with a duff batch of components at a certain time.

[Image: 118733.png]
2013 Discovery HSE Luxury Corris Grey
Sold - 2011 Evoque SD4 Prestige, Auto, Magnaride, Orkney Grey, Lux Pack, TPMS, Heated Steering Wheel
2010 Freelander SD4
1997 Defender 90 XD Wolf (ex Ghurkas)
1991 Defender County 110 V8
1959 Series II
1953 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance
(This post was last modified: 30-01-2012 11:59pm by Claud.)
30-01-2012 11:51pm
Alan G

(30-01-2012 11:51pm)Claud Wrote:  Hi

I have the same issue and it is very annoying, the post below offers more details.

It would be good to know the specification and delivery date of your friends car as it could be associated with a duff batch of components at a certain time.

The vehicle is about 3 weeks old to my knowledge, so either a Dec 11 build or an early Jan 12 build.

Thanks for the replies, it is in hand just now as it is back at the dealers, but i have also got the ball rollingin regards to a 2nd opinion by my own dealership who do know their stuff when it comes to the LR range.

I have a friend who is a master tech with LR and has recently been and done the course work on the Evoques, so hopefully he may be able to shed some light on the issue as well.
(This post was last modified: 31-01-2012 03:52pm by Alan G.)
31-01-2012 03:49pm
Alan G

Got this in from my friend earlier .

Dealer phoned me today.
They have tested my car against many others, and their conclusion is that they are all much the same. They have been in touch with Land Rover who seem to concur with them.
They have offered to replace the car with a new one, but warn it could be just the same.
They do acknowledge there is a definite vibration however.

Cheers,
03-02-2012 08:07pm
Straydox

(03-02-2012 08:07pm)Alan G Wrote:  Got this in from my friend earlier .

Dealer phoned me today.
They have tested my car against many others, and their conclusion is that they are all much the same. They have been in touch with Land Rover who seem to concur with them.
They have offered to replace the car with a new one, but warn it could be just the same.
They do acknowledge there is a definite vibration however.

Cheers,

Some autos with torque converters show this attribute. Because torque converters are really inefficient (lots of lost power) - most modern autos with torque converters have a 'lock up' clutch that replaces the 'fluid drive' of the converter once the vehicle is moving.

There is a subtle intermediate zone where the fluid flywheel hands over to the lock-up clutch - it should be imperceptible - but sometimes the clutch is engaged a fraction too early and that's most probably what the shudder is - as to whether that's adjustable in this case I don't know.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2012 02:27am by Straydox.)
04-02-2012 12:16am
bell-auto-services

Mine used to initially when new give some sort of unsmooth vibration in D at idle when cold or only just warm (I was used to a V6 so ignored it) which seems to have gone nearly now after time.
What drew me to it is that it actually used to make me feel phisiclly sick when driving the car and I nearly sold it because of this but as said it seems to have gone away a lot now and it does not affect me.

I think the engine is a little harsh running at idle when in D and not as smooth running as I would have expected, but I have been spoilt with the TDV6 engine V our little 4 potter in the RRE.

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
04-02-2012 01:08am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BTS18

(29-01-2012 08:27pm)Alan G Wrote:  Hi, over from Disco3 to see if any owners have had a similar issue as to what i am about to post. I am posting on behalf of a friend who is having no satisfication from his dealer.

Has anyone came accross this with their vehicle or heard of similar and what if anything was the fix?

Thanks in advance.

When stationary, with the engine running, in "Drive", and your foot on the brake, there is an unacceptable vibration throughout the car, felt through the seat of your pants, even in the back seat.
If you switch to neutral it disappears.

Sat in a friend's new Evoque this morning and the vibration we are experiencing was not present.
Also sat in Dealers* demonstrator and it was fine too.

Getting fobbed off by Dealer "Characteristic of the Car" rubbish.

I had a test drive in a Prestige SD4 auto 2 weeks ago. Sat at the lights in drive, fooot on the brake and I could feel a strong vibration through the steering wheel. I asked the salesman (front seat passenger) to feel the wheel and he said "no need, I can see it". He said he hadn't noticed it before. The vibration stopped as soon as I moved off and it was not so strong that I could feel it in the pedals or seat. I have to say that was the only seriuos fault that I was aware of. What I liked was just about everything else with the vehicle................didn't try out the sound system though.

5dr Prestige SD4 Auto, Style 5 Wheels, Orkney Grey, Element Interior, Cirrus Headliner, Lux pk, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Spare Wheel.

Ordered: 07/02/12. Build Date: 21/04/12. Delivered: 27/04/12
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2012 01:39pm by BTS18.)
09-02-2012 01:35pm
mk82

I have got the same problem.. I do not like the vibration. So what to do? Any solution for it? I had thought that a Range is more comfortablier.. Sad

PURE 5dr SD4 Auto, Fuji - Almond/Espresso, rear cam, front-pdc, techp., navi, seatheating, xenon package without xenon

STUUUUNNNNNNNIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!! Thud
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2012 02:02pm by mk82.)
09-02-2012 02:01pm
Claud

Land Rover are working on an engine software update to cure the rough idle in drive and at low speeds. Please go ahead and report the problem to your main dealer. When the software is available they should update your car. I continue to wait patiently for mine to be fixed too.......Rolling Eyes

[Image: 118733.png]
2013 Discovery HSE Luxury Corris Grey
Sold - 2011 Evoque SD4 Prestige, Auto, Magnaride, Orkney Grey, Lux Pack, TPMS, Heated Steering Wheel
2010 Freelander SD4
1997 Defender 90 XD Wolf (ex Ghurkas)
1991 Defender County 110 V8
1959 Series II
1953 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2012 09:59pm by Claud.)
09-02-2012 09:59pm