Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
Evoque TD4 single exhaust to twin exhaust?
benzina

RE: Evoque TD4 single exhaust to twin exhaust?

Mmmm...now that has thrown a spanner in the works.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
10-05-2012 01:57pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lynx

So, if the Dynamic are trim only, can one order one to put on a Td4 without any major (or any) modifications outside the paintjob and the replacement effort of the new part?
And while I am at it...can I order a dual exhaust as a sparepart..and replace my single one at the same time?
And if both are true..can someone point me to a place to order that and a cost for the parts?
Smile

TD4 5 door Pure automatic,Fuji White,Black interior,Tech pack, heated seats and stearing wheel,keyless entry,park sensors,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps,19" Wheels type,power rear and lovin every minute of it! Ordered March 10 2012, delivered March 30 2012!
10-05-2012 05:42pm
DannyEvoque

(10-05-2012 01:56pm)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  The system is really simple:

Pure/Prestige:

ED4 1 exhaust
TD4 1 exhaust
SD4 2 exhausts
Si4 2 exhausts

Dynamic:

All models 2 exterior trim covers with only one working (Ed4/Td4) or both working (SD4/Si4). This is the only "counrty dependant" part as for example in UK, we are denied Ed4/Td4 Dynamic models.

SimplesCoolCool

You're right for 95%
Ok in UK you're denied for eD4/TD4 Dynamic
In Belgium TD4 Dynamic with "2" working exhausts!!! TD4 Pure and Prestige 1 exhaust pipe!
In Australia and Gibraltar TD4 Dynamic with only "1" working exhaust....!
There are definitely differences for "only eD4/TD4 Dynamic" depending on country!!!!!!!!!!
I have one (TD4 Dynamic) so I can confirm (see attached pictures...)

Havana TD4 Manual 5door Dynamic Vortex Interior(Ebony) Panoramic roof Privacy glass Parking aid 19"Style 4
10-05-2012 05:54pm
J77

I asked the parts manager at my dealers and he says it's more bother than its worth, he says the whole exhaust needs changed. I am no mechanic so I wouldn't have a clue.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
10-05-2012 09:22pm
benzina

(10-05-2012 05:54pm)DannyEvoque Wrote:  You're right for 95%
Ok in UK you're denied for eD4/TD4 Dynamic
In Belgium TD4 Dynamic with "2" working exhausts!!! TD4 Pure and Prestige 1 exhaust pipe!
In Australia and Gibraltar TD4 Dynamic with only "1" working exhaust....!
There are definitely differences for "only eD4/TD4 Dynamic" depending on country!!!!!!!!!!
I have one (TD4 Dynamic) so I can confirm (see attached pictures...)

Regarding the ed4/ Td4 Dynamic having either one working exhaust or two depending on country....I wonder why they would bother complicating the process on this detail?

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
10-05-2012 11:38pm
lynx

(10-05-2012 09:22pm)J77 Wrote:  I asked the parts manager at my dealers and he says it's more bother than its worth, he says the whole exhaust needs changed. I am no mechanic so I wouldn't have a clue.

yea , who knows..but it would suprise me if they have made custom builds/shapes of the exhausts from a certain section and onwards.
heres what I mean, if you look at the miltek site, their kit consists of

1 x Front Connecting Pipe
1 x Connecting Pipe
1 x Rear Silencer Assembly
2 x Tailpipe Outlet Pipes
2 x Polished Tips

so from the connecting pipe (where ever that is) all models should be about the same (atleast per engine model...)
if one looks at their picture..its one or both of the straight metal tubes that is the "Connecting pipe" or the "Front Connecting pipe"
[Image: 955.jpg]

so..ordering a spare part from the last possible point ,
I would guess the place where the twin/single exhausts starts,
should be possible, original exhausts or not..principle is simple (I hope Cool )

Not sure if the rear bumpers are the same,
and if you could order a "twin holes bumber" and fit it on the
models that came with a single one..without mods..does anyone know that?

TD4 5 door Pure automatic,Fuji White,Black interior,Tech pack, heated seats and stearing wheel,keyless entry,park sensors,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps,19" Wheels type,power rear and lovin every minute of it! Ordered March 10 2012, delivered March 30 2012!
11-05-2012 03:00am
J77

It should be straight forward I think it was more a case of can't be bothered to actually look into it attitude. I know for sure that the Fl2 diesel can have the twin exhausts from the petrol model fitted no problem, so the evoque should be a straight swap from the last point as you say.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
11-05-2012 09:28pm