Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
Evoque TD4 single exhaust to twin exhaust?
RRevoqueTD4

RE: Evoque TD4 single exhaust to twin exhaust?

(08-02-2012 02:08pm)MrHooky Wrote:  Rather than worry about changing the exhaust and bumper to get more sound why don't you just put the money towards a remap?

Same power then as an SD4 plus it doesn't really matter that you've got one exhaust. I like the idea of chasing all those SD4 owners with a remapped ED4 with its puny single tailpipe...

Smile)) agree with you...i am going to the remapping 4 sure...that i've decided already...but i really think that twin exhaust looks way more cool then the single one...if not else im just gonna put a "fake" exhaust on the right side...just for the looks
(08-02-2012 10:06pm)cutter7 Wrote:  Just seen this..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Milltek-Cat-Ba...700wt_1413

and also..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Milltek-Cat-Ba...946wt_1413

I am already talking with the guys from AMD that work with Miltek and waiting for their answer...they do the remapping as well as well as they do the exhaust change.
However there is a slight ironic thing by all this..they say that they do the remapping without RR dealer knowing it...which doesnt void my 3 year RR warranty...but the problem begins with the exhaust change I beleive ...and this where It gets complicated (am still waiting for them to answer on this topic)...They can change the exhaust from single to twin...but i have to change the rear bumper from TD4 version to SD4...and by doing so...wouldn't the guys from RR notice that I have a customised twin exhaust which would probably void my warranty?
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2012 12:59am by RRevoqueTD4.)
10-02-2012 12:47am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GibEvoque

The remap will invalidate your warranty, however if the dealer finds it you'll have to pay for the repairs.

Just a word of warning, technically it is fraudulent to get warranty work undertaken taken without declaring your mods, and if found out down the line could be an issue.

2012 RRE TD4 Auto Dynamic, Fuji white, Shadow Chrome alloys, Panoramic contrast roof
1983 Mk1 Golf Cabriolet 1.8 Gli - Plaything
2009 Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-jet Dyamic - Gone
1994 306 XSi - Long Gone
1985 Mk2 1.3 Golf CL - First LoveWink
10-02-2012 03:18pm
RRevoqueTD4

(10-02-2012 03:18pm)GibEvoque Wrote:  The remap will invalidate your warranty, however if the dealer finds it you'll have to pay for the repairs.

Just a word of warning, technically it is fraudulent to get warranty work undertaken taken without declaring your mods, and if found out down the line could be an issue.

I am not suppose to say this but even the RR salesman told me it is not a problem to remap the engine. Bascily because the SD4 and TD4 are completely 100% same engines. The same citroen engines are found also in freelanders and are already know to be remapped with no problems. The bigger problem would be to tune up the SD4 to maybe 210 or more horsepowers...but at the 150hp TD4 your simply putting it into its 190hp original state.

However officialy it shouldn't be done I agree...but also...why pay 5000€ more if I can get the same specs for 500€?
This is not the issue...the issue are the exhausts...if its gonna be too much ??? and to much $$$ i'm not gonna do it and just go with the remapping.
10-02-2012 06:46pm
GibEvoque

the engines are not the same, the injectors are different in the TD4 to the SD4 and would need exchanging before going past 200bhp, as they are the limiting factor,

2012 RRE TD4 Auto Dynamic, Fuji white, Shadow Chrome alloys, Panoramic contrast roof
1983 Mk1 Golf Cabriolet 1.8 Gli - Plaything
2009 Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-jet Dyamic - Gone
1994 306 XSi - Long Gone
1985 Mk2 1.3 Golf CL - First LoveWink
10-02-2012 11:57pm
lynx

so....how did it go?
I would be interested in the twin exhaust..but only for looks...
Maybe there is a spare part to be bought...rather than doing it for getting more power out of the car.

TD4 5 door Pure automatic,Fuji White,Black interior,Tech pack, heated seats and stearing wheel,keyless entry,park sensors,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps,19" Wheels type,power rear and lovin every minute of it! Ordered March 10 2012, delivered March 30 2012!
08-05-2012 10:48pm
Cedric

I saw a TD4 at the dealer with a twin exhaust, but it was a Dynamic. If it's still there when I collect mine next Tuesday, I'll take a picture.
09-05-2012 06:13pm
barks

(09-05-2012 06:13pm)Cedric Wrote:  I saw a TD4 at the dealer with a twin exhaust, but it was a Dynamic. If it's still there when I collect mine next Tuesday, I'll take a picture.

I think you'll find it is still only a single exhaust the "twin outlets" on the Dynamic are decorative trim pieces only - my dealer mentioned this when I was considering a TD4 in Dynamic. In the end I specced an SD4 Pure.

2012 SD4 Pure Orkney Grey, Almond Espresso Interior, Tech Pack, Clear View Pack, Style 6 Wheels, Heated Seats, Rear Cam, pano Roof.
10-05-2012 05:02am
benzina

And as confirmed by GibEvoque back in post #10 .... Quote '' Just to add, I have a Euro spec TD4 Dynamic, and can confirm this also only has the single exhaust, but the usual twin trim of the Dynamic bumper.''

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2012 07:06am by benzina.)
10-05-2012 07:05am
DannyEvoque

Hi,
I can confirm that in Belgium the TD4 Dynamic has definitely twin exhaust(2 pipes)! It seems that specs depends on the country.

Havana TD4 Manual 5door Dynamic Vortex Interior(Ebony) Panoramic roof Privacy glass Parking aid 19"Style 4
10-05-2012 01:18pm
BFGEvoqueMan

(10-05-2012 01:18pm)DannyEvoque Wrote:  Hi,
I can confirm that in Belgium the TD4 Dynamic has definitely twin exhaust(2 pipes)! It seems that specs depends on the country.

The system is really simple:

Pure/Prestige:

ED4 1 exhaust
TD4 1 exhaust
SD4 2 exhausts
Si4 2 exhausts

Dynamic:

All models 2 exterior trim covers with only one working (Ed4/Td4) or both working (SD4/Si4). This is the only "counrty dependant" part as for example in UK, we are denied Ed4/Td4 Dynamic models.

SimplesCoolCool

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
10-05-2012 01:56pm