Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque Stolen in Berlin... Found in Poland!!
Jeroma

RE: Evoque Stolen in Berlin... Found in Poland!!

(02-04-2014 04:11pm)Evofirenze Wrote:  Hi all,

Been MIA for a few now but I still come up here and check on what is new...
Unbelievably, my Evoque was stolen in Berlin...
They broke a window and with a device their were able to override the on-board software and start the car!
Thanks to God and the German/Polish police, 24hrs later, it was found in Poland with another Evoque -also stolen in Berlin on the same day-, in a sealed Container on the way to Lithuania!!
On that day alone 6 Evoque were broken in, in Berlin alone!! Go figure!

Talk about Mecan trampling all over the Evoque...?? Not so sure about that, as not only a spec'ed Mecan is way expensive but Evoque is still and remains a highly wanted vehicle!!

I am still waiting for my car and hopefully i get it back soon. It will for sure need a lot of upgrade and a few fixes!
----------------------------------------------------
Probably people having worked for LR, knowing and having access to the necessary tools.

A year ago my son had stolen the Multi media system from his VW Passat twice in 1 month. The car was parked on his driveway 5m away from his sleeping room window.
The thiefs had professionally removed the drivers window without braking it It was nicely/undamaged positioned beside the car. They disconnected and removed the complete system without making a sound and left the screws on the seat.

According to the dealer more than 20 Multi media systems were stolen in the area in 1 month. A little later a bunch from Poland was cought, which in the past all had worked for VW.
Fortunately for him it was a lease car, but after the second time the company opted for a more simple system without integrated nav, which is less popular.
In a certain way it's not clever of VW to design a system that fits in all their car models, it allows for a rather broad second hand market. Viva Ebay etc...

Evoque MY2014 ED4 Pure Tech in Aintree Green - Almond/Expresso, priv. glass, rear camera etc...
other cars in house: Renault Megane CC
1960 Triumph TR3A in BRG - on Webers
1970 Triumph TR6PI in jasmine on EFI
05-04-2014 02:16pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sarcastrix

It's the same here in Sweden, 10 RR's were stolen in just one week from the Stockholm area. You can see some of the stolen cars on the link below, last week the gang was active in Gothenburg (Västra Götalands län). Stolen Swedish cars tend to be found in Russia, Poland, Lithuania, Estonia and Germany.

http://www.larmtjanst.se/Efterlysta-obje...turers=163

Range Rovers are still a rare sight on Sweden's roads due to the high tax and purchase cost (Evoque £60k / RR £100k+) however, in 2013 62 Range Rover's were stolen, which is 42 more than in 2012, 45 of the 62 are still missing. Many of these thefts have been carried out by the thieves who've manipulated and evaded the electronic immobilizer, and have not taken the keys.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
(This post was last modified: 21-04-2014 12:06pm by Sarcastrix.)
21-04-2014 11:49am
Kimv

Evoque Stolen in Berlin... Found in Poland!!

(04-04-2014 11:25am)harry Wrote:  good idea how to get rid of mine...

Exactly my thoughts...

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
21-04-2014 02:04pm
Sarcastrix

Well more Range Rovers, BMW X6 & Lexus car are being being stolen from Stockholm and Gothenburg.

The thieves first break into the car, then use an ODBII tool to program their own remote control/key fob to fit the car. Then they steal it there then, or weeks later when the owner has had the smashed window fixed. The police in Sweden did a test with an OBD tool that was confiscated from the thieves a couple of weeks ago, it was found that on a new Range Rover Sport & Evoque it took about 20 seconds from the time one is ready access to the cab to be able to start the car.

All the recovered cars have been found on either Latvian or Lithuanian trucks heading for the ferry ports.

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
10-06-2014 12:23pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

At least in the UK we have one really good deterrent to Eastern European car thieves..................... it's called Right hand drive.
When the police caught the thieves that broke into my house looking for the keys (having obviously not been able to read the notice on the door they smashed in saying that there were no car keys in the house!) they caught two Eastern European people who hardly spoke English........ and were also led to 9 other Land and Range Rovers that had been stolen locally and were hiding in the trailer units of large artic trucks with European haulage / trucking company logos on them. Problem when RHD cars get stolen in the UK they end up in the former colonies that still also drive on the left.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
10-06-2014 01:43pm
Sarcastrix

BBC Watchdog - 30/10: The team investigate the major security weakness that leaves hundreds of thousands of popular cars, from around 30 different makes and models, vulnerable to theft. Is your vehicle safe?

A heads-up for everyone in the UK, BBC Watchdog are going to take another shot car manufactures about their crappy locks and immobilisers - RR Evoque was one of the featured models as it's so very easy steal without the keys.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles...-car-theft

(This post was last modified: 24-10-2014 09:37am by Sarcastrix.)
24-10-2014 09:36am
Z00L

Buy a blank on eBay and with the KeyProgramming Device...easy peasy Sad
I hope it never happens to mine, Evofirenze i'm glad to know you got yours back.

(This post was last modified: 24-10-2014 06:00pm by Z00L.)
24-10-2014 05:58pm
Sarcastrix

(24-10-2014 05:58pm)Z00L Wrote:  Buy a blank on eBay and with the KeyProgramming Device...easy peasy Sad

Yep, extremely easy. I posted above that it only took 20 seconds.

24-10-2014 06:25pm
jitenc

Ok. Where do I buy this gadget. I need to get my gas guzzler exchanged for a newer identical one which gives me more miles per gallon!

Kick 29.2 mpg and not getting better! And it's all due to my driving habits??? Don't tell me it's not for the boy racers. Why have a very sporty look and it drives like a shopping cart. LR have got this one wrong.
Definitely, the wrong car for the badge!

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
24-10-2014 11:45pm
Sarcastrix

The Simon Touch range of tools is one of the best for car thieves, with maybe this being the ultimate piece of kit.

Look how quick it is to unlock a door (this won't start it because of the immobiliser).

As for trackers - all you need is a cheap GSM and / or GPS jammer and that's them taken care off. Best off buying an old fashioned steering wheel such as the Disclok.

25-10-2014 09:39am