Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque Pure Tech On Landrover Builder Site.
The Valeter

Evoque Pure Tech On Landrover Builder Site.

Just playing around on the Landrover builder site and as mentioned recently there is a model derriative to click on fore Pure Tech (which I have ordered) whereas before you clicked on Pure then added the Tech Pack in the options section.
Anyway I clicked on Pure Tech & started building my car just to see the Barolo & then went into the options to find that the HDD Navigation, CD/DVD Hard drive is a £1500 option - Surely this is the main part of the Tech Pack?
It had better be or there will be very large Fireworks if I find this is not on my car when I go & view it in a few days time as in reject!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
13-02-2013 11:59pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Evoque Pure Tech On Landrover Builder Site.

I've just been in there and cannot replicate this when designing a Pure Tech
Where are you seeing it to select it ?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 14-02-2013 12:02am by cjfp.)
14-02-2013 12:02am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

Why do LR give their already challenged dealers such complications? This is bound to cause order mistakes and ultimately result in a lot of disgruntled customers and rejected cars....
14-02-2013 12:03am
The Valeter

I will be absolutely livid if there is a problem that can be assured!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!

14-02-2013 12:18am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

Oooohhhh, yes, there it is !!! I see it as an option during build on the 5dr but not whilst building a 3 dr ! Coupe rules !!!

And it's shown as an option on the 5dr on the Specifications page!

Surely an LR cockup, else what does the Tech bit actually give you extra on a 5dr?

I would ring dealer to confirm - good luck !

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 14-02-2013 12:25am by cjfp.)
14-02-2013 12:24am
Evo-king

I've just had a go at building a Pure Tech, and in the Options bit, Info, Comms & Ent, 2nd click down is a HDD Premium Nav system at £1500.

Don't you just love the configurator.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
14-02-2013 12:24am
The Valeter

May as well just wait till the car gets there as they may not even be aware of this yet & the trying to find out from the powers that be may take longer than the delivery of the car lol?

I hope for Landrover's sake there is not a problem to marr the excellent service, fun so far as I am a real thawn in company's sides when things go wrong.

Virgin Media got my bad temper only tonight after I was called 4 weeks ago asking if I wanted to add an HD TV box for only £2 a month extra on my bill as I was just using Freeview so I said OK then get a bill today that had increased by £6. I rang them up & they said there was a price rise on the 1st of Feb.
I gave them two options bearing in mind I had just entered a 12 Month contract -Send someone out to collect the equipment they only put in 3 weeks ago & stated I won't be paying the extra charge or for any cancellation or secondly put the price back to where I was told last month = I won & got the price down!!
Checking on there again it looks as though although you click on the "Pure Tech" model wich is the normal £2K dearer than the standard Pure none of the contents of the Tech Pack are actually included so on the configurator you have to add all the parts of the pack individually which adds whatever the indivitual cost is to the price so you pay twice. Error me thinks (hopes).

(This post was last modified: 14-02-2013 12:48am by The Valeter.)
14-02-2013 12:36am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

There is a disclaimer on the configuration tool which IIRC states that it may not always be correct and LR cannot be held liable for disappointments........

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 14-02-2013 10:19am by XFullFatTim.)
14-02-2013 10:19am
J77

I think it's just a mix up because I configured a standard pure and can select the HDD navigation for £1500.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
14-02-2013 01:58pm
WB
WB

do they do any testing before releasing this stuff?
14-02-2013 03:39pm