Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque - My hates!
Straydox

RE: Evoque - My hates!

Just a thought AndyF - do drive with the seat height adjustment set pretty low I wonder? Somehow that seems to accentuate the sensation of the width of RRE - conversely sitting higher up seems to make judging the width easier.

I never got to grips with the width of my last A5 Cabrio (but had no trouble with the 3 previous A4 cabs) and I put that down to my general lack of ability and a low driving position - but don't have any problems with the RRE.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
16-08-2012 11:50pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mzn50

I like my Evoque.. I've driven lots and lots of cars/SUVs/Trucks... Performance is good.. Yes rear camera is slow.. Still don't get TMC in Nav.. Like the Auto Highbeam .. Pretty cool and fast to respond..

Only Rants.. 2500km only ..and couple rattles..(from day 1) when on a bad/Dirt road.. Wife's 3 yr old Lexus.. RX350... Nothing...

Matt
Ottawa
2012 Evoque in Barolo Black : Dynamic Package -Active Dynamic Suspension -20" Shadow wheels (delivery July-09) Front Tinted

My Toy - Stealthy and Heavily mod'ed Porsche 997.2 C4S
Hers - Lexus RX350
17-08-2012 01:13am
Neo

Evoque - My hates!

I've justed picked up my car and the reverse camera is NOT slow at all. It takes 1sec to pop up and works like a charm. Perhaps LR has sorted the camera out?

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
17-08-2012 02:49am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The newer cars have had a software upgrade we suspect Neo, the older cars have usually completed the reverse manouvre before the cam comes up on the screen!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 17-08-2012 11:08am by XFullFatTim.)
17-08-2012 11:08am
PhilSkill

Yes, mines been a bit intermittent of late, sometimes not coming up at all if I select Reverse immediately after starting, re-select and it comes up. But I generally use the mirrors to reverse, unless worrying about something immediately behind. I haven't had any software updates applied as yet, but would be good if we could tell what versions are currently on the vehicle... anyone been able to do this?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
17-08-2012 12:08pm
KaDargo

This is the first time I have owned a car with this much technology, and so far I mainly love it, with only a few gripes.

1 - Sat Nav - occasionally decides it hates motorways, despite being selected. Also, why can't you select the 3 routes, and display a larger map and turn list over the splitscreen, without having to choose a route first, commit to it, then find out it's not the one you actually thought it was !

2 - Wiper Winter Park (needed for washing the car, otherwise they foul the bonnet) - but also, when you start driving, why don't they 'normal' park, and revert to winter when you switch off (they get in the way!)

3 - Terrible lag if you floor it at a junction or roundabout etc.

4 - Fuel consumption - hopefully it will improve. (4.2k, ave = 34mpg)

5 - Auto Wipers sweep occasionally on a dry screen (or perhaps maybe a bug just met the sensor?)

At the moment that's about it - not a big list (not as big as the grin on my face every time I drive it Very Happy)

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
17-08-2012 01:29pm
andylel

KaDargo I have made a couple of comments below yours here.

(17-08-2012 01:29pm)KaDargo Wrote:  This is the first time I have owned a car with this much technology, and so far I mainly love it, with only a few gripes.

1 - Sat Nav - occasionally decides it hates motorways, despite being selected. Also, why can't you select the 3 routes, and display a larger map and turn list over the splitscreen, without having to choose a route first, commit to it, then find out it's not the one you actually thought it was !

2 - Wiper Winter Park (needed for washing the car, otherwise they foul the bonnet) - but also, when you start driving, why don't they 'normal' park, and revert to winter when you switch off (they get in the way!)

Andylel comments: There is a service position for the wipers. It's in the manual. I found it after fouling the bonnet! Doh!

3 - Terrible lag if you floor it at a junction or roundabout etc.

Andylel comments: Mine has been to the dealer twice about this. The first time they reset the gearbox adaptions but it regressed. The second time with me being so persistent, they raised it with Landrover and discovered that there is an ECM update that affects the drive train also. they have applied the updates and it has absolutely transformed the vehicle. I suggest taking it to your dealer and asking for the fix.

4 - Fuel consumption - hopefully it will improve. (4.2k, ave = 34mpg)

5 - Auto Wipers sweep occasionally on a dry screen (or perhaps maybe a bug just met the sensor?)

At the moment that's about it - not a big list (not as big as the grin on my face every time I drive it Very Happy)
(This post was last modified: 17-08-2012 04:22pm by andylel.)
17-08-2012 01:45pm
Big G

(10-08-2012 10:36am)NightFox Wrote:  I've now got visions of Victoria Beckham wearing a pair of welder's gloves doing the final QC checks

Thats one for another type of forumLaughing
Suprised no one mentioned the painfully slow front seat motors in the Coupe, especially when it's lashing down, which is most days here lately, maybe its been done to death on here already.

Beyond that - loving it all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
(This post was last modified: 17-08-2012 02:22pm by Big G.)
17-08-2012 02:18pm
Urban Splash

Right,

I have changed my mind about the Evoque sat nav....it really is pretty rubbish. It all became apparent today. I have been driving around in a work hire car, which is a new Kia c'eed. The sat nav is brilliant. The graphics are great, very detailed. It's quick and the touch screen is responsive. It's also very easy to use. I can't believe how good the 3d map looks compared to the Evoque map....

If the sluggishness and rubbish graphics do feature in the new RR nav, LR should be ashamed. It's a damn disgrace when a system in a Kia is far superior from a nav point of view.

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
29-08-2012 08:14pm
defender_uk

fully agree urban splash. My works is the Kia Cee'd and the sat nav is far superior....The only decent thing with the RRE sat nav, which I shall miss in the RRS is the lane indication function....

When LR first put the sat nav in the RRS at the launch, it was the best there was on the market by far... we have gone from one extreme to the other!

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
29-08-2012 08:21pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply