Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque Going Going!
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Evoque Going Going!

Tony, always bear in mind that you cannot take the money or the car with you when your number is called, enjoy it now (which I'm sure you will!). I'm still in employment and I have restless nights just like yours whenever I buy a car, especially when I'm spending over £30k / more than half a year's salary on one! Just wondering if now I am well passed 55 I should be cashing in the pension to buy a sports car - an F Type V6S with AWD would be my preference over a Lambo though (the roads around here are too narrow for a Lambo!)

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2015 09:24am by XFullFatTim.)
08-04-2015 09:22am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tony

(08-04-2015 09:22am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Tony, always bear in mind that you cannot take the money or the car with you when your number is called, enjoy it now (which I'm sure you will!). I'm still in employment and I have restless nights just like yours whenever I buy a car, especially when I'm spending over £30k / more than half a year's salary on one! Just wondering if now I am well passed 55 I should be cashing in the pension to buy a sports car - an F Type V6S with AWD would be my preference over a Lambo though (the roads around here are too narrow for a Lambo!)

Only to true, happend to several friends over the years.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
08-04-2015 12:07pm
J77

My DS is the most expensive car I've bought, so caused a few sleepless nights, though it isn't bought outright I put a hefty deposit down. We are born and we die the bit in the middle is for partying.

What's the point of working hard all your life for others to benefit after you've gone. I tell my parents the same thing, live their life and spend their hard earned cash.

The sun is shinning so enjoy your F-Type.

If it makes you feel better think of the V6 as being your sensible eco choice Laughing

I'm 29 and don't know what the future will hold pension wise, I have company pension, shares, ISAs etc, I'm squirrelling money away left right and centre working every hour possible, enjoying life while still trying to cater for my needs later in life.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2015 12:27pm by J77.)
08-04-2015 12:20pm
Tony

(08-04-2015 12:20pm)J77 Wrote:  My DS is the most expensive car I've bought, so caused a few sleepless nights, though it isn't bought outright I put a hefty deposit down. We are born and we die the bit in the middle is for partying.

What's the point of working hard all your life for others to benefit after you've gone. I tell my parents the same thing, live their life and spend their hard earned cash.

The sun is shinning so enjoy your F-Type.

If it makes you feel better think of the V6 as being your sensible eco choice Laughing

I'm 29 and don't know what the future will hold pension wise, I have company pension, shares, ISAs etc, I'm squirrelling money away left right and centre working every hour possible, enjoying life while still trying to cater for my needs later in life.

Thanks J77, we will do our best to enjoy.

The wife is younger than me but still has a mile stone birthday later this year. When we were mulling over an F Type I asked her what would she like, a good holiday the other side the world? South America?, SE Asia?, she said no, lets go for the F Type, holiday is over in a month, we can enjoy the car for a couple of years. Plus she added, we are fortunate that we now live in what many regard as a holiday location (except when the rain is horizontal) so trecking the other side of the world is not so important now, we did all that years ago. She is right, I am typing this in the study looking out over a sea loch, if I stand up and look NW I can see the islands of Harris and Lewis in the distance, the sea and sky are bright blue today and can't you tell I'm talking myself out of another panic attack!!!!

So bottom line is if it all goes wrong, its the wifes fault!

A couple of years down the line new engines proven etc. we may re-look at a DS as a sensible car after the F Type but I guess we will be buying in below mid range the way prices are going. Most seem to report that it is more refined than the Evoque which for us was one of the Evoque's disappointments. That being said the mid range 2008 FL2 SE we had was the best car we have ever owned.

Tea break over, off out for some more gardening.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2015 05:52pm by Tony.)
08-04-2015 02:37pm
scrannel

(07-04-2015 10:51pm)Tony Wrote:  In the UK the V6S and V8S models do come with the Dynamic suspension, the standard 340bhp V6 makes do with standard spring/dampers. The S models have a three way traction control, Standard, Dynamic - which sharpens everything up like the Evoque and a Snow/Rain mode which softens everything down.

We have gone for a V6S which also has the LSD, the prospect of going from 14 years of 4WD LRs down to basically 1WD in slippery conditions was too much. However if it snows bad I can take the bus, its free up here if you are 60.

Seems the Dynamic suspension is not MagneRide but... well heeled springs and dampers. Had MagneRide on my last two cars and not only an incredible suspension, but -- for long trips -- great on my motorcycle smashed back. Dealer offered to let me take one for a week and see how it goes, but I'd know after one day.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
08-04-2015 05:21pm
J77

If Land Rover do to the Evoque, what they have done with the DS, then I think the Evoque could be a cracking little Range Rover.

08-04-2015 05:27pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

From what I have read the infotainment system isn't going into the Range Rovers (Evoque, Sport and L405) until 2017MY.............

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2015 06:42pm by XFullFatTim.)
08-04-2015 06:38pm
J77

16MY Evoque is getting the incontrol touch plus which is based around the meridian system, which is optional on the DS. From what I've heard it doesn't work as well as incontrol touch, which is frustrating a few owners who have spent a fortune on the entertainment pack.

08-04-2015 07:32pm
Kugaman1

Good luck with the Jag Tony.

They are absolutely STUNNING to look at. Do it whilst you are abke to enjoy it!

My Evoque is going in the next week or so. I am fed up of the rattles and creaks. I could live with them for a while, but after having ESP problems last week and now this week my parking sensors dont work, its going.

Ive ordered an Audi S3 sportback. Keeps me in a 4wd but with 300bhp.
09-04-2015 07:41pm
vinny

(09-04-2015 07:41pm)Kugaman1 Wrote:  Good luck with the Jag Tony.

They are absolutely STUNNING to look at. Do it whilst you are abke to enjoy it!

My Evoque is going in the next week or so. I am fed up of the rattles and creaks. I could live with them for a while, but after having ESP problems last week and now this week my parking sensors dont work, its going.

Ive ordered an Audi S3 sportback. Keeps me in a 4wd but with 300bhp.

Audi build quality is massively better than land rover,no rattles or creaks and the quality of materials is fantastic.
I could never go back,my sq5 has over 300bhp and almost as much torque as a range rover sport svr while still returning 40+MPG.
You will love the s3 they are quick as well,I still managed to get everywhere with the Audi that I got to with the evoque when the snow came which was a concern to me initially but no worries at all,19000 mile service intervals mean you don't see dealers as often too.

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
10-04-2015 11:51pm